• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Manchester City vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a better defence than them and our attacks are of equal quality. Right now, our front 3 are in better form.

This game will be won or lost in the midfield. Fernandinho, KDB and D.Silva are all coming back from injuries. If Pep goes with Bernando over KDB, they will lack a bit of athleticism, but will have more control, as he's in better form.

Our midfield lot seem fit and rearing to go (save Milner).

Obviously, with it being away, and the quality of their side being top notch, it's going to be a tough game.

But I see this game like the old Arsenal vs United games. Where Arsenal had all the pretty football, and often took the lead and looked unplayable for 25mins. But the ruthless efficiency of United, and never say die attitude often had them coming back (when the pressure was on) and winning.

Thus, i'll go for a 3-1 Pool, with City to score first, and then to miss a huge chance (Sterling). We'll score 3 goals, and have 4 shots on target. City might even see a red card at the end.

Can anyone explain “bin day”?

It's the magical day, once a fortnight when noisy fairies in their magical steed collect all the crap and waste we produce.

(when the bin men come to collect the rubbish, it's obviously different days In different areas)

It's the magical day, once a fortnight when noisy fairies in their magical steed collect all the crap and waste we produce.

(when the bin men come to collect the rubbish, it's obviously different days In different areas)

Still don’t get the joke though.

the joke is that no one knows when bin day is especially in the post xmas pre New year gap when most schedules go out the window... So people don't know when to put the bins out, it's a bit confusing.

I think that's the joke rurik

Btw Milner is back in training, so I guess he'll be in contention for the City game.
We played with Milner, Wijnaldum and Hendo in midfield last time against City, I'd rather not do it this time.

Line up?
The usual back 5.
Fabs, Wijnaldum and Keita in midfield. Yes I want to us to go for it. Best defence is attack against Man C. I don't rate their defence at all, teams just tend to shit themselves and park the bus against them and that's playing into their hands.
The usual front three.

Last edited:
Btw Milner is back in training, so I guess he'll be in contention for the City game.
We played with Milner, Wijnaldum and Hendo in midfield last time against City, I'd rather not do it this time.

Line up?
The usual back 5.
Fabs, Wijnaldum and Keita in midfield. Yes I want to us to go for it. Best defence is attack against Man C. I don't rate their defence at all, teams just tend to shit themselves and park the bus against them and that's playing into their hands.
The usual front three.
I love Keita but he's not hitting BL form yet and that would be a gamble too far IMO. Fabs, Gini and Milner for me, which also offers a lot more protection for TAA, our weak link on his current form.

I love Keita but he's not hitting BL form yet and that would be a gamble too far IMO. Fabs, Gini and Milner for me, which also offers a lot more protection for TAA, our weak link on his current form.
Yeah that makes sense. Actually Hendo would make even more sense for fitness reasons as long as he's not playing in the holding role.

I think Hendo is a must for this game; the one thing Man City midfielders hate is someone harrying them all over the pitch and destroying their beautiful spider-webs. Robbo, Firmino, Milner and Hendo are the 4 best players we have at this; all 4 should start.
Didn't really work at Anfield did it?

The joke is Braintree Borough Council who refuse to recycle glass, yet at the same time ask you not to put glass in with the general refuse, what the hell do they want me to do with them, decorate my house with a cheap modern day bottle collection?!

For most people bin day is set out in weird ways like "every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month it is general waste, every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month it is recycling". At Christmas they change the schedules around Bank Holidays so coupled with no one knowing what day of the week it is due to time off and public holidays, people often forget to put the bins out. Not overly exciting but a classic British conversation point in the pub at Christmas time.

Didn't really work at Anfield did it?
Henderson wasn't playing with Fabs then was he? (if he was Fabs was still settling). I agree with the previous sentiment that we need that physicality in midfield, yes City can overcome most physical midfields with their technical ability, and they'd also overcome most technical midfields as theirs is so good, however if you get the right mixed of both, like I believe we've got, you can really cause them trouble. Fabs, Hendo, Gini for me.

Henderson wasn't playing with Fabs then was he? (if he was Fabs was still settling). I agree with the previous sentiment that we need that physicality in midfield, yes City can overcome most physical midfields with their technical ability, and they'd also overcome most technical midfields as theirs is so good, however if you get the right mixed of both, like I believe we've got, you can really cause them trouble. Fabs, Hendo, Gini for me.
No but he said that he wanted Henderson, Milner, Firmino and Robbo to start.
Which technically would mean a midfield consisting of Wijnaldum, Henderson and Milner. That's unless he meant Milner playing at RB.

No but he said that he wanted Henderson, Milner, Firmino and Robbo to start.
Which technically would mean a midfield consisting of Wijnaldum, Henderson and Milner. That's unless he meant Milner playing at RB.
Missed that bit, Gini's a must for me, one of the best in the squad for getting the ball and turning in midfield. Fabs is a must because I think he's both superior in the holding role to Hendo, and he makes a Hendo a better play being there, sorry Milner.

The joke is Braintree Borough Council who refuse to recycle glass, yet at the same time ask you not to put glass in with the general refuse, what the hell do they want me to do with them, decorate my house with a cheap modern day bottle collection?!

I've heard we used to send all our recycling to China but that deal fell through a months ago so it all ends in landfill now anyways

#overheardonthebus

There is a thread on bluemoon about Kompany's plea for fans to bring the noise. I'm expecting this to sound like a home game for us - we've got some belting tunes at the moment and morale in the supporters couldn't be higher. Early goal and we can kill the crowd, as well as their team.

For all the optimism before this game, this will be very tough. Guardiola will have them well up for it and they're still an insanely good team.
This can easily be our first loss of the year. We're in great form, but this will be tough.

There is a thread on bluemoon about Kompany's plea for fans to bring the noise. I'm expecting this to sound like a home game for us - we've got some belting tunes at the moment and morale in the supporters couldn't be higher. Early goal and we can kill the crowd, as well as their team.
In the Blue Moon match thread there is much talk about creating a hostile atmosphere, and that pockets of "dippers" found in the home sections need to get a hiding this year.

For all the optimism before this game, this will be very tough. Guardiola will have them well up for it and they're still an insanely good team.
This can easily be our first loss of the year. We're in great form, but this will be tough.

This is true. I just think that aura they had last year is gone, and if any team in the league has a bit of an aura about them, it is us. This is also a free hit given their recent losses. For them, the pressure on this game is massive. For us, even if we lose, we'll have come out of the Christmas period very well indeed.

Agreed - the cost to losing for them is significant. I think they'll be tetchy and so many of their players aren't used to having to battle, they had things too easy last season which I hope will also work in our favour.

In the Blue Moon match thread there is much talk about creating a hostile atmosphere, and that pockets of "dippers" found in the home sections need to get a hiding this year.

It will be very hostile I can imagine.

200.webp

Is right. I think some are forgetting how good they are despite suffering a bit of a blip.

I reckon they're going to do to us what we did to them last season - halt their unbeaten run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom