• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EURO 2024 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm……

Jordan Pickford on verge of becoming greatest goalkeeper in European Championship history​

England keeper has a record that could soon overtake Iker Casillas as the best in the history of the Euros​

Jordan Pickford still wears football boots with the slogan ‘get the rave on’ stitched into them and England’s number one is on course to top the European Championship charts.

Should Pickford keep a clean sheet and make six or more saves in Wednesday night’s semi-final against the Netherlands, then the England goalkeeper will eclipse the save percentage of Spain legend Iker Casillas in the competition.

Pickford currently has a save rate of 85 per cent over the course of his 12 European Championship appearances, which is better than Gianluigi Buffon, Edwin van der Sar and Andreas Isaksson all achieved during their careers.

Casillas finished his career with an 87 per cent save rate from his 14 appearances in the Euros, which gives Pickford the chance to leapfrog him either on Wednesday night or over the course of the next two games if England reach this year’s final.

He still gives his defenders an earful and screams in delight at the England fans, as he did after grabbing hold of the ball at the end of the last-16 victory over Slovakia. But Pickford has also proved a master at peaking when the stakes are at their highest.

• Haha
Reactions: jan
Erm……

Jordan Pickford on verge of becoming greatest goalkeeper in European Championship history​

England keeper has a record that could soon overtake Iker Casillas as the best in the history of the Euros​

Jordan Pickford still wears football boots with the slogan ‘get the rave on’ stitched into them and England’s number one is on course to top the European Championship charts.

Should Pickford keep a clean sheet and make six or more saves in Wednesday night’s semi-final against the Netherlands, then the England goalkeeper will eclipse the save percentage of Spain legend Iker Casillas in the competition.

Pickford currently has a save rate of 85 per cent over the course of his 12 European Championship appearances, which is better than Gianluigi Buffon, Edwin van der Sar and Andreas Isaksson all achieved during their careers.

Casillas finished his career with an 87 per cent save rate from his 14 appearances in the Euros, which gives Pickford the chance to leapfrog him either on Wednesday night or over the course of the next two games if England reach this year’s final.

He still gives his defenders an earful and screams in delight at the England fans, as he did after grabbing hold of the ball at the end of the last-16 victory over Slovakia. But Pickford has also proved a master at peaking when the stakes are at their highest.
In European Championship History maybe, but that doesn't go as far back as Jurassic Times does it? Football didn't start in 1960! I'd like to see how old T-Rex arms would fair against a Indomious Rex.

Southgate once again picking the wrong team. All I can say is, Hup Holland Hup!

Pickford, Guehi, Stones, Walker, Saka, Trippier, Mainoo, Rice, Bellingham, Foden; Kane

Glad Spain went through. I was fully expecting France to bore their way through to the final (and likely the trophy). Spain deserve it.

Williams has had a great tournament but thought he didn't have his best game last night.

Yeah but mcrappe got the kind of chance that you'd expect a good striker to score... At least work the keeper. He should have forced extra time there.

I mean if that was any of Suarez, Henry, Torres, Ronaldo, Messi, Fowler, Owen in their prime its a goal. I don't think he's all that.
Thank you @Woland !!! Someone finally said it, the guy is fucking garbage and no I would not swap him for anyone in our front line. Screw the world cups etc..

Also we I was astonished to learn was it yesterday ? That that goal yesterday was Framce's first in this tournament from open play....and we think England are shit ???

If that goal from yesterday is given to Olmo then why cant in that last game that the Dutch had , why cant that that was OG be given to Gakpo - he got some of that ball you can clearly see right ?

If that goal from yesterday is given to Olmo then why cant in that last game that the Dutch had , why cant that that was OG be given to Gakpo - he got some of that ball you can clearly see right ?
Because they wanna rob him of the golden boot and hand it to own goal. If ever you needed more evidence these tournaments are rigged to the core.

Southgate once again picking the wrong team. All I can say is, Hup Holland Hup!

Pickford, Guehi, Stones, Walker, Saka, Trippier, Mainoo, Rice, Bellingham, Foden; Kane
If he picks that team again he's fucking brain dead. Yeah he's fucking brain dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom