• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

International break - Oct

Van Dijk was booked in the 76th minute and then again 11 minutes from time as the 33-year-old received his first red card for the Netherlands. After the 1-1 Nations League draw with Hungary on Friday night, many Liverpool fans took to social media to revel in the "absolutely brilliant" news that the centre-back is suspended for the Dutch's next game away to Germany. That means he is likely to be fresher for the Reds' next Premier League match.

van-dijk-losing-head.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/2lYoC0OhzWM

A captain prone to losing it. Perhaps gives an insight into reasons behind contract problems.

S l o w e r . t o o . The FSG measures things like that. Bursts of speed and such capacity and how it changes in players including as they get older. Experience can go a long way especially for a central defender as that role can also be done via great positioning, reading plays, etc. But not all central defenders rely and specialize in things like positioning and reading plays. Jamie Carragher, for example, was known for not being fast but he read things very well and had great positioning. Other central defenders are different. But that also depends on how teams set up, whether they hold high lines, etc.

And experience does NOT matter much when one is prone to this sort of stuff which is creeping up on him.

ps One should note here that refereeing standards are different in England and internationally. Greater physical play is allowed in England so that central defenders like VVD can get away with more things and so that central defenders like VVD learn and specialize in getting away with those things. And those are skills too and those skills also matter and can be hard to replace. So that I am not implying here that he should not be signed for another year or two as I have explained in a previous post. What I stated here on this website, which is colloquially known as The Minutes in some quarters, is that he is slower and prone to losing it.

Mo Salah could be out the next game for Egypt against Mauritania. Hossam Hassan the head coach of national team confirmed that he will let him go back to Liverpool if Salah asked, because of the poor condition of the pitch in Mauritania.

van-dijk-losing-head.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/2lYoC0OhzWM

A captain prone to losing it. Perhaps gives an insight into reasons behind contract problems.

S l o w e r . t o o . The FSG measures things like that. Bursts of speed and such capacity and how it changes in players including as they get older. Experience can go a long way especially for a central defender as that role can also be done via great positioning, reading plays, etc. But not all central defenders rely and specialize in things like positioning and reading plays. Jamie Carragher, for example, was known for not being fast but he read things very well and had great positioning. Other central defenders are different. But that also depends on how teams set up, whether they hold high lines, etc.

And experience does NOT matter much when one is prone to this sort of stuff which is creeping up on him.

ps One should note here that refereeing standards are different in England and internationally. Greater physical play is allowed in England so that central defenders like VVD can get away with more things and so that central defenders like VVD learn and specialize in getting away with those things. And those are skills too and those skills also matter and can be hard to replace. So that I am not implying here that he should not be signed for another year or two as I have explained in a previous post. What I stated here on this website, which is colloquially known as The Minutes in some quarters, is that he is slower and prone to losing it.

Fuck off. Prone to losing it my arse. WTF are you smoking.

Mo Salah could be out the next game for Egypt against Mauritania. Hossam Hassan the head coach of national team confirmed that he will let him go back to Liverpool if Salah asked, because of the poor condition of the pitch in Mauritania.
He won’t. Mo will play. Probably come back dead too.

I know never likely but England should have gone out for Klopp. Only way I would ever be interested in internationals outside of a big tournament again.

Croatia are hilariously bad.

Doak can take credit for that, beats his man coming in…his weak footed cross in the box should’ve been dealt with relatively easily but the defender makes a hash of it and Christie pays his pay.

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages

pace
/peɪs/

1. a single step taken when walking or running.
2. speed in walking, running, or moving.

"Pace" is a very complicated matter to measure* in a sport like football. One thing is speed and the other thing is explosiveness and the still other thing is what happens to those things as one gets tired. For an example, when an older player gets tired his explosiveness takes a big dip and then balls he thought he could get he doesn't. So a foul happens. And football is not a 100 meter sprint. It is one of the most physically exerting and long lasting sports out there. Football includes a whole great multitude of movements. And all of those things get affected differently, and then differently for different individuals, as they age. And the explosiveness associated with different movements also gets affected like that; differently, and then differently for different individuals. That's why that thing called

r o t a t i o n **

is very important at the very top level of football.

ps Notice above how the basic definition of the word pace is very, very poor in the ordinary and basic Google Dictionary which I use for these matters. It is very poor, at least when it comes to the sport of football. But the word pace must be used in the sport of football because there are no other words to use.

* ascertain the size, amount, or degree of (something) by using an instrument or device marked in standard units.
"the amount of water collected is measured in pints"
(One big component of the growing FSG's football expertise).

** And the need for rotation should surely affect how much players get paid. Right? As well as the length of the contracts they are signed onto. Right? So one can see how Liverpool's American owners are very, very shrewd. They don't want to dish out money to an aging player just like that. Even no matter what the uninformed and uneducated masses of Liverpool supporters might think about that.

Jota on the bench. Good.
No wonder. lol. He's not making it into the Spanish national team. WTF? Jota is a very, very peripheral figure when it comes to Spanish football. In Spain. He is a very peripheral figure in Spain. They play 19- and 20-year old kids instead of him. tz tz tz tz
In my opinion.
For example, that kid with the name of Fernando Torres was NOT a peripheral figure when it came to Spanish football. He was the real deal. (El Niño ('The Kid') was his Spanish nickname).
In my opinion.

ps Cheers re heads up about that game just starting. Spain - Denmark. In Spain. I might check out the proceedings for a bit.
pps Any game-streaming threads in this forum?

spain.jpg

I'm here. Spain - Denmark. Anyone watching?

That was a very soft-looing free kick that was given. Introduction of the VAR system favours technique and technical players because every contact can be seen and assessed. VAR is a dream for players like Maradona (who were generally abused by untechnical defenders).
In my opinion.

ps Spain thoroughly dominating thus far. There was talk about Rodri missing. Why, how long, and the impact.
pps LOL. Norway just tried to play it from the back. They failed miserably.

Liverpool players called up for October internationals:

Senior players: Kelleher, Van Dijk, Konate, Quansah, Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Bradley, Tsimikas, Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Gravenberch, Endo, Morton, Salah, Diaz, Jota, Gakpo, Nunez

Doak picked for Scotland.

Btw there's an unusual amount of Scottish players playing in Italy for some reason
Great thread idea !!!! Always good to see who's who at the national-team level. How they're doing and what they're all about. That is CRITICAL for understanding the transfer market. International play and performance is very, very critical to how players are priced. And there is a whole lot of overpricing going on. And wherever there is overpricing there is underpricing, and in proportional measure. Hence Moneyball. Overpricing is easy to notice. It is in your face. Underpricing is hard to notice. It is hidden. And sometimes the price is also right or right about.

The FSG, needless to say, are that. And they are very shrewd. But this stuff is very complicated. And this stuff is very different in Europe and in European football than it is in any American sport. Though there are also very significant similarities. But in Europe there are all kinds of measures that must also be taken into account that one would not have to think so much about in a game of baseball. For one example, there is great xenophobia and covert and overt racism in many countries. It is hard for a Uruguayan or Hungarian player to make it in England. Such individuals tend to be all on their own and absent any support from their surroundings. English and local players, in contrast, are promoted, pushed, cushioned and supported at any and every opportunity. Reporters everywhere are always domestic and they have their domestic agendas and prefer their domestic issues and players. Domestic and local. All clubs are heavily local at all levels. There is a great underlying reservoir of disgruntlement with the fact that football is becoming international, that there are more international players, that there are more international owners. Actual disgruntlement that can erupt. Local players and their agents use and exploit that stuff to promote their interests. Domestic and local journos and the like often hold very strong opinions and biases about that. All of that stuff must be taken into account and efforts taken by the club to address such things and protect investments made into individual players. To give them an opportunity to succeed.

Ooh Salah and Virg both heading home at the same time….

Early….

TO SIGN NEW DEALS!!!!!!

It’s sooooooo obvious. Press conference any second

Kylian Mbappé has informed French NT that he ONLY wants to play the most important games with them.His top priority is winning Ballon d'Or 2025, which is why he wants to avoid all injury risk.
@Santi_J_FM

Absolute cunt. What a team captain

Nice. I read a comment where he says he’s staying with the Netherlands squad for moral or some shite. Good to see him come to his senses.

MacAllister is now fit for Argentina's match against Bolivia on Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom