• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Manchester City vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it as being a new type of game for Klopp, I like it when we score early and then force the others to have to change their game plan. But I think this one will be different. It's a 30 min team (them) v a 90 min team (us of course). We need to keep them at bay for the 1st half hour and them disect them minute by minute for the last hour or so.
They play possession football and that's why Fabinho is going to be important for this one. We're gonna have to limit their possession in our half and break quickly, long balls to our quick wingers are preferable. We are also going to have to put some pressure on their midfield. We have to disrupt their passing game.

Rumoured team:

Alisson
TAA Lovren Virgil Robertson
Hendo Fabinho Gini
Salah Firmino Mane

Is right.

They play possession football and that's why Fabinho is going to be important for this one. We're gonna have to limit their possession in our half and break quickly, long balls to our quick wingers are preferable. We are also going to have to put some pressure on their midfield. We have to disrupt their passing game.
Straight out of the Jackie Charlton play book that one, ........unfortunately for us Irish it was a very long book, one paragraph only!

Yeah but we had a lead to defend, and ended up beating them

Of course just pointing out I expect this game to be very similar.

Klopp would love a draw so we’ll go to defend.

City will dominate and hopefully we can pick them off

Of course just pointing out I expect this game to be very similar.

Klopp would love a draw so we’ll go to defend.

City will dominate and hopefully we can pick them off

I would not be to sure - the way they conceded possession at Anfield this season surprised me. I think Pep gets the shits when we play them that much is obvious by his own admission in that video. But at the same time I actually think those midfield cute players he has - lack a bit of stamina - and one of the reasons they made those losses recently is that they cannot actually track back and defend that well - plus the like of Silva look very tired. If you look at their team - the recycling of the ball in terms of tackling and stuff is done by one individual - while our midfielders that don't pass as well as them but are able to stop such players and make aggressive challenges. This time it may be different as we have Gini, and Fabinio who are ball players and Mane is coming deeper this season to take up those empty spaces. I think they will be aggressive but very likely to make errors if we fight for possession of the ball - they are not use to that sort of thing.

The immediate indicator of how they approach this game will be determined by how high a defensive line they take - higher up the pitch means that they will go for the attacking passing philosophy - anything different will indicate a cautious approach.

Milner only returned to training yesterday, so that might make Klopp's decision for him; the starting midfield 3 will probably be Fabinho, Hendo and Gini. I also think Keita might have a role to play in the 2nd half – Man City in general don't like players running at them from midfield (that's why they couldn't handle Ox last season) and in the last 30 minutes and some tired legs it could be particularly effective.

The only way to beat them is to gegenpress them full throttle 300% for 90 mins and give them not a moment to breathe let alone think.

In the words of Klopp, be angry. Be very angry. Hulk smash angry.

Dude, have you seen Mane and Salah run?? The minute they over-commit which they'll have to at some stage, we win the ball back and play it out well, we're in fuckin business. I know that sounds a bit too simplistic, but we could genuinely destroy them on the counter if we're on it.

Milner only returned to training yesterday, so that might make Klopp's decision for him; the starting midfield 3 will probably be Fabinho, Hendo and Gini. I also think Keita might have a role to play in the 2nd half – Man City in general don't like players running at them from midfield (that's why they couldn't handle Ox last season) and in the last 30 minutes and some tired legs it could be particularly effective.

I reckon Keita might start y'know.

Could whomever edited my thread title please not do that.
One of the things I find extremely cringey and classless is the nicknames and name calling, its just not me. So please if you wish to do so start your own thread with the name calling in it.
Ta.

Bus wanker

Shaq does this better than Keita

Milner is no big worry for me even og he was out for some games. I don't think too many in PL is as throughout fit as him. And a few games out can be good to freshen his legs. I don't think he will be rusty. So if he is matchfit Klopp has no doubts to use him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom