• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

Gordon is better than Diaz because he actually has an end product

Hopefully not another "Modo says English players are shit" comment 🙂
Lol, being English doesn't help his case 😉.
But honestly I just don't like his antics, he's cheating cunt.

Granted Gordon has more goals and assists than Diaz but the difference is marginal.

Does he have a higher ceiling than Diaz?
Can't say for sure.

Neither are on Sadio's level. Diaz has got the skills but not the awareness or the directness. Definitely not the single-minded sheer desire to create or score goals at the other end, which Sadio had.

Gordon doesn't have the skills at the level of Diaz but can do more in the final third when he has the ball.
As I already stated, yes Gordon's end-product is better. He's more of a forward than Diaz is, but Diaz all-round game is better.

There's a reason Barca are sniffing around Diaz and not Gordon.

This might be controversial, but I think we already have a version Gordon in Gakpo. Play him at LW.

My main issue is why haven't we signed a RW

As I already stated, yes Gordon's end-product is better. He's more of a forward than Diaz is, but Diaz all-round game is better.

This might be controversial, but I think we already have a version Gordon in Gakpo. Play him at LW.

Rio Bass Ray Ngumoha is why..

But in all seriousness, Diaz can play RW too.

Erm not anymore.

It’s Olmo they want now.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. If we’re gonna spend that kind of money for Gordon we might as well go all in for Olmo. And if anyone brings up his injury record again, are we all assuming the medical team in Barca and City are muppets or something ?

Even if he’s out 1/4 of games each season I’ll still buy him. He’s got that star quality.

Erm not anymore.

It’s Olmo they want now.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. If we’re gonna spend that kind of money for Gordon we might as well go all in for Olmo. And if anyone brings up his injury record again, are we all assuming the medical team in Barca and City are muppets or something ?
But Olmo isn't really a winger is he?

Spain played with Williams and Yamal on the wings.
Olmo is more of an AM and we've got plenty of those.

But Olmo isn't really a winger is he?

Spain played with Williams and Yamal on the wings.
Olmo is more of an AM and we've got plenty of those.
Really ? I thought he was a LW/LM.

Well I’m sure we can make room for him. Someone show Gravvy the door please.

Erm not anymore.

It’s Olmo they want now.

Even if he’s out 1/4 of games each season I’ll still buy him. He’s got that star quality.
I thought he looked really good in the Euros. However, I think at our club we have had enough of injury prone players, and also Slot wont make them run endlessly so that they break down. That said when you have a squad of first teamers, having players who have injuries 25 to 33 percent of times allows you to pick others without conflict and upsetting other players. You can say you nevet dropped so and so.

Meh.

Wharton, Lukeba, Gordon, Kudus.

Then I'm gagging.

The time to sign players like Wharton and Kudus was 6-12 months ago, now they would cost double, maybe treble, and what are you really paying over the odds for, because it isn't better quality. Flavour of the month? Hype? PL bias? Fuck that.

If our useless scouts could bring a player like Wharton into the club and we could see fast progression from a kid in the championship or wherever to a big talent we can be excited for then we wouldn't even need to mention signing someone like Wharton for inflated prices after 6 months in the Prem.

Lol, being English doesn't help his case 😉.
But honestly I just don't like his antics, he's cheating cunt.

Granted Gordon has more goals and assists than Diaz but the difference is marginal.

Does he have a higher ceiling than Diaz?
Can't say for sure.
It's a moot point because Diaz's hit his ceiling and it is not nearly good enough. I don't see how he has even improved since the first day he was here, and 3 seasons later today. That's water under the bridge anyway, what you see is what you get with him.

Gordon has come leaps and bounds since his Everton days. And if Edwards and co. think so as well, it is definitely a good move if we can move Diaz on.

I think it may finally be time ...

the-sky-is-falling-for-fb-advertisers-not.jpg

It's a moot point because Diaz's hit his ceiling and it is not nearly good enough. I don't see how he has even improved since the first day he was here, and 3 seasons later today. That's water under the bridge anyway, what you see is what you get with him.

Gordon has come leaps and bounds since his Everton days. And if Edwards and co. think so as well, it is definitely a good move if we can move Diaz on.

You’re probably right, but I still have a small bit of hope that Diaz can be better than what we saw last season - I think the injuries slowed him down and he needed time to find himself again and then the whole kidnapping saga happened.

More than anything, I’m disappointed by how his passing game has deteriorated - early in his LFC career I saw signs in him of a Di Maria like winger-playmaker, he could thread a difficult pass through and try audacious flicks, but lately he all but stopped trying to pass the ball and started relying on his dribbling in every situation. I don’t know if it’s too late to change his game, but if he could be forced to play short passing game again, he would be twice the player.

Yeah well we're taking a very expensive chance on Gordon too.

Erm not anymore.

It’s Olmo they want now.

It's Olmo they've got is what I read. Deal agreed.

Yeah, he speaks Spanish and wouldn't instantly air fry in the Spanish sunshine

Agree to an extent re. Gakpo but Gordon runs at pace at defenders forcing them to do something - we've missed that

RW - completely

I thought he got a game or two didn’t he ?

Plus it wasn’t his usual position.
Trent, arguably the best right back on the planet, didn't play a single minute in that position at the Euros, yet you're using the same selection criteria as a means to write off Gordon. I couldn't give two shits about signing him or not, but Gareth Southgates idiocy shouldn't ever be used as a justification of anything.

SUCH a punchable face and why I despised the Cnut even more at Everton. However, whilst the face is still punchable all day long, at Newcastle he has developed considerably and has knocked off a lot of the cnut-ish behaviours
You mean how he tried to fake a smack in the head to get trent sent off... The lad is and always will be a cunt...

The time to sign players like Wharton and Kudus was 6-12 months ago, now they would cost double, maybe treble, and what are you really paying over the odds for, because it isn't better quality. Flavour of the month? Hype? PL bias? Fuck that.

If our useless scouts could bring a player like Wharton into the club and we could see fast progression from a kid in the championship or wherever to a big talent we can be excited for then we wouldn't even need to mention signing someone like Wharton for inflated prices after 6 months in the Prem.
It's undeniable that Edward and his scouting team deserve significant credit for discovering Mohamed Salah and bringing him to prominence. Their ability to identify untapped talent in seemingly obvious places is a testament to their skill.

Given the immense impact Salah has had on Liverpool, there's undoubtedly pressure on Edward and his team to replicate that success. Finding a player of similar caliber is a daunting task, but it's one that could solidify their legacy.

It's undeniable that Edward and his scouting team deserve significant credit for discovering Mohamed Salah and bringing him to prominence. Their ability to identify untapped talent in seemingly obvious places is a testament to their skill.

Given the immense impact Salah has had on Liverpool, there's undoubtedly pressure on Edward and his team to replicate that success. Finding a player of similar caliber is a daunting task, but it's one that could solidify their legacy.
Salah was scoring one in two for back to back seasons in Italy. He subsequently exploded in England but your language suggests he was plucked from the playing fields in Egypt. He was already a established proven winger and goalscorer.

Back
Top Bottom