• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Masher agent to hold talks with Barca today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want Masche to leave ... his mentality and passion on the pitch is vital !!! - refer to Old Trafford game.

BUT ... my mate who supports Barcelona said would you take 15M + Eto'o for Masche?

Hmmmmm.

no 🙂 eto'o is a good player but has had a few injuries in previous seasons, he will be at the african nations and a lot of players would score 20 goals a season at barcelona they're just so good, in fact I can't think of a player that has looked nearly as good after leaving the club in recent years? dos santos, ronaldinho, rivaldo....

what do we value mascherano at realistically -

we paid 18m for a player who was fading away at west ham, his first spell in european football which he still hadn't proved himself in.
we're now selling the argentina captain who has showed he can be one of the best midfielders in europe and he's still young

the prices of footballers has also gotten so inflated, so 30m shouldn't be out of the question, add a few million to get villa playing with torres they look like they would enjoy playing together

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=34210.msg892373#msg892373 date=1245591517]
[quote author=Roopy link=topic=34210.msg892363#msg892363 date=1245589902]
would you take 15M + Eto'o for Masche?
[/quote]

No.
[/quote]¨

20-25 mill + Yaya Toure and it's a deal

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=34210.msg892386#msg892386 date=1245592843]
25Mil will get you Stevie G's left toe-nail, Torres' right toe and Mascher's left foot.
[/quote]

I assume Stevie will keep up the standard without his nail, but the other two seem rather stupid to keep in a footie club?

What a tit:

One of the country's most high profile sports writers, Rob Shepherd of the Daily Express, has today been sentenced to 14 months in prison for attacking a man in a wine bar.

Express football editor Shepherd, 41, was sentenced at Croydon crown court in south London this afternoon and ordered to pay a total of £5,000 in costs and compensation.

He was taken straight to prison from the courtroom and is expected to serve at least half of the sentence in custody. He was ordered to pay £2,500 in compensation and £2,500 in total for his own costs and those of the prosecution.

He was found guilty of grievous bodily harm on December 8 after biting a man in La Rascasse wine bar in Beckenham High Street on July 5.

The journalist had been arguing with his wife in the bar because he did not approve of her showing off some lingerie she had just bought, Shepherd told the judge in December.

But another drinker in the bar, David McMenigall, told the court that as Shepherd was leaving, he placed his hands on Mr McMenigall's shoulders and bit him in the face after a disagreement over a mobile phone.

Shepherd said he acted in self-defence as he thought he was going to be attacked by Mr McMenigall or his friends.

He was not remanded in custody at the hearing in December because Judge Kenneth Macrae said it would be unfair to his two children just before Christmas.

But he banned Shepherd from pubs and ordered probation officers to investigate the sports writer's drinking habits and deferred sentencing until today.

The Express was not prepared to comment on Shepherd's imprisonment.

Shepherd was among 25 Express staffers to receive a £40,000 windfall from Lord Hollick when he sold the paper to Richard Desmond in 2000.

As one of football's highest profile hacks, working alongside Harry Harris at the Express, Shepherd made regular appearances on television and radio shows, talking about the game.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2004/jan/09/pressandpublishing.dailyexpress/print

Just occurred to me - Davey Moores has a nice place in Spain, and he flies back and forth all the time to watch our matches, so he could take in Mascher's wife as a guest. Sorted.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/06/22/1339692/barcelona-turn-to-daniele-de-rossi-as-mascherano-deal-slips-away-

Barcelona are stepping up their desperate chase to sign another world class central midfielder.

The Blaugrana have long been tied to Liverpool’s Javier Mascherano but with the Reds declaring that the Argentine is not for sale, and with Real Madrid threatening to enter the race, the Catalans are now prepared to turn their attention to Roma favourite Daniele De Rossi.
According to El Mundo Deportivo, Barca technical director Txiki Begiristain has added the 25-year-old to his shopping list once again this summer. The midfielder has already been tracked by Barca over the past few seasons and they almost landed him two years ago in what was Frank Rijkaard’s final campaign. Instead, it was Toure Yaya who ended up at the Camp Nou.

Current Barcelona trainer Pep Guardiola also requested the services of De Rossi last summer and he has once again expressed his interest this year. But like arch rivals Real Madrid, who are also reportedly keeping tabs on De Rossi, the Catalans are aware that the player has pledged his future to the Giallorossi and he will not leave the Eternal City regardless of who comes calling.

The Spanish paper believes that Barca’s only hope is to convince Roma, who are in the midst of economic uncertainty, to part with their star midfielder in exchange for a healthy amount of cash.

So far this summer, Barcelona have always been the first club to be linked with countless megastars, including Franck Ribery, David Villa, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mascherano, but they appear to always drop out of the race for their signatures.

[quote author=Insignificance link=topic=34210.msg892545#msg892545 date=1245615540]
[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=34210.msg892386#msg892386 date=1245592843]
25Mil will get you Stevie G's left toe-nail, Torres' right toe and Mascher's left foot.
[/quote]

I assume Stevie will keep up the standard without his nail, but the other two seem rather stupid to keep in a footie club?
[/quote]

That may be an assumption too many, even for Stevie. I had half my right big toenail removed once because of an infection. It was as sore as f'ck till the nail grew back.

[quote author=Peatcheo link=topic=34210.msg892760#msg892760 date=1245665832]
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/06/22/1339692/barcelona-turn-to-daniele-de-rossi-as-mascherano-deal-slips-away-

Barcelona are stepping up their desperate chase to sign another world class central midfielder.

The Blaugrana have long been tied to Liverpool’s Javier Mascherano but with the Reds declaring that the Argentine is not for sale, and with Real Madrid threatening to enter the race, the Catalans are now prepared to turn their attention to Roma favourite Daniele De Rossi.
According to El Mundo Deportivo, Barca technical director Txiki Begiristain has added the 25-year-old to his shopping list once again this summer. The midfielder has already been tracked by Barca over the past few seasons and they almost landed him two years ago in what was Frank Rijkaard’s final campaign. Instead, it was Toure Yaya who ended up at the Camp Nou.

Current Barcelona trainer Pep Guardiola also requested the services of De Rossi last summer and he has once again expressed his interest this year. But like arch rivals Real Madrid, who are also reportedly keeping tabs on De Rossi, the Catalans are aware that the player has pledged his future to the Giallorossi and he will not leave the Eternal City regardless of who comes calling.

The Spanish paper believes that Barca’s only hope is to convince Roma, who are in the midst of economic uncertainty, to part with their star midfielder in exchange for a healthy amount of cash.

So far this summer, Barcelona have always been the first club to be linked with countless megastars, including Franck Ribery, David Villa, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mascherano, but they appear to always drop out of the race for their signatures.

[/quote]

Wouldn't it just be cheaper and easier for them to pay Touré what he wants?

From SSN.

Masch flattered by duo
Reds ace pleased to be linked with Barca and Real

By Patricio Figueroa Last updated: 23rd June 2009

Mascherano: Flattered

The Argentine international has been tipped to join the Camp Nou outfit this summer while his representative, Walter Tamer, is understood to have jetted to Catalunya to hold talks last week.

Manager Rafa Benitez is desperate to retain the midfielder who has become an integral part of his plans after signing a five-year contract back in 2007.

Mascherano has now dropped his biggest hint yet that he wants to swap the Premier League for La Liga after confirming he is flattered by the duo's reported interest.

Flattered

"I am very proud and thankful for the interest from Barcelona and Real Madrid. It's good for me to have these two teams interested in me," he told Don Balon.

"Both teams are very important but at this moment I think that Barcelona is a little bit better and that's why they've won all that they have."

Meanwhile, Mascherano has expressed his happiness at being a regular in Diego Maradona's Argentina squad: "I'm very proud that Maradona has me in mind.

"The best player in the world ever says many good things about me and that makes me very proud."

I'm starting to go off Mascherano 🙁

I'd swap Masher or Alonso for De Rossi, but wouldn't want either to go unless someone like him was coming in.

Wouldn't at all surprised to see Masher and Alonso starting next season, this is all just talk talk talk to get better contracts.

If Mascherano said that, he's slipped a long way down in my admiration for him ... Let him go for 25 mill + Toure.

He can talk all he wants.. we should keep hold of him for one more year, ala Fergie with Ronaldo. Perhaps next year, the Spanish clubs will have either have lost interest in him or will have re-lined their pockets with another 50m+ and are ready to make an absurd offer (again, ala Ronaldo).

If it's genuinely a case of family problems, then let him go.

If it's just a ploy to get more money or something else, then fuck it, he's on a long contract and we don't have to sell.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34210.msg893354#msg893354 date=1245747225]

If it's just a ploy to get more money or something else, then fuck it, he's on a long contract and we don't have to sell.
[/quote]

Agreed

[quote author=Asim link=topic=34210.msg893383#msg893383 date=1245749030]
[quote author=keniget link=topic=34210.msg893354#msg893354 date=1245747225]

[/quote]

Agreed
[/quote]

x2

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=34210.msg893389#msg893389 date=1245749235]
I don't think the qoutes are that bad to be honest. it IS flattering to be linked with barca and real.
[/quote]

How did Torres respond when linked with the Mancs?

That's how your supposed to respond - Sure, be flattered but keep that away from the press.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=34210.msg893392#msg893392 date=1245749324]
I don't think the qoutes are that bad to be honest. it IS flattering to be linked with barca and real.
[/quote]

That's how your supposed to respond - Sure, be flattered but keep that away from the press.
[/quote]

well to be fair torres is a one off both on and off the pitch.

"I worry about losing my team-mates, of course," Torres said. "But when you play for a team like Liverpool you don't have to worry about that. You are a top player and you will get a good contract. You don't have to be scared to lose a little bit of money."

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=34210.msg893397#msg893397 date=1245749463]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Plus I'm sure Mascher would have told them to fuck off also, but he should have told the Spanish clubs to fuck off n all

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=34210.msg893397#msg893397 date=1245749463]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Didn't Torres say in the press he would be happy to play for one of the Milan teams one day?

It is flattering to be linked with big teams such as those but the most disappointing thing about that interview was that Mascher didn't say he was happy to be playing for us. Or perhaps he did and SSN just edited it out... who knows?

[quote author=Asim link=topic=34210.msg893409#msg893409 date=1245749826]
Plus I'm sure Mascher would have told them to fuck off also, but he should have told the Spanish clubs to fuck off n all
[/quote]

Yes, and normally he's very good at that:

MascheranoCele_468x323.jpg

Fuck off fuck off fuck off!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=34210.msg892816#msg892816 date=1245672304]

Wouldn't it just be cheaper and easier for them to pay Touré what he wants?

[/quote]

it's classic catalan press, they link themselves to every half decent player going. it's like casting a wide net. if you believe who they're after or making offers for well lets just say the list is very long. yet, they've not done any business.

As i thought, sky and other media sources left half of what Mascherano said!!

I'm comfortable at Liverpool but flattered by Spanish interest

Javier Mascherano admits he is flattered by the reported interest in him from Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Both Barca and Madrid have been strongly linked to the Argentina captain as they look to strengthen their squads this summer, and the Liverpool man has taken great pride from that.

"It`s really flattering. For me it means great recognition because we are talking about big clubs," said Mascherano, who still has three years left on his contract at Anfield.

"I feel comfortable at Liverpool, but it`s always good to know that teams like Barca and Madrid are interested in you. I feel very grateful."

Mascherano also spoke highly of Liverpool coach Rafael Benitez, and believes it is great for the Reds that the Spaniard recently committed himself to the club, penning a new contract that runs until 2014.

"(He is) excellent. He`s a perfectionist, working down to the smallest detail that you can imagine. Fortunately he has renewed his contract, meaning his ties to the club continue and this will give more calm to everybody," Mascherano said in an interview with Spanish magazine Don Balon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom