• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

Kudus is not really a front 3 player, is he? More like a #10 with extra bit of physicality or a super-attacking #8 – hard to see a natural fit for him, but you also adjust systems for quality players and he certainly is one.

He’s been more prolific from the right though.
44 games and 21 goals in his career from the right. 14 goals in 25 starts from the right for West Ham last season. Thats impressive.
No doubt that is something that the stat nerds have noticed.

Doubt this happens this summer, but one to keep an eye on I reckon.

8 goals in the premier league is not exactly impressive. I think he is more a Firmino replacement than a Salah replacement.

8 goals and 6 assists when playing mainly on the right or left wing is quite impressive when you see which team and style of play he was part of last season. Also his first season in the Premier league.

He's so much more prolific from the right. There is a player there, for sure.

8 goals and 6 assists when playing mainly on the right or left wing is quite impressive when you see which team and style of play he was part of last season. Also his first season in the Premier league.

He's so much more prolific from the right. There is a player there, for sure.
Bowen had 16 goals and 6 assists playing in the same style, same team.

It’s not impressive. I do like his style of play but he certainly isn’t pulling up trees output wise.

Bowen had 16 goals and 6 assists playing in the same style, same team.

It’s not impressive. I do like his style of play but he certainly isn’t pulling up trees output wise.

Bowen scored 8 goals in his first season for West Ham, same position and same age as Kudus.
Bowen scored 8 of his 16 goals this season playing as a forward.

Kudus is an excellent player. The price is high, but you could argue its essentially the same as the fee for Darwin. If he was coming in as well as a defender and a DM I'd be all for it (and if it allows us to sell one of the other attackers that hasn't yet made it for us)

Kudus would finally give us a genuine Mane replacement (in terms of versatility and playing style)

View: https://youtu.be/EfVAZTp7zZI?si=Orvuyac1pigBWgBA

Kudos is a player where I really wouldn't care about the fee. We do not need lots of players. We need a low number of top quality players and that costs.

Aside from the pace and strength, my favourite thing is he can finish superbly on either foot and be dangerous from all areas. He really could kick on and become top class. It's all there.

I like that he has a lot of flair, but he doesn't fuck about and he very frequently makes sure he gets a shot or a pass away.

Kudus would finally give us a genuine Mane replacement (in terms of versatility and playing style)

Interestingly, Kudus says his idol growing up was none other than Thiago Alcântara.

Managers play him on the wing because he's a fast and tricky dribbler, but he sees himself as more of a creator. He deserves to be played in the middle / false nine position.

i’ve seen very limited amounts of kudus. if he’s that good why/how is he a west ham player?

i’ve seen very limited amounts of kudus. if he’s that good why/how is he a west ham player?

Same reason Mane and Virg were Saints players at similar ages, Robbo was a Hull player at a similar age and so on. You're not going to have all the best players at the biggest 5-10 clubs in the world, plus it's all about progression and the opportunity that is presented to you at that time.

Lads only 23 and he's done pretty well for himself all things considered, only a few years ago he was playing in Danish football and now he's played for Ajax and West Ham, steady progression. His next club? Well, you don't have to be guru to figure where that could be.

Huijsen to Bournemouth for 18 mill + add ons. Thought we would be in on that to be fair.

just seems weird when everyone was raving about signing him ageeees before he went to west ham

fair enough stepping stone it is

Yep. & the club never listened to us fans despite many calls on SCM & twitter, wankers.

Had a very good world cup, think Shaqiri had just left so the timing was as right as it could've been but we did nothing.

I honestly think more pressure should be put by the players on CAF.
Clubs will be reluctant to sign African players because they'll be gone for two months, mid season every other year.

Ideally the tournament should be held every 4 years.

Matip got a reality check and told the Cameroonian FA to fuck off. I read somewhere that he grew disillusioned when he saw first hand how things were run. Terrible organisation and corruption basically.
I bet he regrets not playing for Germany. He would definitely make their squad.

Huijsen to Bournemouth for 18 mill + add ons. Thought we would be in on that to be fair.
it's less han that apparently

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240725_150457_com.theathletic.jpg
    Screenshot_20240725_150457_com.theathletic.jpg
    840.1 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom