• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Manchester City vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning this would be a big step towards the title, but we're Liverpool and capable of fucking up anything. I think we should go for it. Klopp has a great record against Pep. We have a great record against City. Push the defence up, press them hard, force them to play long balls and exploit any mistake. It works time and time against City because they're just not used to having so little time on the ball. It's only 3 points but it's the biggest game of the season for us.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

8 goals conceded in 20 league games. Focus your energy on that as opposed to what we failed to do years ago.

The last two games City have played against us (2nd leg CL and the game at Anfield) they've been very effective at dominating our midfield by having two players stay wide supporting the defence during the build up, effectively opening up new passing lanes which bypass our press, and make it more difficult for our midfield to cut out their build up play via good positioning. They've failed to get the results they wanted in both games, but they were effective at controlling our midfield in both games, I'm hoping Jurgen has wised up to this and won't let City have as much joy on Thursday.

The last two games City have played against us (2nd leg CL and the game at Anfield) they've been very effective at dominating our midfield by having two players stay wide supporting the defence during the build up, effectively opening up new passing lanes which bypass our press, and make it more difficult for our midfield to cut out their build up play via good positioning. They've failed to get the results they wanted in both games, but they were effective at controlling our midfield in both games, I'm hoping Jurgen has wised up to this and won't let City have as much joy on Thursday.
Another reason to see the double pivot (Fabs and Gini) and Millie start as our midfield three. I just can't see him not starting that considering our last couple of games against City. Why go with the same 'tried and trusted' (Hendo, Millie, Gini), but now sussed out, three?

Ah man I wish this was today! Don't know what to do with myself. Got all worked up watching Rocky clips and shit for nothing.

I think he will go Gini, Henderson, Fabinho. Milner to come on if he wants to close the game out, Shaq if we are chasing it.

Personally I'd start Shaq as they don't like it up 'em, try to fucking obliterate them...I think Klopp will be more sensible with so much on the line and the stringer position we are in, he will be happy with a draw.

ok......here we go.......win this I think the league is done....

Thats all.
Oh FFFS. gets Wizard costume out

get_image

The only table we have in Norway is the one starting from when 20LEgend became manager of the biggest and bestest club in the world. We are currently top but only until United have played their match.
Norway has a serious amount of Liverpool supporters though. Are they not rebelling against this obsession?

I've also noticed that the 'baby-faced assassin is more than looking his age. He has a touch of the Smeagol about him actually.

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxsportsasia.com%2Ftachyon%2F2018%2F12%2Fole-gunnar-solskjaer.jpg

Norway has a serious amount of Liverpool supporters though. Are they not rebelling against this obsession?

I've also noticed that the 'baby-faced assassin is more than looking his age. He has a touch of the Smeagol about him actually.

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxsportsasia.com%2Ftachyon%2F2018%2F12%2Fole-gunnar-solskjaer.jpg

One of the veteran media commentators (Well known to be man utd fan btw) made a story about he was shocked of all the hate Solskjær created (he could probably be more accurate and say how much hate the media coverage of Solskjær created as noone, including the media, really cared what he and Molde was on to 2 weeks ago).

But it is immense. Some papers had an 8 pages special and others have a live feed on ManU and Solskjær stuff. I really find it amussing as I can use the hysteria to stick my Manc friends who finds it all a bit embarrasing.

Official supporter club now has over 45 000 members.

Best comment I’ve seen so far is that Solskjaer contributed to Magnus Carlsen performing better in the Chess WC by becoming Utd manager.

Avoid defeat at all costs; I don't want the momentum to shift to city. pep played the right tactics at anfield and nearly nicked it. city are weakness is their fullback and we need to exploit this / wherever walker is playing. City have also wheeled out kompany; it will be interesting if he starts as on thursday.

Another reason to see the double pivot (Fabs and Gini) and Millie start as our midfield three. I just can't see him not starting that considering our last couple of games against City. Why go with the same 'tried and trusted' (Hendo, Millie, Gini), but now sussed out, three?
Fab plays far better when Hendo is with him.
Mane needs to stop going for glory all the fucking time. Pisses me when he shoots for goal when a pass would almost guaranteed a goal.

Winning this would be a big step towards the title, but we're Liverpool and capable of fucking up anything. I think we should go for it. Klopp has a great record against Pep. We have a great record against City. Push the defence up, press them hard, force them to play long balls and exploit any mistake. It works time and time against City because they're just not used to having so little time on the ball. It's only 3 points but it's the biggest game of the season for us.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Yes, let's give it to the c*nts. We have much less to lose than City. We've amassed this unexpected advantage over them and I think it gives us carte blanche to go for the jugular. If we lose, hey ho, we're still in a better position than we had any reason to believe we'd be in. If we win....well, that's a lovely advantage, and I think Pep doesn't like playing catch up.

I can so feel this game.... they are gonna come at us from every angle...both sides with two giants defending and both having speed up front. Its gonna be fucking epic this.

0-0

Fab plays far better when Hendo is with him.
Mane needs to stop going for glory all the fucking time. Pisses me when he shoots for goal when a pass would almost guaranteed a goal.
Did you not watch the Arsenal game? Hendo plays better (further forward) with Fabs beside him, I'm not sure the same can be said for Fabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom