• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EURO 2024 Games

The only weakness with Spain is that Yamal and Williams get tired after 60 minutes and they don’t have adequate replacements. England will be played off the park in the first hour, no doubt, but if it’s still close by the time substitutions are starting to happen, they will have a chance to turn it around.
One solution would be to bring them two on in the second half...

Thought Gakpo had a good second half
I was shocked at his performance in 1st half but 2nd half he got more involved. Thats his problem though, he really can turn a little pussy, honestly how a big guy like him can go so timid is beyond reason

Reactions: jan
Gakpo was brutal. Top players are more consistent.
Top players like Foden and Kane you mean who've stunk the whole tournament out? Foden has a good 45mins, well that's alright then you're excused for the previous 4 games you've ghosted.

They're "consistent" when they wanna be.

I was shocked at his performance in 1st half but 2nd half he got more involved. Thats his problem though, he really can turn a little pussy, honestly how a big guy like him can go so timid is beyond reason
He’s a fucking fanny.

Spain undoubtedly the best team in this (poor) championship.
So, England will bore them off the park on Sunday and win it.
That was a poor (really shit) Dutch team tonight.
This is a poor quality championship. But ... a win is a win.
If England had have turned the screw tonight, that was a 4-1 game. But Southgate won't change.
Next week - same team, boring game, tight chances, late subs, probable extra time, someone grabbing one - my £1 is on England.

I don't see the big wank fest over Spain, England will enjoy playing against them as they will come to play from the off. England will prefer to play Spain than France. They have a 16yr old up front and a 38yr old at the back. Spain are the best team in the tournament but I don't see anything to fear, should be a good match up.

The only way England can more or less match Spain in the first 60 minutes is to play Watkins instead of Kane up front and maybe add another hard-working midfielder like Gallagher instead of one of the #10’s. You just know Spain will push Saka and Trippier back, dominate possession and leave Kane utterly isolated - and because England will not have a lny threat in behind whatsoever, they will be able to leave all kinds of space behind their defensive line and dominate the midfield even more.

If Southgate had balls, he would make 2-3 changes for the final to play on the counter with speed - and then if needed, the likes of Kane could come on for the final 20 or extra time. But we all know that’s never going to happen - it will be the same team, same tactics and this time a step too far.

The only way England can more or less match Spain in the first 60 minutes is to play Watkins instead of Kane up front and maybe add another hard-working midfielder like Gallagher instead of one of the #10’s. You just know Spain will push Saka and Trippier back, dominate possession and leave Kane utterly isolated - and because England will not have a lny threat in behind whatsoever, they will be able to leave all kinds of space behind their defensive line and dominate the midfield even more.

If Southgate had balls, he would make 2-3 changes for the final to play on the counter with speed - and then if needed, the likes of Kane could come on for the final 20 or extra time. But we all know that’s never going to happen - it will be the same team, same tactics and this time a step too far.
Trippier won't play on Sunday. That's him hooked.

Scotland beat Spain last year on their qualifying to get here, just saying 🙂
I agree with issues with Kane but would be hard to drop a striker who has scored 3 goals so far still, starting with him but then replacing with Toney or Watkins is probably the correct approach. Spain's midfield is fabulous especially with Rodri being the best CM in World football but Ruiz is gettable and at times wasteful. Defense and their keeper is very similar to Engand but England have the more pace at the back. Shoud be a good game.

I think there is a lot if merit in thinking England can do Spain, but key to it will be to ensure Rodri is stopped from dominating midfield. I also agree with the sentiment that they will be easier for England than France who for all the hype, play with very defence first midfield, and would be very hard for England to break down.

I thought the Dutch were terrible at getting my him on the ball. It seemed time and time again he was open to receive it and they’d turn back and go the other way.

Fair fucks to England. Better than the Orange Wave overall.

You'd fancy Spain, but who knows with these jammy fuckers.
Spain weren't all that against a very poor France side. After a good start.

England in the first half were excellent and battered The Netherlands. Should have been ahead at HT. Second half was 50-50.

It could be a close game even though I forecast Spain after the group stages.

Let's be honest. Whoever lost would be pointing their finger at the ref.

He shouldn't be at the championship, regardless of how good he is or not is.

Yeah, but the Dutch lost. With a soft pen and on the wrong end of 11-6 in fouls. Some of them really poor decisions. Not to mention 2 minutes added after 7 subs.

Don't get the penalty.

If this is indeed the threshold for pens to be given, all the players might as well do a 360 ballerina spin with their leg dangling out after the shot has gone to see who it hits, then drop dead to the ground and ask for a pen.

Yeah, but the Dutch lost. With a soft pen and on the wrong end of 11-6 in fouls. Some of them really poor decisions. Not to mention 2 minutes added after 7 subs.
1 sub first half
2 subs at half time
2 subs in second half before the goal(both England)

2 minutes added on
4 subs after the goal.

Game restarted 93.00

Game ended 95.00

He played the two minutes. But it was really 2 subs mate. You can't add on more time if the game hasn't restarted.

Fwiw.. it should have been more than 2, but not due to the subs situation.

Pen should have never been given. There was a handball on Saka moments before Kane's attempt at goal.

Pen should have never been given. There was a handball on Saka moments before Kane's attempt at goal.
I think we learnt a lot about Gakpo in this game. He really needs to man up. You also seem a bit pissed at this result ? Whats the issue ?

I think we learnt a lot about Gakpo in this game. He really needs to man up. You also seem a bit pissed at this result ? Whats the issue ?
Just fantasy stuff. I actually don't mind England being in the final.

Spain’s gonna tear England a new one aren’t they ?

Just look at their front three and then you’ve got 2 of the world’s best MF on form too.

Southgate’s gonna get schooled.

Back
Top Bottom