• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Francesco Totti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=34952.msg913464#msg913464 date=1248782054]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=34952.msg913256#msg913256 date=1248770300]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=34952.msg913195#msg913195 date=1248748669]
[quote author=Dreambeliever link=topic=34952.msg913179#msg913179 date=1248743000]
Never lived up to the hype for me.

Granted I probably haven't watched enough of him
[/quote]

The end.
[/quote]You clearly havnt seen enough of him.
Im a Roma fan and have watched him since a lad. Hes an incredibly gifted footballer who i enjoy watching almost more than any other. His passing, control, skill, vision, creativity and finishing are as good as anyones in the world.
He along with the great Batistuta dragged a hugely inferior team to the title and for almost every other year (as evidenced by his yearly player of the year award) single handedly keeps Roma in european contention.
It would be the equivalent of Everton having kept Rooney and him keeping them in the top 4.

For those saying he hasnt really done it, did you know that on Monday night, he was honoured in Rome city centre as the top goalscorer in Italy today. With 178 goals, thats more than Vieri, Del piero, Trezeguet etc. He's now 9th on the all time scoring charts. NINTH! Not bad for a player who doesnt really do it eh?
[/quote]

No no no no no Oncy.

I love Totti. I was just cutting yer man's post to show that he doesn't rate him, but then admitted he hadn't seen enough of him. Anybody who's watched him more than once every 2 summers recognises his quality.
[/quote]I didnt mean you. Sorry.

Totti is one of those players, a bit like Ibrahimovic, that non Serie A fans always anticipate watching to see what all the fuss is about and end up disappointed.

If you're talking about Champions League ... then you have a point in saying people maybe disappointed in Totti.

Having said that, unlike Ibra - Totti's Roma have not had the same quality as the likes of Juventus and Inter ... which Ibrahimovic has had the good fortune of playing in, but still playing average in Europe.

I don't know how anyone could ever be left disappointed in seeing Totti play in Serie A - and this stretches through his entire career - especially when Milan, Juventus and Inter were the 3 strongest teams in Europe not so long ago - during which Totti has been voted the best player in the league FIVE times.

Theres some great Youtubia out there for whoever hasnt seen much of him or indeed those who have who doubt his talents.

Ive trawled through a few and pulled out a couple of the better ones (quality) but there are hundreds to go from.

PLEASE do yourself a favour as a football fan watch these clips.

This is 7.36 minutes of utter fucking brilliance. This is the reason he's my favourite non Liverpool football player in the modern era. He makes me make this noise 'oooohh' out loud continuously while im watching him play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHiv3JngHoU

A goals comp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akojf-YG2kA&feature=related

The goals at 1.27 and 2.48 are my favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom