• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

Always liked Eze, would be some signing. Wonder if it’s due to his flexibility and capable on all three positions, can give Salah a rest too. There are too many games this year especially with expanded CL.

Olise always seemed like a more natural fit for what this squad needed, but we were caught napping when the Bayern deal went through.

Eze is a star in the making, but given the fee he'd command, there needs to be a very clear plan to justify the signing. Our current record signing is a rotation striker sitting on the bench, and arguments like "there are plenty of games" don’t hold up when the fee reaches eye-watering levels, especially under FSG. There needs to be a clear strategy that everyone can see and understand.

Mane had the versatility to adapt and switch sides when Salah arrived, so it’s not impossible, but the player profile has to be spot on.

Why the fuck would we be looking at eze
"Look", "Monitor", "Consider" et al are all euphemisms...I walk past car show rooms, I look, consider and monitor each one of those cars and then catch a bus home.
We are buying no one and hopefully no one leaves either.

But there are plenty of games and we are certain positions such as RW in terms of depth. Our biggest issue was lack of options when it came down to stamina and injuries in business end of last year. 4 extra CL this year ( tbc ) is big difference to last year, and just because we have won 2 games doesn’t change that. We are fine with a game every week but it’s a whole new test when there are 2 games a week. We can’t rely on apparent magic of our new fitness guru, we are short on couple of key positions when the season gets going.
Not saying Eze is perfect fit but he has proven versatile. Honestly wasn’t sold on Olise, his record over a long season wasn’t conclusive with goals and assists despite his talent but Eze is the one for me, if he is considered the one then now is the time, no point hoarding money from our sales for the sake of it.

Fabian Ruiz has been made available from PSG. For the right fee thats a great fit at CDM for us. Left footed as well.
Still only 28 so got a couple of seasons in him at least.
What do you mean “still only 28” that means he mere months away from the dreaded “hasn’t got the legs” age of 29!!!

Well, it's better than being "aggressive" and "forceful".
As we have become assoiciated with all sorts of synonyms for monitoring players, I think we need another:

Liverpool have been perving on (insert player name)

Chiesa is a bizarre link, unless he's available for very cheap. Even then, difficult to imagine him ever being successful in England given his severe injury history

I thought he was predominantly LW
At Juve but previously RW

Played as... GP G A
Right Winger 93 33 14
Second Striker 62 14 9
Left Winger 61 11 13
Right Midfield 37 9 8
Centre-Forward 24 4 5
Left Midfield 11 4 3
Attacking Midfield 2 - -

Chiesa is a bizarre link, unless he's available for very cheap. Even then, difficult to imagine him ever being successful in England given his severe injury history
Apparently we could pick him up for 15m. Euros that is.

Back
Top Bottom