• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EURO 2024 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i've only watched a total of 45+ mins of football this summer so far. Euros and Copa combined. Not even bothered with highlights.

And just by reading the news alone and looking at the scores, don't think there's anything exciting that will change my mind too.

Just look at the pathetic state of strikers in the game today.

Is this one of the lowest scoring Euros too ?

View: https://x.com/LUFC_WorldWide/status/1809672752694981105

For many people .. international football in these competitions is the only way they will have free full football games on their local TV channels. I fell in love with football after seeing Brazil 82...prior to that I had no interest in football.

I am sorry, i totally disagree, look at today...no football at all and as a result it will be a slow business day.
So what is the fix? Look at what? There has been plenty of bad tournaments, I can really only remember few tournaments of actual real excitement Italy 90, France 98 and Euro 2000. People do over think it at times.
It's great mastermind like Biesla is saying what we think but what is the route forward?
Sometimes it's a transitional thing and soon there will be a set of players who will come through.

Turkey v Holland was a decent watch, I think you are too focussed on 5 seconds of entertainment like Tiktok and you tube and expect too much.
CL Knock outs have been fun for the last few years but the finals haven't been historically. There is plenty to fix with football but moaning about 4 week over saturated tournament won't fix it.

So what is the fix? Look at what? There has been plenty of bad tournaments, I can really only remember few tournaments of actual real excitement Italy 90, France 98 and Euro 2000. People do over think it at times.
It's great mastermind like Biesla is saying what we think but what is the route forward?
Sometimes it's a transitional thing and soon there will be a set of players who will come through.

Turkey v Holland was a decent watch, I think you are too focussed on 5 seconds of entertainment like Tiktok and you tube and expect too much.
CL Knock outs have been fun for the last few years but the finals haven't been historically. There is plenty to fix with football but moaning about 4 week over saturated tournament won't fix it.
The problem is deeper, the quality of football and players is going down because these rich european clubs are buying the best youngsters and younger players and coaching them in the European way, by taking out their flaire and imagination. Clubs like Madrid / Barca should be limited to X number of foreign youngsters at their club.

Sorry @rubans , I dont get kicks out of tiktok stuff, I have watched nearly all the games of Euro 2024 fully. I love watching international footy and have always.

The problem is deeper, the quality of football and players is going down because these rich european clubs are buying the best youngsters and younger players and coaching them in the European way, by taking out their flaire and imagination. Clubs like Madrid / Barca should be limited to X number of foreign youngsters at their club.
They have actually always done this, not saying they aren't the problem but MCO and the amount of games is another. 32 Team Euro? 48 Team World cup? it's just too much but that doesn't directly correlated with player development.

They have actually always done this, not saying they aren't the problem but MCO and the amount of games is another. 32 Team Euro? 48 Team World cup? it's just too much but that doesn't directly correlated with player development.
They have never done it to this level, otherwise they would have bought R9, and others back then. Most of their first Galactico era , those players were not young developed ones from abroad. Its only recently we are seeing an explosion of this.

They have never done it to this level, otherwise they would have bought R9, and others back then. Most of their first Galactico era , those players were not young developed ones from abroad. Its only recently we are seeing an explosion of this.
Nope, they have brought youngsters from Europe and South America, often one big youth prospect a season.

We should forget this Rio kid for Chelsea and get the Yerma kid instead.

That's a good idea and nobody will be thinking about doing something like that.

apparently if you mention him all the time on loads of threads we’ll sign him, that’s how football works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom