• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

If we had any sense we’d use this to seek an opportunity to strike some deal with RBS and their own talented youngsters which they’re well renown for bringing through.

I know I sound harsh but he's just a few month younger than Bajcetic and it's such a big difference in quality.
Clark is kinda in the same seat as someone like Harry Wilson. Decent player but not good enough to play for LFC.
You do sound harsh. A lot of our youngsters including Clark would have played a lot more minutes at other clubs. And we'd be talking about signing them for us.

He's 19. We've managed him carefully.

Only way I'd be happy with a sale was if it included a buy back clause.

You do sound harsh. A lot of our youngsters including Clark would have played a lot more minutes at other clubs. And we'd be talking about signing them for us.

He's 19. We've managed him carefully.

Only way I'd be happy with a sale was if it included a buy back clause.
But what does he do actually?
Is he a winger, AM or a CM?
It's just not clear to me. From what I've seen he seems pretty ordinary.

So he's worth twice what Newcastle paid for him a year and a half ago?

I understand your reasoning, but I still think it's too much. £80 mill should get us a world class player.

If rather throw that money on Georgian Lallana or Nico Williams both better than Gordon.

Like I said in another post Gordon wasn't even on anyone's radar until we got linked with him.

James Garner is a Scouser and a boyhood fan. Everton would let him go for £60 mill. Could be good to have a Milner type in the squad.
Nick Williams isn't coming near us - no chance, so that's a pipe dream.

Many on here were talking about Gordon's performances part season. With Klopp leaving nobody knew / knows what this Summer is /was going to look like.

So you'd pay £60m for Garner but £80m for Gordon is too much? I think that's too much on both counts.

Nick Williams isn't coming near us - no chance, so that's a pipe dream.

Many on here were talking about Gordon's performances part season. With Klopp leaving nobody knew / knows what this Summer is /was going to look like.

So you'd pay £60m for Garner but £80m for Gordon is too much? I think that's too much on both counts.
No I was just trying to make a point that Gordon being a Scouser shouldnt have anything to do with it. Hence while your at it sign Garner cause he's a Scouser and a fan.

Ability - £20m
Scouse - £10m
Fellow red - £10m
4 years younger than Diaz - £10m
English media hype - £10m
Prem tax - £10m

Danns has still not made the move to Plymouth yet…it seems Slot is potentially leaning towards keeping him at Anfield until Christmas at least to have a proper look at him.

I’d like to see Clark loaned and wait another year before making a call on him.

Carvalho has performed well, i wonder if Slot is thinking he works well as a wide forward in a possession based team. I’d personally be inclined to cash in but can’t argue that he’s done everything he can to impress with two very good and very different goals against Arsenal then Man Utd.

A PL loan for Morton would be perfect.

I think you’re going full “Modo on English players” - I think Clark’s a perfect Slot midfielder - comfortable on the ball, good technical skills, can play across the midfield - he’s another gem in the making - loan to RVS or top Championship side would make sense, but can also see why Slot would want to hang on to him.

I don’t get it - half the site complains that we don’t sign enough young talent and half the site also complains about not selling every youngster the minute they get close to breaking through.

A high proportion will be the same people holding both view, I’d say - don’t quite understand it.

I think you’re going full “Modo on English players” - I think Clark’s a perfect Slot midfielder - comfortable on the ball, good technical skills, can play across the midfield - he’s another gem in the making - loan to RVS or top Championship side would make sense, but can also see why Slot would want to hang on to him.

I don’t get it - half the sits complains that we don’t sign enough young talent and half the site also complains about not selling every youngster the minute they get close to breaking through.

A high proportion will be the same people holding both view, I’d say - don’t quite understand it.
I hope I'm wrong but I just haven't seen anything that makes me think he's special.
Compare him to someone like Nyoni or Bajcetic.
Clark can be a decent PL player in the future like his dad, but I haven't seen anything that makes me think he's good enough for LFC

Can't remember which game it was but he came on in the second half last season when we were playing shite and his energy lifted everyone on the pitch. I haven't seen enough of Clark but the little I have suggests he's going to be very good.

Can't remember which game it was but he came on in the second half last season when we were playing shite and his energy lifted everyone on the pitch. I haven't seen enough of Clark but the little I have suggests he's going to be very good.

Yes agreed i thought it was very progressive, high energy and confident on the ball. I don’t want to just chuck players like that out into the transfer market.

I'd give Clark a year out on loan and see how he is next pre season.
Carvalho can leave if we get an offer around 25 mill £.

tough one, if i’m bobby clarks dad i would absolutely love him to succeed at liverpool but im also looking at that squad wondering where he gets an opportunity

honestly i’m probably telling him to make the move if he’s my kid although carvalho was loaned there wasn’t he? didn’t sound great for him

tough one, if i’m bobby clarks dad i would absolutely love him to succeed at liverpool but im also looking at that squad wondering where he gets an opportunity

honestly i’m probably telling him to make the move if he’s my kid although carvalho was loaned there wasn’t he? didn’t sound great for him
Different Red Bull team. Its the Austrian team that wants to sign him.

Different Red Bull team. Its the Austrian team that wants to sign him.

thanks, i’m always going to struggle with those two

definitely recommending the move then, he’s following a manager who believes in him too

Let’s be honest… Mac is probably off to Real in a few seasons.

Develop him via loans, etc and keep - it means we’ll either be able to sell at a higher price, or we don’t need to worry about signing any midfielders for a decade.

Let’s be honest… Mac is probably off to Real in a few seasons.

Develop him via loans, etc and keep - it means we’ll either be able to sell at a higher price, or we don’t need to worry about signing any midfielders for a decade.

i would agree on macallister but i’m trying to say the players camp will have their own thoughts, they may not fancy a ton of loans when a decent move is on the table right now

He looks neat and tidy but physically lacking, like a worse version of Elliott. I tend to agree that it's hard to see him ever being a top class player, but what's the rush, exactly? He needs a loan and then we make a decision next year.

Back
Top Bottom