• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

I got a bottle for a special occasion a couple of years ago.
I think it was from 2016
The guy in the off licence was encouraging me to let it mature.
He mentioned thirty years.
I am still hoping to drink it some day

Right - so the trick is to go for something a little less aggressive on the tannins like a Lange Barbaresco.

Barolo is a weird thing - it pours like Pinot Noir, all light looking, then you sip it and your mouth goes dry and the enamel melts off your teeth.

It’s not exactly made for quaffing.

Amarone… hmmmmmm

You’d be as well looking for big Barossa Shiraz if you’re into that style.

I’ve never had a decent Barolo. Tried a few around £12 felt ripped off. Got a £40 one. Felt ripped off. At both price points I knew I could get better elsewhere.

I’m into Ripasso at the moment.

I struggle with Barolo, if I’m honest - I know some great winemakers and people who actually know their stuff that wax lyrical about Barolo - but I’ve yet to get super excited.

The time I went there - didn’t really know enough about the style - it was a bit more of a learning experience.

Thing is, in Australia, we’ll grow the same varieties and in much of the same environments, using the same techniques depending on the style of wine the winemakers are creating - I’ve had some cracking Nebbiolo (Barolo), Montepulciano, Sangiovese, Nero d'avalo - it’s all bright, fruity, maybe not super complex, but delicious at the same time.

Going into a 50+ game season with just six midfielders is super risky. Need to sign a midfielder if both Morton and Bajcetic are leaving
2 senior players per position, we'll be fine, it's not like any of them are Ox, Naby or Thiago is it. We've not lost any midfielder from last season that played any significant minutes and the same would apply if both those guys were off.

Is it any riskier than going in the season with 4 CB's?

Right - so the trick is to go for something a little less aggressive on the tannins like a Lange Barbaresco.

Barolo is a weird thing - it pours like Pinot Noir, all light looking, then you sip it and your mouth goes dry and the enamel melts off your teeth.

Amarone… hmmmmmm

Great chianti, and I normally find them fitting your description

Amarone… hmmmmmm

Amarone is probably a bit much for me but I have had many a Barossa shiraz as well
I enjoy many styles.
I really liked a Tourica Franca in Portugal earlier in the year which I believe is the grape used in port.
Similar to Temprenillo but unusual to find a wine many solely from just tourica franca

McConnell looked a talent last year when he got a go, would be nice to keep one these lads on the bench.

Injury has denied another Liverpool youngster his expected summer transfer​

Liverpool youngster James McConnell was expected to leave the club on loan this month with at least five clubs interested, but injury has blocked a move.

Hull, Blackburn, Derby, Huddersfield and Birmingham were among McConnell’s suitors heading into the summer transfer window.

And having been left out of action with the first team and U21s at the start of the campaign proper, it was expected that the 19-year-old seal a loan before Friday’s deadline.

However, according to The Athletic‘s James Pearce, an ankle injury ensures McConnell will instead stay at Liverpool.

Having already missed the opportunity of pre-season at his prospective loan club as well as the first three games of the Championship season, a late arrival would have blighted the midfielder’s chances.

Instead, he is now likely to remain with the U21s until at least January, when his options will be reassessed and, all being well, a transfer should be agreed.

Amarone is probably a bit much for me but I have had many a Barossa shiraz as well
I enjoy many styles.
I really liked a Tourica Franca in Portugal earlier in the year which I believe is the grape used in port.
Similar to Temprenillo but unusual to find a wine many solely from just tourica franca
I’m in Portugal right now and will hunt this out.

2 senior players per position, we'll be fine, it's not like any of them are Ox, Naby or Thiago is it. We've not lost any midfielder from last season that played any significant minutes and the same would apply if both those guys were off.

Is it any riskier than going in the season with 4 CB's?

Jones is made of wafer so it’ll be 5 CMs across 3 positions.

Fines are often for stupid things like showering without flip flops and wearing wrong kit but i guess it can show a level of poor focus

The rumour was that he has had an issue with being notoriously late for training, meetings etc.

I enjoy many styles.

I have sone Australian Touriga National kicking about at home - they really make everything over here - even Greek varietals.

I’ve been coming across a few wineries making Mencia as well - which is a very interesting variety.

Back
Top Bottom