• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

Chiesa is a bizarre link, unless he's available for very cheap. Even then, difficult to imagine him ever being successful in England given his severe injury history
Yeah.

If it's the Euro 2021 Chiesa, it's a good signing.

But I thought this guy has had 2 big injuries since then and fallen off completely?

Why are Juve selling? Is he a problem in the dressing room? And if so, would he be happy to play 2nd fiddle to Mo?

He's an upgrade on Doak, that's for sure though.

The question one always asks in such cases is, why is he being let go?

Motta is reshaping the club, wants half the squad out for new players to be brought in and the Juve board seem to be obliging.

Played a lot under Allegri last season and did pretty well.

If Arne can rediscover some of his old form then we'd have just paid 15m for a player worth 60-70m.

Yeah.

If it's the Euro 2021 Chiesa, it's a good signing.

But I thought this guy has had 2 big injuries since then and fallen off completely?

Why are Juve selling? Is he a problem in the dressing room? And if so, would he be happy to play 2nd fiddle to Mo?

He's an upgrade on Doak, that's for sure though.
His injury record is not great but he is low risk option at €15-17m and at that price he provides cover. Conte does not want him, and when Conte does not like a player he is gone

You would think a club who has signed the combo of Matip, Keita, Aquilani and Thiago would be smart enough to run a mile from this.

Instead we've taken the role of a deeply traumatised 30 something women, who flutters her eyelids, disregards all red flags, already convinced we're the one to fix him.

His injury record is not great but he is low risk option at €15-17m and at that price he provides cover. Conte does not want him, and when Conte does not like a player he is gone

We don't need middle of the road low cost punts in attack. We have enough of those. What we need is a couple of robust elite level talents who will replace Salah. Chiesa will add more questions for us to ponder.

We don't need middle of the road low cost punts in attack. We have enough of those. What we need is a couple of robust elite level talents who will replace Salah. Chiesa will add more questions for us to ponder.
Whilst I agree and want Kudus. He's not for sale until next summer (clause next summer).

In the meatime, I'd rather have Chiesa as cover for Mo (at a cut price deal (10-15m), and who will probably have the same sell on value in a year), than Ben Doak coming in.

As long as Chiesa isn't a dickhead and going to cause trouble in the dressing room.

If we play him RW and allow Mo to rest during cup games then I’m not against that, especially if it’s a ‘middle of Lidl’ special at £15m

If we play him RW and allow Mo to rest during cup games then I’m not against that, especially if it’s a ‘middle of Lidl’ special at £15m
The big question is whether Chiesa is willing to "back up" Salah?

he's predominantly dead, that's what he usually is. Hasn't he done his ligaments in twice in two seasons? He makes Darren Anderton look like healthy player

Played 30+ games two seasons in a row after his big injury. He’ll miss some games with niggles and tweaks I reckon, but overall fitness is okay.

According to Paul Joyce aka PJ, under Donkey Hughes, Liverpool will be "opportunistic" when it come ls to transfers. God knows what that means?

You should have known already, but this Chiesa thing is exactly what opportunistic means.

Speculative low cost punts in the bargain bin.

Back
Top Bottom