• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

I watched that video.

Have decided not to become a professional footballer because of all the shite music going on while they make me run around and push, push, push things.

[BBC Sport/Nizaar Kinsella] Word inside the club is that they are being careful not to disrupt the fine-tuned group built by Klopp and the calibre of player needed is so high that there are only a few options in world football that would improve the squad.

Yeah that's bullshit

It's incredibly hard to find players who are better than what we have.*

*without spending big money, or by selling players who are, by the very fact we are selling them, below that level, one for one.

But seriously though, it is hard, and plenty of other clubs aren't hampered by reality in the same way we are.

It's incredibly hard to find players who are better than what we have.*

*without spending big money, or by selling players who are, by the very fact we are selling them, below that level, one for one.

But seriously though, it is hard, and plenty of other clubs aren't hampered by reality in the same way we are.
It's obvious that we're going to have to spend to replace a starter. If we're looking for bargains then yeah it's going to be extremely difficult.

But you can't convince me that we can't find a DM who's better than Endo.

Are all of our regular starters in the top 20 in the world in their respective position?*

*Trying to gauge the difficulty

[BBC Sport/Nizaar Kinsella] Word inside the club is that they are being careful not to disrupt the fine-tuned group built by Klopp and the calibre of player needed is so high that there are only a few options in world football that would improve the squad.

Yeah that's bullshit

When the stats nerds took over, the media was fed that they would not have purchased the players Klopp had or not authorized the contract extensions. Now all of a sudden, it is very difficult to improve upon the current group.

It's obvious that we're going to have to spend to replace a starter. If we're looking for bargains then yeah it's going to be extremely difficult.

But you can't convince me that we can't find a DM who's better than Endo.

Are all of our regular starters in the top 20 in the world in their respective position?*

*Trying to gauge the difficulty

We like to give the impression that we never panic, only do business on our terms, etc. But we also ended up with Ben Davis, Kabak, and Arthur Melo. Our transfer committee is very good at estimating the value of incoming players, but I wonder if they ever considered the cost of not doing business.

One more year without a proper DM, we will be wasting one more year of Salah, Allison, VVD, and the chance of one of the two big prizes, probably our last shot in a long time. Assuming Slott is up to it tactically.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=itFtP8ZisYk&t=636s

At 8:07 you see Diogo Jota suddenly appear!
How?!
He was playing last night! Did he teleport? Does he have an identical twin?
Maybe it's a multiverse thing?

No one from the coaching staff, none of the other players the tour. Just Diogo.

Did he take an earlier flight?
Maybe he's meeting up with Edwards because he's gone-zo!

MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_.jpg

That's Diogo's special power.

Arriving unannounced.

They probably realized he was there when he quietly tapped in the rebound from Darwin.

Yeah that's bullshit
I hope that's not real because it would be embarassing.

We are club that famously does not like to sell players, they can walk for free or sign another contract. Getting fees for them is only a last resort thing. The owners have said, they will not add investment for signings. We spent net £100m last summer.. so obviously there is very little money.
Fortunately, we have youth talent that are covering the gaps and hopefully they can keep us in the title hunt till the winter window.

It's not absurd. It's just what a few of us having been saying. We need to sell to replace. To upgrade in most areas we need to sell the person currently in the position to recruit the incomer eg Diaz for say £50m to get Gordon for £75m

... and suggesting we don't have a proper DM is an insult to Wataru. He is a proper DM and a bloody good one, just not Rodri standard but then who is?

It's not absurd. It's just what a few of us having been saying. We need to sell to replace. To upgrade in most areas we need to sell the person currently in the position to recruit the incomer eg Diaz for say £50m to get Gordon for £75m

... and suggesting we don't have a proper DM is an insult to Wataru. He is a proper OLD DM and a bloody good one until he gets tired....

I foresee a Morton vs Bacjetic forum split inbound

... and apparently Gravenberch may get thrown into the mix too (rather unlikely though)

Outlandish Momo claim. Badger will become our Rodri. Bookmark this comment.
I don’t think that it’s an outlandish claim…I think most believe he’s got enormous potential to be a very top level player.

In order to get there though, I think this season will be one of gradual reintroduction and a protective strategy re minutes, so it might look as if Slot prefers others at times.

For instance, I predict a riot when in early weeks it looks like Slot’s favouring Grav over Badger in the ‘young 6’ stakes.

I think it's fair comment that there just aren't that many players better than what we've got.

Adam Wharton looks like a quality DM, but he's more of a cultured type than a destroyer, and we've already got 2 really promising lads in the same mould in Morton and Bajcetic. Is Wharton that much better? He was in the Championship this time last year.

Badger could be great. I just don't see it as a rodri type. Gundogan maybe, but not rodri

When will the culling start? This week? Next week?

Feels like it should happen soon, our first league game is in 12 days.

I think we’ve got a fairly good idea of how Slot will set up his midfield.

Think of it like this, because it’s fluid and there’ll be inter-changing, but we’ll essentially have :

One player that primarily a 6 but can step up into an 8.
One player that’s primarily an 8 but can drop back alongside the 6 or push on to support the 10.
One player that’s a 10 but can drop back as an 8.

The double pivot isn’t flat, it’s staggered, so in posession the 3 can offer a sort of zig-zag to play through midfield.

We know how the defence will set up and we know what he wants from his side attacking players - the only real unknown is the central forward - because we won’t be utilising a double 10 often.

Style and structure are pretty set already I’d say.
So you are saying we will have something like a Gerrard, Lampard midfield?

We like to give the impression that we never panic, only do business on our terms, etc. But we also ended up with Ben Davis, Kabak, and Arthur Melo. Our transfer committee is very good at estimating the value of incoming players, but I wonder if they ever considered the cost of not doing business.

One more year without a proper DM, we will be wasting one more year of Salah, Allison, VVD, and the chance of one of the two big prizes, probably our last shot in a long time. Assuming Slott is up to it tactically.
This has cost us titles.

Miguel Delaney of The Independent has, at the very least, made clear that our decision-makers are considering landing a new holding midfielder this summer.

Who that looks like has changed since the start of the window. An ability to protect the backline is a given, though it seems that Liverpool will place more importance on a prospective signing’s ability to dictate the tempo of a game and their reliability in possession.

Back
Top Bottom