• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

First game prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
For no other reason than stifling conversation, make your predictions for the first game of the season. As a reminder it is Ipswich away.

I’m going for a 4231 of something quite unexciting to start, featuring no new signings (even if there are any)

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Robertson

Endo
Macca

Salah
Szoboszlai
Gakpo

Nunez

I do hope that it doesn’t take long to get Bradley, Elliot, Jones, Quansah into the starting line up.

I started an "If I were manager" post but there are too many hard choices.

I want all of Bradley, Quansah and Elliot on the pitch. I don't want Trent benched.. so I think my thought process would be something like this split between harder/easier games.

Harder

Alisson

Bradley
Quansah
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Trent

Salah
Macca
Diaz / Gakpo

Jota / Nunez

Easier

Alisson

Bradley
Quansah
Virgil
Robbo

Trent
Macca

Salah
Elliot
Diaz / Gakpo

Jota / Nunez

Its tough, but let's see what Slot ends up going for. I wonder if he'd end up with Szobo or Elliot wide right.

Woah, Woah, Woah we've got LOADS of pre-season games yet. Build it up mate, not a few quick thrusts and your all done!

Woah, Woah, Woah we've got LOADS of pre-season games yet. Build it up mate, not a few quick thrusts and your all done!

Is this an esteemed forum mod trying to stifle debate in a forum?

I think it would be fun to come back and see if anyone nails the Starting XI

Slot confirmed and got slightly irritated at the suggestion he played 4-2-3-1 in Holland, so based on that alone, I'd go with a 4-3-3 formation. I expect few surprises, except perhaps giving the Copa America players some extra time to get up to speed in training or off the bench. Slot's dilemma is that Gakpo is the player most suited to the number 9 role in Holland, but he's also been shining recently as a left winger. That's a key decision for him to make.

I have a sneaky, optimistic feeling that Slot could have a really positive impact on Gakpo, similar to the way Klopp did with Firmino. There are some parallels in that the previous regime shuffled him around without a clear plan, despite him looking like a tidy player. Slot has the opportunity to correct that. The Dutch players might also get up to speed quicker if they played a similar style in their youth, but that might be a stretch. Anyway, it's an interesting aspect to keep an eye on this year.

For now, I'd stick Gakpo on the left, interchanging with Jota at the number 9 position. Elliott has been training longer than most, and I'd wager that Slot will like him and integrate him into the first eleven. Whether that's to the right or left of Endo is tougher to call. Both Elliott and Szoboszlai will prefer the right. The wildcard would be starting Bajcetic at 8 on the left side. A strong pre-season could open that up for him. The same could be said for Gravenberch, Jones, etc, so let's see. There's not much to go off at this stage, and we'll know more over the next month.

----------------------Alisson--
--Trent----Konate------VVD-------Robertson----
--------------------Endo-------------------------
--------Szobo---------------Elliott-------------
---Salah---------Jota------------Gakpo

I think it would be fun to come back and see if anyone nails the Starting XI
Oh go on then

--------------------Alisson
Bradders----Konate----JoeGo*-----Robertson
--------------------Endo-----------------
----------Elliott-------------Curtis
---Salah---------Jota-------------Diaz [Edit] Gakpo

*VdB?

Trent, VVD, Mac A & Diaz will not be fully back training and so no chance they start

Prediction is we go out, field 11 fuckers and smash these bloody cunts so bad they'll regret they were ever promoted.

Then we'll be sitting nicely top of the table after game week 1 and everyone will have their cocks out over how we're gonna win the league.

I don't see a world where Virgil doens't start Slot's first game as Captain. However good argument that Macca, Gakpo, Trent, Nunez might need time to learn Slot's methods.

Gravy to score, rip off his shirt and reveal another kit underneath with Brizzle on the back.

Gravy to score, rip off his shirt and reveal another kit underneath with Brizzle on the back.

LOL

I've lost track of our side bets, is the Gravy one void now? Think it was last season?

I'm open to the gravy train rolling in, but its a crowded squad for those positions. Even more so if Elliot is up the order and if Trent gets moved in.

LOL

I've lost track of our side bets, is the Gravy one void now? Think it was last season?

I'm open to the gravy train rolling in, but its a crowded squad for those positions. Even more so if Elliot is up the order and if Trent gets moved in.
It is void I think. We needed to win the league after him scoring I think.

It’s all on Perez now.

Jesus this is taking the trophy for the earliest match thread EVER. One way for Brizzle's Smutty Slappers (or whatever) to gain a march on Momo's Quaddies

Jesus this is taking the trophy for the earliest match thread EVER. One way for Brizzle's Smutty Slappers (or whatever) to gain a march on Momo's Quaddies
More like blow their load early and be filled with self loathing.

I would honestly start with the kids and then slowly add the senior players... I would have though Diaz and Nunez would be back the same time as Trent.
I honestly think we will have a good season, might start slow but will really pick up around November

I would honestly start with the kids and then slowly add the senior players... I would have though Diaz and Nunez would be back the same time as Trent.
I honestly think we will have a good season, might start slow but will really pick up around November
That's what we like to hear! Drop points early on that we can spend the rest of the fighting to recover. Bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom