• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Konate and Trent

bluebell

Well-Known
Any one worried how these two perform because we will playing from the back and both are prone to brain farts?
Konate not only worries me as he is always a tackle away from a 3m layoff, he will intentionally fowl players when they get pass him, and he does that shinanigans near the penalty box, it's a straight red

Well, it kinda works because Trent is more than fine in possession but is prone to positional fuck ups and has poor one and one defending. Konate has the physical attributes and abilities to cover for Trent. and Trent being good in the ball means there's less pressure on Konate to progress play.

It is worth noting that Konate is by no means poor. The standards of ball playing CBs has gone through the roof in YEARS, and there's still plenty of room for CBs like Konate in the game. Slot just needs to keep you fit for longer periods than the previous regime for him to develop and progress into the player he can be.

I'm not overly concerned by it, but there's certainly areas both can improve with their game.

Also don't forget the double pivot means more likely that not there'll always be additional cover.

Well, it kinda works because Trent is more than fine in possession but is prone to positional fuck ups and has poor one and one defending. Konate has the physical attributes and abilities to cover for Trent. and Trent being good in the ball means there's less pressure on Konate to progress play.

It is worth noting that Konate is by no means poor. The standards of ball playing CBs has gone through the roof in YEARS, and there's still plenty of room for CBs like Konate in the game. Slot just needs to keep you fit for longer periods than the previous regime for him to develop and progress into the player he can be.

I'm not overly concerned by it, but there's certainly areas both can improve with their game.
Konate playing long balls badly is a myth, I lost count of some of his amazing passes in the FA Cup away fixture at Arsenal.

Back
Top Bottom