• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

The last thing we need is to let him him go on loan to barca.. If he does well there barca will get into his head as they always do with players and get him to force a move... Cunt of club and the last thing we need to be doing is to help them in anyway whatsoever
Yeah you might be onto something here.

I'm wondering now Barca have shown their hand, if we'll tell Salzburg 4m loan fee or no deal.

The last thing we need is to let him him go on loan to barca.. If he does well there barca will get into his head as they always do with players and get him to force a move... Cunt of club and the last thing we need to be doing is to help them in anyway whatsoever
Sorry, I did not see your post but essentially my thinking is the same as yours regarding Barca.

Linked with Simikan again. Probably the Gomez replacement if he leaves. But he's primarily an RCB or a RB. Little evidence of him playing on the left which really should be the priority

I really don’t get this “we need a left sided CB stuff”.

Virgil will play pretty much every game bar early cup games and European dead rubbers, Konate, Quansah & Gomez have all covered at LCB and we have 2 LBs, one of which until recently was widely regarded as one of the best in the world and isn’t in the knackers yard at 29… + Gomez can cover there as well.

If we need a CB it’s one to consistently play on the right next to Virgil.

If Virgil doesn’t extend and leaves next summer - then that’s the time to sign a top quality LCB - not try and shoehorn one in now, surely.

Having a left footed CB is a bonus and not really requirement. I can only think of one decent left footed CB we've had the past 30 years or so and it's Agger.

Maybe I'm wrong.

I really don’t get this “we need a left sided CB stuff”.

Virgil will play pretty much every game bar early cup games and European dead rubbers, Konate, Quansah & Gomez have all covered at LCB and we have 2 LBs, one of which until recently was widely regarded as one of the best in the world and isn’t in the knackers yard at 29… + Gomez can cover there as well.

If we need a CB it’s one to consistently play on the right next to Virgil.

If Virgil doesn’t extend and leaves next summer - then that’s the time to sign a top quality LCB - not try and shoehorn one in now, surely.

I think the thinking is two fold. VVD will need replacing some day and that may be next summer unless things change. Additionally with Trent inverting and pushing into midfield then having a LB who can also step in and be a third CB makes us more secure.

If Slot wanted that option then I'd be fine with that being Gomez in the short term, but it sounds like he wants out. If he does then a versatile defender will be needed.

Problem is I think fsg will just jump at the thought of €4m ..once they entertain barca at all bajectic is obviously going to want to go to barca over a Austrian team... It should simply have been fuck off barca you bunch of horrible cunts

Tap in merchant has his here we go shoved up his arse.. saying FFP was the only reason he chose Salzburg..

Sure Fab... sure.

Barca would have struggled to register him and chances are he'd not get much footy there, particularly in the second half of the season when players would be back from injury.
At Salzburg he's got a better chance of playing a full season (injury permitting), in a system he's used to under Pep, they've just qualified for Champions League so he'll get some top level games, whilst playing at a lower standard domestically which will be less stressful for him physically as he comes back from a year out. Plus he's got a good chance of winning some trophies domestically, even if it is only the Austrian league.
And we'll get paid.
And he can scout Salzburg's up and coming prospects for us.
Job's a good 'un.

Barcelona do play their youth, and make good midfielders out of them, but there's no way we should let him near those mind washing creeps.

Barca are in a mess and cant close any transfers regardless. The loan to Salzburg, which is the best for him, looks on.

Watch us sign their DM now, Gourna-Douath.
Sounds like a character working in a mine in Lord of The Rings.

It makes me laugh that Big Nat is still here. Feels like he'd do well for most championship teams

Yeah, thats quite insane. Its probably his wages that is stopping any deal, 60k per week. Only 12 months left on his deal though so he'll be off next summer. I'd bet he goes out on loan.

Yeah, thats quite insane. Its probably his wages that is stopping any deal, 60k per week. Only 12 months left on his deal though so he'll be off next summer. I'd bet he goes out on loan.

I dunno… with Konate & Gomez as CB’s, I’d be hanging on to him if he’s happy enough with his backup role.

Agree. I don't remember the guy letting us down when he did play. In particular I don't recall him ever losing an out-and-out physical battle.

It makes me laugh that Big Nat is still here. Feels like he'd do well for most championship teams
Clearly he's fine with it. Gets a larger wage packet than he likely would elsewhere and there is still the chance he'll get to play in a few games. For lower level football players (no disrespect) that is going to be far more important to some/most than playing week in week out which won't pad their bank accounts for when football is in the past.

I never get it when posters say 'he (anyone) would be better off playing week in week out for a lower level team'.

Back
Top Bottom