• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

Nothing is a disaster. It's just irritating. There never seems to be a commitment to do everything to win. FSG's focus has always been just to do enough to be competitive. You shouldn't be in sports ownership if your primary motivating factor isn't winning trophies.

Nonsense

Most clubs in world football aren't viably set to win trophies and probably never will, so for anyone to say "You shouldn't be in sports ownership if your primary motivating factor isn't winning trophies" is incorrect.

However when you single out clubs like Liverpool, a club with a history of winning....a club that's one of the biggest in the world in global support and commercial revenue, the narrative is very very different. Not once in 14 years have FSG ever gone over and above to push this club to the top, the reality is they got lucky hiring a few people that knew a thing or 2 about football and if it weren't for the sale of Coutinho, we'd still be without a Prem/CL under their ownership.

Trying to move Salah on for a similar fee was our ticket to repeating history, that's gone and now we're in a position where we're having to sell fringe/youth players to make up the balance of overspending last summer....because let's face it, when have Liverpool ever spend 90m net in 1 summer? Once.

Most clubs in world football aren't viably set to win trophies and probably never will, so for anyone to say "You shouldn't be in sports ownership if your primary motivating factor isn't winning trophies" is incorrect.

However when you single out clubs like Liverpool, a club with a history of winning....a club that's one of the biggest in the world in global support and commercial revenue, the narrative is very very different. Not once in 14 years have FSG ever gone over and above to push this club to the top, the reality is they got lucky hiring a few people that knew a thing or 2 about football and if it weren't for the sale of Coutinho, we'd still be without a Prem/CL under their ownership.

Trying to move Salah on for a similar fee was our ticket to repeating history, that's gone and now we're in a position where we're having to sell fringe/youth players to make up the balance of overspending last summer....because let's face it, when have Liverpool ever spend 90m net in 1 summer? Once.
Yes 90M net - but lets not forget the season before we bought a player on loan that did fuck all the entire season, remember Klopp saying "You were right, I was wrong". That is what happened we only bought Fabio that season, and that was after the gate receipts of nearly getting a quad. So them spending that 95M last year kind of makes up for spending fuck all in previous years. Also they knew they had to spend last summer - we lost 4/5 players last season by letting them all go so yeah they should be spending 95M as a minimum.

You lot are getting impatient, but I think Edwards is like Michael Corleone in Godfather 2: he will stay quiet, monitor and observe as rivals are gloating at his perceived weakness and then settle all the family business at once. Bookmark this post, because this will come to pass.
Everyone - can we all agree that the mysterious @rurikbird - is a mouthpiece for FSG if we end up signing no one ? it's a good post from him, but I cannot shake the feeling he is on their payroll.

not even sure it’s possible to absolutely guarantee it, so maybe diminishing returns beyond this point

NEW: Celta Vigo want to sign Bajcetic on loan. However, Liverpool demand Bajcetic to play in central midfield. They want to use the player in that position in the future. [
@Farodevigo

Good move for him and us if it goes through.

I would accept if we are borerline within the rules but we aren’t, we must be in negative spend by a long margin. My concern for the squad is more in Jan and next year when we look to roll off our world class stars. Last year, we ran out steam and no matter how we do now.
Plus Trent, VVD, Salah and possibly Ali all possibly leaving over next 12 months, would be good to transition at least one player now then having to possibly buy so many in one summer.

Since 2010 we are either 9th or 10th of all English clubs for net spend on players, maybe even lower actually.

City Chelsea Utd Arsenal Spurs Newcastle Villa West Ham are 100% above us and maybe even Everton, Brighton and Fulham now too.

Since 2010 we are either 9th or 10th of all English clubs for net spend on players, maybe even lower actually.

City Chelsea Utd Arsenal Spurs Newcastle Villa West Ham are 100% above us and maybe even Everton, Brighton and Fulham now too.

We are smack absolute bottom right now, and will cement our win with the free signing of Adrien Thibault Marie Rabiot

@_pauljoyce
: Liverpool confirm departure of Bobby Clark to RB Salzburg for package up to £10m. In addition, there is a 17.5 percent sell on and the club has secured a match rights agreement

I am actually quite excited to follow his career under Pep Ljinders. Really no better place to move imo

Yeah they're being ruthless. Deep down most of us know that the players he's getting rid of aren't really good enough.
We just hope they can improve and we attach a "maybe" to their potential. Like "maybe" they could become decent squad players.

Hughes is like:

aint-nobody-got-time-for-that-sweet-brown.gif
Would agree with this 100% had we not sold Fabio Carvalho

I have no complaints about the outgoings. The fees have been beyond expectations. A small part of me would have liked to see Carvalho given time under Slot, but the move worked out for all parties. The biggest gripe is the contract negotiations. Given we're so quiet, and believe rightly or wrongly, that there are very few available players that can improve us, then what's the hold up with the negotiations? Most fans can go through a slow/frustrating summer providing there's some long-term security in the squad. There was plenty in the in-tray waiting for Edwards and Hughes but even the most patient of fans will say that not enough has been achieved the summer to date.

Getting Trent signed up is the best move they can make in the short term. There are conversations to be had about VVD/Salah, (money/length/risk, etc), but there's simply nothing positive about lettering a world-class player leave for free for the best years of his career.

not even sure it’s possible to absolutely guarantee it, so maybe diminishing returns beyond this point
cf. City. It’s unreasonable to expect us to spend to compete with them on transfers. Or United or Chelsea.

For us to win we need to be lucky with injuries and City unlucky. And have a damn good manager.

And how many more trophies than us since 2010 has that higher net spend brought those teams?

cf. City. It’s unreasonable to expect us to spend to compete with them on transfers. Or United or Chelsea.

For us to win we need to be lucky with injuries and City unlucky. And have a damn good manager.
I am Slot Out, but I actually think he is going to be great for us. I am Slot Out until he makes us happy.

And how many more trophies that us since 2010 has that higher net spend brought those teams?

That's your first thought? To think along those lines? How about how many more trophies could we have won if our owners dug a little deeper in their pockets?

That's your first thought? To think along those lines? How about how many more trophies could we have won if our owners dug a little deeper in their pockets?
You tell him !!!! Always looking at others and not our issues and missing players, thats what Top Reds do.

If Bajcetic goes on loan as reported, and we will sell Tyler, the that means we are gonna sign a midfielder for sure. I think buying a defender has always been on the cards because of the Matip departure and also regardless of Gomez leaving. Thing is...will we get it done in time ?

Back
Top Bottom