• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

If Caqueret comes, I wonder if that means Macca is leaving next summer or even earlier. They are quite similar in terms of their body build, versatility and quality. Maybe Caqueret has more stamina than Macca; he would be an upgrade on Endo for sure.

Here’s a decent video from last year when he was linked with United - no highlights, but a good description of the player and his qualities:

View: https://youtu.be/pgjyCmQBT9s?si=51sx7tpAqU-iXPeW

Zubimendi seems to be the name doing the rounds on Twitter. In terms of what we are looking for its the perfect transfer.

Zubimendi seems to be the name doing the rounds on Twitter. In terms of what we are looking for its the perfect transfer.
If we've managed to convince him, it would be a huge coup. Just don't think we have the pull power; unless as you've alluded to, he really wants to follow in xabis path

So slot wants a playmaker type DM.
Endo leaving makes sense then.

If he’s looking to replace Endo i kinda get it but part of me wants to see us develop one of the youth - whether it’s Badger, Gravy, Jones or Morton.

If he’s looking to replace Endo i kinda get it but part of me wants to see us develop one of the youth - whether it’s Badger, Gravy, Jones or Morton.
at least three of them will.
I'll break it down in another thread

edit: can't be arsed starting another squad thread.

We just have too many midfielders as is.

Its a tough one this as we’re potentially selling a very good footballer but an exeptional person.

View: https://x.com/WataruSanFan/status/1820810149956833357

I am actually uncomfortable at the thought of selling him. I was watching a show yesterday and this Scottish guy pointed out that it's all very well that Slot wants a certain type of DM, but the reality is he has not managed a single fucking PL game, and there might be more than one occasion where having a DM like Endo will be more useful than a fancy ball playing semi-DM.

I am actually uncomfortable at the thought of selling him. I was watching a show yesterday and this Scottish guy pointed out that it's all very well that Slot wants a certain type of DM, but the reality is he has not managed a single fucking PL game, and there might be more than one occasion where having a DM like Endo will be more useful than a fancy ball playing semi-DM.
He's 31 years old. I'm glad we're getting something out of it.
We also need to keep developing Bajcetic.

We have a massive squad. We need to move people out before getting people in.

If our midfield roster is this, then I think we can focus on any other area on the pitch for at least a few years.

- New DM (Zucchini or whatever his name is)
- Macca
- Bajcetic
- Gravenberch
- Elliot
- Szobo
- Jones
- Morton

Mac Allister at 25 would be our oldest midfielder. That is a healthy roster, possibly 1 too many in there, however that's a better problem than having 1 too few.

If Caqueret comes, I wonder if that means Macca is leaving next summer or even earlier. They are quite similar in terms of their body build, versatility and quality. Maybe Caqueret has more stamina than Macca; he would be an upgrade on Endo for sure.

Here’s a decent video from last year when he was linked with United - no highlights, but a good description of the player and his qualities:

View: https://youtu.be/pgjyCmQBT9s?si=51sx7tpAqU-iXPeW

His highlights move me. He looks like he has the heart of a lion. Body of a fox though.

View: https://x.com/laplfc/status/1820846804512166234

Zubimendi seems to be the target according to Twitter. Maybe Ornstein has some sort of exclusive here as there arent anybody else specualting.
Lets hope we can get i done, if true.

We’re running a tight ship again under Edwards/Hughes

28? Doesn’t sound right
I know he is 28, but if he is cheaper it might work out better, because typically in a DM role you want some level of experience and many hours of game time for that person to be good in that position. So I could believe it in this case.

His highlights move me. He looks like he has the heart of a lion. Body of a fox though.

View: https://x.com/laplfc/status/1820846804512166234

I'm becoming less and less of a fan of this type of head to head comparison when the players are in 2, or even 3 as here, different leagues. Good for showing type and strengths / weaknesses but utterly useless in trying to determine the better player.

I know he is 28, but if he is cheaper it might work out better, because typically in a DM role you want some level of experience and many hours of game time for that person to be good in that position. So I could believe it in this case.

28… nope… he’ll be called too old in 12 months time and we’ll be calling for him to be sold.

Find the best DM under the age of 24 that we can sign - and sign him.

Maybe we’re swapping Trent for Tchouameni & enough cash for Frimpong.

Back
Top Bottom