• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EURO 2024 Games

so nobody else wants england to win? i work with a ton of spaniards are they’re a horrible bunch of cocky cunts especially the madrid supporting ones.

fully supporting england on the quiet

Spain’s gonna tear England a new one aren’t they ?

Just look at their front three and then you’ve got 2 of the world’s best MF on form too.

Southgate’s gonna get schooled.
Watched some Combined XI pick and I'm surprised I agreed with most.

Keeper : got to go with Southgate over a new Brighton keeper.

FBs : Cucurella and Walker over a 38 yr old.

CBs : Laporte & Stones (but Guehi and Konsa have been excellent).

Midfield : Rodri, Riuz & Bellingham

Attack : in the absence of Pedri all are close but - Kane over Morata, Saka over Yamal purely on consistency and effectiveness rather than flashes of brilliance. Williams over Foden ONLY because Foden isn't a LW.

So 6 English and 5 Spanish. Considering this will be the first team England have faced that will attack us - and the extra space at the back that entails - should suit England more than a defensive team playing on the break, I can see a high scoring game.

I should also add I think England have more strength in depth which may matter, as well as superb penalty takers down to 7 or 8 players.

3-2 to England after ET.

It doesn’t matter how many good players England has if they cannot touch a ball. Spain’s midfield will dominate.

southgate will have something up his sleeve to counter it

mi6 slipping rodri some dodgy paella

It doesn’t matter how many good players England has if they cannot touch a ball. Spain’s midfield will dominate.
Luckily it's 11 vs 11 then and not 3 vs 3!

Don't underestimate Rice, Mainoo and Bellingham. That's also a very strong midfield three. The only way the Dutch could stop them was by throwing extra bodies in there to constrict the space. And we saw how good they were when - for the first time in the tournament - they were given space.

First time in a while, England look capsble of coming back from behind and with better quality on the bench, hopeful England can do something tonight.

For many people .. international football in these competitions is the only way they will have free full football games on their local TV channels. I fell in love with football after seeing Brazil 82...prior to that I had no interest in football.

Tell the truth - it’s wasn’t Brazil… it was big Gerry cracking one past Arconada wot did it for you… not watching Falcao, Socrates, Zico, Eder et al absolutely shitting the bed when Paulo Rossi found his goalscoring boots.

Should have been a France Brazil final… well… after Martin O’Neils perfectly good goal against France in the Q/F was ruled out.

Big Billy Hamilton would have put the fear of god up those Italians in the final!!!

Southgate is the most blessed, fortunate manager of all time. It's rare that results flatter performances but that is the case for Southgate. He deserves credit, but he's a bang average manager and that would get found out if he went back the club football. If he's smart enough he will retire for good after this tournament whilst there's still some benefit of doubt.

Anyway, as Rurik says, England have a squad that can win but a manager that makes it likely they won't.

Southgate is the most blessed, fortunate manager of all time. It's rare that results flatter performances but that is the case for Southgate. He deserves credit, but he's a bang average manager and that would get found out if he went back the club football. If he's smart enough he will retire for good after this tournament whilst there's still some benefit of doubt.

Anyway, as Rurik says, England have a squad that can win but a manager that makes it likely they won't.
Pretty much what I said before the tournament started : the squad is good enough to win but if they do it will be in spite of Southgate not because of him.

Pretty much what I said before the tournament started : the squad is good enough to win but if they do it will be in spite of Southgate not because of him.

Yep and that's why I don't want them to win. Can you imagine the it! He will be knighted sure enough and praised as the greatest manager to ever have existed!

Trent should start but obviously wont, and if we're honest about performance Watkins should start instead of Kane. But that will also never happen.

The first half of the Spanish Sunday double has come in. Alcaraz battered Djokovic at Wimbledon. Now on to the second one.

First time I have watched a game in Portsalon since England V Italy 3 years ago.

A good sign for the Spanish.

Haven't seen hair like that since Jason Lee? (Nottingham Forest, I think). He had a pineapple on his head.

Back
Top Bottom