• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

Slot and his staff are cleaning up and I'm all for it.
The good ones, like Bajcetic, Doak and Danns (before he got injured) are getting loan moves. Will be interesting to see what happens with Gordon, McConnell and Morton.
Did Gordon not get a move to Swansea?

If Gomez goes they're bringing someone in. Even by our standards that's overly risky and dumb.
😄😄😄😄😄😄

Just be prepared that no one comes in - oh yes we have past in that one - remember who we replaced Lovren with that summer ?.... No Fooking Wan

We also won’t send out Badger unless someone else comes in.
Won't happen. We don't need another stop gap.
We're not selling Gomez without replacing him.
If Gomez goes they're bringing someone in. Even by our standards that's overly risky and dumb.

Why are people discussing our plans on the premise that we are rational actors?

Have the last two months taught you nothing? We are run by psychopaths. Richard Hughes grand plan is to volunteer himself as the 6 in a few weeks time

“Nobody knows what we’re doing behind the scenes”, also, “we’re not doing this, no way we’re doing that unless we’re doing this first”

All that matters is we’re now only just over a week away from the window slamming shut and we’ve still not signed a single fucking soul. Hughes is a massive cunt.

This is getting to be a fucking joke (if true).... who are these clowns running the football club? This is an act self immolation! I was looking forward to this season with the kids being given a chance. No incomings, all bench options depleted and no contract renewals.
Fuck these clowns!!! @Hansern I thought you said this guy Hughes was a brilliant appointment... He has so far been the equivalent of, Jeremy Hunt running the NHS and Lizz Truss running the economy and BoJo the clown running the country

View: https://x.com/AnythingLFC_/status/1826352395405984040

In all this dealing we are doing with selling players and trying to get that goalkeeper in two years time, what is going to be the status of Wataru Endo ? - is Slot so averse to him that he has no intention of playing him at all ? - are we actually looking to sell him actively ?

It’s official. We’re the Chelsea of the North.
Not really - he is from our academy - not one of those collectors items from Europe to throw at a new coach and say "Do you think he's any good ?" - "No ?" - ok will flog him off.

Anyway - good luck to him.

It’s official. We’re the Chelsea of the North.
How are we "Chelsea of the North"? We cultivate youngsters and sell them before they have a chance to make an impact and we then allow our big buys to run down their contracts thus stop any chance of getting a fee. We have 8-9 days, the press would have got whiff of something if we were after anyone. But hay we are FFP and PSR Champions, no who is gonna claim that crown

In all this dealing we are doing with selling players and trying to get that goalkeeper in two years time, what is going to be the status of Wataru Endo ? - is Slot so averse to him that he has no intention of playing him at all ? - are we actually looking to sell him actively ?
If an offer came in for Endo, they'd sell him too

You lot are getting impatient, but I think Edwards is like Michael Corleone in Godfather 2: he will stay quiet, monitor and observe as rivals are gloating at his perceived weakness and then settle all the family business at once. Bookmark this post, because this will come to pass.

Yeah they're being ruthless. Deep down most of us know that the players he's getting rid of aren't really good enough.
We just hope they can improve and we attach a "maybe" to their potential. Like "maybe" they could become decent squad players.

Hughes is like:

aint-nobody-got-time-for-that-sweet-brown.gif

You lot are getting impatient, but I think Edwards is like Michael Corleone in Godfather 2: he will stay quiet, monitor and observe as rivals are gloating at his perceived weakness and then settle all the family business at once. Bookmark this post, because this will come to pass.

The "settle all the business at once" bit was supposed to happen when he unveiled Zubimendi to rapturous oohs and aaahs and fans apologising for doubting him.

Unfortunately it seems all did not go as planned.

Reactions: jan
Will you guys be happy if we lost Fabio, Clark, SVDB, bought no one and kept Gomez as the 4th choice CB? Because it is looking more and more like that will be the case.

Will you guys be happy if we lost Fabio, Clark, SVDB, bought no one and kept Gomez as the 4th choice CB? Because it is looking more and more like that will be the case.

Clark I'm slightly tentative on, just because he's so new to the pro game and you just never know how he might turn out. I'm fine with the other sales and impressed with the fees.

I'm more annoyed that we didn't even target new forwards for the right and centre positions than missing out on a MF and CB, which I'm not sure we need anyway.

I'm basically relaxed about the situation. Good squad, great first team, I think we'll spend when we find the right players.

Not ideal but certainly not a disaster.

We should take advantage of Barcas dire financial state and need for cash, and try to sign Victor Roque on the cheap.

I can't believe people saying these kids were not good enough. It was because of the kids we won silverware and the senior players did not see the onset of fatigue much earlier. Morton and Fabs were good enough cover for the MF and defence. If we get no one in, we will struggle with injuries come December, and we will get fleeced.

For now I am comfortable with a new coaching team coming in and making an assessment on who can fit into their style and who can't. I actually welcome a level of ruthlessness, but ideally not at the expense of squad cover when we need it

Clark I'm slightly tentative on, just because he's so new to the pro game and you just never know how he might turn out. I'm fine with the other sales and impressed with the fees.

I'm more annoyed that we didn't even target new forwards for the right and centre positions than missing out on a MF and CB, which I'm not sure we need anyway.

I'm basically relaxed about the situation. Good squad, great first team, I think we'll spend when we find the right players.

As soon as we get a few injuries, you'll row back on this.

I agree the squad was full. But to sell and not replace isn't the way imo.

We'll all be moaning when Phillips is playing in November to cover injuries.

I have no complaints about the outgoings. The fees have been beyond expectations. A small part of me would have liked to see Carvalho given time under Slot, but the move worked out for all parties. The biggest gripe is the contract negotiations. Given we're so quiet, and believe rightly or wrongly, that there are very few available players that can improve us, then what's the hold up with the negotiations? Most fans can go through a slow/frustrating summer providing there's some long-term security in the squad. There was plenty in the in-tray waiting for Edwards and Hughes but even the most patient of fans will say that not enough has been achieved the summer to date.

Getting Trent signed up is the best move they can make in the short term. There are conversations to be had about VVD/Salah, (money/length/risk, etc), but there's simply nothing positive about lettering a world-class player leave for free for the best years of his career.

Nothing is a disaster. It's just irritating. There never seems to be a commitment to do everything to win. FSG's focus has always been just to do enough to be competitive. You shouldn't be in sports ownership if your primary motivating factor isn't winning trophies.

Back
Top Bottom