• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

Linked with Simikan again. Probably the Gomez replacement if he leaves. But he's primarily an RCB or a RB. Little evidence of him playing on the left which really should be the priority

I kept hearing of us needing a CB who can play left back. How often have we seen such a player, who can competently operate in both position? I don't think we have ever had one. Even Gomez was just a backup leftback, after it was determined he wasn't that great at CB.

I kept hearing of us needing a CB who can play left back. How often have we seen such a player, who can competently operate in both position? I don't think we have ever had one. Even Gomez was just a backup leftback, after it was determined he wasn't that great at CB.

Yeah, it's a tough position to fill.

You're essentially asking for a bit of a unicorn. Basically a young Maldini. (Or Jimmy Troare).

Califiori was available, but he looks a bit slow and I don't think was the right option for this team at CB or LB (seems more of a back 3 type LCB). In the whole league, I think there are few options with this profile.

Martinez at United? VDV at Spurs? Ake at City?

The obvious one we probably missed out on was Gvardiol at City.

Doubt that we'll be signing another defender now. Maybe in January.
Or we might bank on Everton being relegated and then take Branthwaite off their hands.

I had a look at their (Stokes) forum last night and they seem to be very high on him
Funny, I did the same thing. Imagine already being so good their fans ask for him to be subbed mid game in order to be fresh for the weekend.

To show we're a serious club looking to win things, we need to sign a DM in this window (esp with Stef going on loan).

If we want to win everything, then we should be getting that 3rd choice CB too. (and keep Gomez).

Jorrel Hato from Ajax (25m) to be that CB/LB hybrid (you can even sell Kostas to give him more game time likelihood).

And 75m on Bruno G.

To show we're a serious club looking to win things, we need to sign a DM in this window (esp with Stef going on loan).

If we want to win everything, then we should be getting that 3rd choice CB too. (and keep Gomez).

Jorrel Hato from Ajax (25m) to be that CB/LB hybrid (you can even sell Kostas to give him more game time likelihood).

And 75m on Bruno G.

No chance anything happens after Chiesa.

At best it'll be Ben Mee on loan for the season.

No chance anything happens after Chiesa.

At best it'll be Ben Mee on loan for the season.

Lmao.

I was thinking we'd drag Chiesa out to deadline day. And get him over the line last second to make us all forget about other positions.

But the fact we're turning this around quickly (it seems) and we're loaning out Stef, makes me think there's going to be other business this week.

Lmao.

I was thinking we'd drag Chiesa out to deadline day. And get him over the line last second to make us all forget about other positions.

But the fact we're turning this around quickly (it seems) and we're loaning out Stef, makes me think there's going to be other business this week.
Tbf knowing the club, the announcement will probably come on Friday. They'll be putting their feet's up and seeing the meltdown unfold on twitter after teasing fans of a possible breakdown in the move being completed.

I think the plan would've been made pretty early on with Stef to send him out, & if we fall short we can always recall. Can't see the decision to allow him to leave play any significant change of mindset to get someone new in. Very much was a case of Zubimendi or bust I'm afraid.

I'd love to see that, easily one of the best midfielders in the league. But he's on long contract and Newcastle just made him captain so I don't think he's moving anywhere

Take inspiration from the great poet Chris Brown.

Offer them 85m and offer Bruno G a fat wage packet, and he'll be pushing for a move faster than you can say:

"These hoes aint loyal."

Tbf knowing the club, the announcement will probably come on Friday. They'll be putting their feet's up and seeing the meltdown unfold on twitter after teasing fans of a possible breakdown in the move being completed.

Yeah, I was thinking this could be the case too, which is why I said "it seems". These owners like to tease us. We'll all be so relieved it didn't breakdown that we'll forget we actually needed 2 other positions.

Let's see how early we announce this one.

Barca can get fucked.
Oooo this one is tough.

If Bernal is out for a while, Barca are a better (level) learning environment for Stef too (on the pitch; off it, they are a mess). He'll fully play that holding role.

However, it would be sticking 2 fingers up to our former employee Pep. And I like a good relationship with Salzburg, after the players they've produced in recent years.

Back
Top Bottom