• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

Are we just trying a Yoro / Caicedo style charm offensive to male him leave Spain? It never works.

Just kidnap his dad!!

think of it as having to pay the full release up front in one big lump sum rather than spread out over say the length of his contract. The obvious workaround may be to approach Sociedad and say how about £60m in installments rather than up front. Just means we can be creative with our kitty for other targets etc
Just a cash flow problem though, right? Not a PSR issue as we can still amortise over the length of the contact, regardless of how we pay it.

Did I get that right?

I get it, its just strange to me.
I'm also a bit miffed because this is we easily should have had if we sold players
but we wouldn't get the fees in full either unless we sold on that debt ala Coutinho

Would definitely want a buyback clause for Morton though. When Zubimendi wants to go back to Spain in 3-4 years, Morton could be the perfect successor by then.
Will Morton ever be a 50m player though? I highly doubt so.

If he does well where ever he goes I see his ceiling at possibly a midfielder for a top 10 club, maybe 25-30m or so, which we could afford if we wanted him back.

20m for him today is daylight robbery imo.

Very good. Only question for me is, can he handle the physicality of the Prem?

He's built like Ander Herrera

He can handle it no problem. He’s a very different type of player and build compared to Herrera.

He bossed Rice and co just a few weeks ago.

He can handle it no problem. He’s a very different type of player and build compared to Herrera.

I agree with what you have said, but I think we should make him grow a beard because he does look like a pussy regardless.

not sure, this where @Beamrider can help
Don't know about the precise details of the deals with the Saudis, whether it was all paid up front but it's possible as we might have been concerned about them honouring future instalments and they might not have been wise to the general practice to pay by instalments.
We did do a deal once where we sold a player to a club in the Emirates and I advised that we should get a bank guarantee for the future instalments as I'd heard on the grapevine (via a mate who'd been in business out there) that the buying club might not honour those debts, and sure enough we needed to use the guarantee a year later.
Other than Coutinho (where the approach to re-structure the debt came from Barca, because they needed more time to pay) we never factored any of our transfer debts - the costs of doing so would have been higher than just drawing down on our (ample) bank facility. We'd have only factored transfer debts if we'd been in a mess financially and FSG wouldn't have let that happen.
With a release clause, it can require the money to be paid in full up-front or it can require "an offer in excess of £Xm", which could be paid by instalments. There's no standard clause or wording.
Assuming it's a "pay in full" clause, if the club is open to selling the player, they'll probably negotiate a slightly higher fee with deferred payments, but if they don't want to sell (or perhaps they believe the release fee is a bargain) they'll dig in and insist on full payment up front, hoping the potential buyer will need to walk away. That said, I'd expect us to have the cash flow / bank debt capacity to pay in full if needed, without resorting to additional financing (remembering we supposedly had a big cash injection last year from Dynasty).

Different build? They're basically the same height. And both have Hendo shoulders.

@Modo - you are a horrible person for saying that to him. He was a good servant for us and well under-rated by many on here. Some even did not acknowledge his great performances against Arsenal and City - especially the way he forced KevD to be substituted, and outplayed Rodri.

Calm down, this actually means “Thank you very much” in Japanese. @Modo is just winding you up.

Different build? They're basically the same height. And both have Hendo shoulders.

Do you really think we would be going for him if our scouts, Edwards, Hughes and Slot didnt think he could cut in the PL?

And no, they’re not the same build or type of player at all.

Did you see the aerial duel stat btw? Herrera was a little cunt in his playing style comapred to this lad.

In an age where you can just highlight a word and select translate, an explanation isn't needed.
If I had done that then I would not have got what was really in your head.. which wqs thanks and then Fuck Off. The translation would have not picked up on the Fuck Off

Back
Top Bottom