• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

I think alot of European clubs tend to structure a sale, with a buy back clause. I think that's a good way to give the player some sense of belonging to a certain project, and on the back of his mind, a route back to the big time if he does well.

Not to say I think 6m for Clark is enough but I wonder why no English clubs does more of such structures. Or maybe they have been happening but just not in LFC.

Now that you have mentioned it...

Indeed, his passes were always driven out of necessity (when he dribbles until he has nowhere to go) rather than a well thought-out pass.

I have never understood why bad habits are so hard to cut out for top players. What do the coaches even do in training?
Really? The pace of the game, natural instincts take over more often than not regardless of training. It takes a huge amount of perseverance to reverse deeply engrained habits.

I’ve always thought of Gordan as someone with only a few years at the top, if that. Not pushed on signing him.

Financially speaking we would be in a better position to move for Gordon next year. He'd have a year left on his deal, providing he does not re-sign, and there maybe increased interest in Diaz. For me those two deals are closely linked. We cannot keep bringing in attackers who favour the left side and I can envisage the club telling him to sit tight for a year. Now PSR has been navigated, Newcastle seem determined to keep him and from our side, I'd whince if we pay some of the fees thrown around. If Diaz is staying put then blowing I'd rather £75m-£80m invested elsewhere. He's every good but that had ameshe been a little too hot for me.

Yeah but they more than made up for it delivering when it matters(apart from kane), gordon doesn't. i don't see what gordon offers that gakpo couldn't do as good from that position.

Depends what you want from your wide attackers. There have been suggestions that Slot will want them to stay wider for more of the time than Klopp did, doing more of the crossing and other "provider" stuff that wingers used to do. I quite like Gakpo and still have hopes for him, but Gordon would do that wider, more constructive job much better than Gakpo would. There's room for both in the squad IMO.

Financially speaking we would be in a better position to move for Gordon next year. He'd have a year left on his deal, providing he does not re-sign, and there maybe increased interest in Diaz. For me those two deals are closely linked. We cannot keep bringing in attackers who favour the left side and I can envisage the club telling him to sit tight for a year. Now PSR has been navigated, Newcastle seem determined to keep him and from our side, I'd whince if we pay some of the fees thrown around. If Diaz is staying put then blowing I'd rather £75m-£80m invested elsewhere. He's every good but that had ameshe been a little too hot for me.
Day drinking mid post?

Really? The pace of the game, natural instincts take over more often than not regardless of training. It takes a huge amount of perseverance to reverse deeply engrained habits.
Not a clue. I always have the impression players with talents are more malleable to changes especially if the changes improve their game. Maybe not.

I dont think we’re moving for Gordon without knowing that Diaz is on his way out this summer.

Newcastle are gonna fleece us, aren't they?
Not so sure…he knows they dangled him in front of us (his dream club) equals a breakdown in relationship, he’ll likely turn down a contract offer with only two years to go, and they could do with strengthening their squad after the clusterfuck of injuries last season.

I reckon we’ll pay around 80m incl incentives.

Not so sure…he knows they dangled him in front of us (his dream club) equals a breakdown in relationship, he’ll likely turn down a contract offer with only two years to go, and they could do with strengthening their squad after the clusterfuck of injuries last season.

I reckon we’ll pay around 80m incl incentives.
£80 mill plus incentives is fleecing us imo.

It's not a shit squad no but it's being broken up year by year as players leave or get older, we're distancing ourselves away which isn't helped by the poor choices we've made since the quadruple chase....not signing players when it was needed, it will catch up to us. How else do you see us being able to match the likes of City and Madrid again? How else do you see us being able to call ourselves the best club in world football again?

You need owners who push boundaries every once in a while if the infrastructure in front of them isn't perfect like Klopp and the recruiting were between 2017-2020.

We're almost 2 months in since the window opened and the only player I've seen us strongly linked to is Gordon for 70-80m+ and I'm not sure what the plan is anymore if we're prepared to waste our entire budget on him & what's worst is you have fans out there hyping him up and banking on him taking over from Diaz as if he's gonna take us to the heights we were at all because they have their forced agendas against him and Gakpo and overlook the necessity of the team, I can tell you for free that won't happen.

That’s just a pile of nonsense.

We need some fresh blood, like a young CB, DM & forward - we’ve added VdB, Morton & Carvalho to last years squad at the loss of Thiago, Matip & Adrian.

We don’t have an aging squad, we’ve got some cracking youngsters coming through (Nyoni, Doak, Badger, Danns & Clark).

We’ve got a pile of young players on the fringe of being top talent - Quansah, Bradley, Gravy, CJ & Harvey.

We’ve got a pile of quality players in or about to hit their prime - Trent, JoGo, Konate, Mac A, Slobbers, Gakpo, Nunez, Diaz & Jota.

And we have some older players that are literally the best in the world their position - Allison, Virgil & Mo.

Add to that a move to a more controlled style - which pretty much everyone wanted - we’re in good shape.

I’ll tell you where we are - we don’t need to be be pressing the panic button an overpaying for fuckers we don’t need and we don’t need to be signing substandard shite for the sake of it.

Have a crack at listing the players that have gone elsewhere so far in this window that you’re disappointed in missing out on?

What’s important is not who we sign, but how the players we have pick up and react to the new manager and the way he wants us to play.

You’re always gurning about our scouts - we’ve brought in some great youngsters - maybe we should give them a go.

As long as we strengthen on the RW I think we have enough to go deep this season.

Where we are is upgrading positions in a 1 in 1 out basis. So far the only realistic upgrade I’ve seen is Gordon for Diaz

Newcastle are gonna fleece us, aren't they?

For a 23 year old HG player that can play on both wings, is a scouser and Liverpool fan and had 11 goals and 10 assist last season, thats probably what you pay with PL and English tax.
Couldnt really care if thats who we think can elevate our attack and rebuild it.
Thats worth the extra money.

After watching an interview with him its quite clear that he has the tools and work ethic to reach the top.

Guehi is quoted 70 mill.

I’m not gonna lose my shit if we don’t sign anyone. Likewise I won’t be upset if anyone is replaced. We’ve a hefty squad and a change is as good as a transfer or something. New style, better shape on the pitch and maybe players will stop being spastics.

Title is coming home.

For a 23 year old HG player that can play on both wings, is a scouser and Liverpool fan and had 11 goals and 10 assist last season, thats probably what you pay with PL and English tax.
Couldnt really care if thats who we think can elevate our attack and rebuild it.
Thats worth the extra money.

After watching an interview with him its quite clear that he has the tools and work ethic to reach the top.

Guehi is quoted 70 mill.
So he's worth twice what Newcastle paid for him a year and a half ago?

I understand your reasoning, but I still think it's too much. £80 mill should get us a world class player.

I'd rather throw that money on Georgian Lallana or Nico Williams, both better than Gordon.

Like I said in another post, Gordon wasn't even on anyone's radar until we got linked with him.

James Garner is a Scouser and a boyhood fan. Everton would let him go for £60 mill. Could be good to have a Milner type in the squad.

I do understand the logic of letting slot run the rule over existing players.... but equally he's hardly going to kick off if he was given a shiny new toy to play with. I get Stevies point that theres not really any signing that i'm hugely jealous of so far (maybe joao neves, but thats a big "maybe"). Feel like if we're linked to the same players over and over again, with no one else really being linked; it feels like they're our guys. Bakayoko, Ederson, Gordon seem to be the main 3, as CB links have been few and far between.

Just be nice to sign a player so they can bed in before the season starts

Back
Top Bottom