• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

International break - Oct

Did I read it correctly, the record is like 34 goals.

Seems really low.

Just looked up Northern Ireland's for reference, David Healy with 36.

Maybe just forget how low these numbers can be.

Yeah, 34 and the record was set 90 years ago

So what happened with England, can someone describe the game for those who didn't watch? Carsley played all of the exciting attackers people wanted to see, but they still lost...
I just caught glimpses of the second half.
Basically the issue is that this manager just wants to cram every name into starting XI like the previous ones.
England started with Palmer, Saka, Bellingham, Gordon and Foden.
Obviously they couldn't play together. It looked awful.

I just caught glimpses of the second half.
Basically the issue is that this manager just wants to cram every name into starting XI like the previous ones.
England started with Palmer, Saka, Bellingham, Gordon and Foden.
Obviously they couldn't play together. It looked awful.
Glad didn’t watch it, sounds a mess.
Gordon and Foden shouldn’t be starting.
I bet Bellingham kept bombing like the annoying no 10 he thinks he is now. No interest in dropping back.

All of the attacking players were shite, especially Foden and Gordon (who is looking more and more like a dodged bullet to me).
The defenders were also shite (3 offside goals conceded as well).
The goalkeeper had tiny arms.
Midfield was meh.
Greece deserved it, but they didn’t have to do much.

All of the attacking players were shite, especially Foden and Gordon (who is looking more and more like a dodged bullet to me).
The defenders were also shite (3 offside goals conceded as well).
The goalkeeper had tiny arms.
Midfield was meh.
Greece deserved it, but they didn’t have to do much.

Who was the “midfield” besides Rice?

For starters, Caoimhin Kelleher, Kostas Tsimikas, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Curtis Jones all see their respective country play their final game this break on Sunday evening.

This would mean they are free to return to Merseyside on Monday, six days before the next Premier League fixture – very early by normal standards.

They will then be swiftly followed by the contingent of Ibrahima Konate, Dominik Szoboszlai, Virgil van Dijk, Cody Gakpo and Ryan Gravenberch, all of whom will sign off on Monday evening.
This would enable the quintet to report back on Tuesday. It would not be surprising to see the club hand them a day off, but they are at least free of any injury concerns as Slot plans ahead.

That group of nine will regroup with those who were left out of their international team, including Vitezslav Jaros, Joe Gomez and the injured trio of Alisson, Harvey Elliott and Federico Chiesa.

It makes for a welcome boost for Slot and his coaches as he plots out the next run of seven games in 21 days.

The abovementioned Reds will all have a head start on the remaining senior players to return to the AXA, which includes Jarell Quansah, Andy Robertson, Conor Bradley, Wataru Endo, Alexis Mac Allister, Mohamed Salah, Luis Diaz, Darwin Nunez and Diogo Jota.

They are all involved until Tuesday evening, with long journeys back to Liverpool for the South American trio, meaning they are unlikely to return to full training until Thursday.

Mo just scored for Egypt in their AFCON qualification game. Marmoush played at #9 in this game, but he certainly looks more like a Jota type versatile forward than a born-and-bread #9: likes to drift and drag defenders with him to open spaces for Salah and others.

Hungary Netherlands free to stream live on youtube via Viaplay channel, wasn’t gonna bother with any of this crap but when it’s Liverpool v Liverpool…

Ooooh, Sallai off the post. Nice corner routine by Szobo.

1-0 Hungary, nice goal. Reijnders robbed of the ball on the halfway line. Great cross by Nagy and great finish by Sallai. Doubled up and outnumbered poor Van de Ven at the far post.

Netherlands had an indirect free kick in the Hungarian's penalty box after the defender played it to himself from a goal kick and managed to fuck it up.

Reijnders and Zirkzee are complete trash, Grav played a lovely through ball for him and instead of shooting first or even 2nd time, takes about 50 touches and almost overruns it out of play. The goal was gaping.

How the fuck has Brobbey missed THAT?!?!?! On a plate from Gakpro. His crosses when he shifts it half a yard on that right foot is glorious.

Ot oh, Virg sent off. First yellow for arguing with the ref, 2nd yellow for a mistimed lunge (on his feet) while the player was on the break. Can't have any complaints I'm afraid.

Dutch level, what a cross by Gakpo....bullet header by Dumfries too (who won the free kick in the first place), although keeper should be doing better.

Back
Top Bottom