• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EURO 2024 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on TalkSh!te was saying earlier today that prelim.discussions have been held with Chris Hughton.
I think they have had discussions with quite a few managers at this stage and Hughton's name was mentioned a lot after he was sacked by Ghana post AFCON.
Whatever they are offering isn't exactly proving to be a big draw and Chris would be one of the better qualified candidates at this point.

The refs performances in the tournament have largely been excellent and consistent.
I missed last nights game but the English contingent didn't live up to those standards seemingly.
Not a coincidence surely.

WTF is that. Absolute clown whoever that CB was. 6th OG of the tournament now? Jesus christ.

Whip that across goal Akturkoglu....poor poor choice.

I so want Belgium to get fucked, I am really pissed that all our players other than the Dutch contingemt are not fairing well or even being selected ( jotta/konate)

Southgate Damned.

We have the 3rd worst pressing in the tournament. Only Albania and Romania are worse.

England captain Kane admitted after the game that the team were "not sure how to get the pressure on and who’s supposed to be [pressing]".

Speaking on an extended England analysis section on BBC iPlayer, Match of the Day pundits Cesc Fabregas and Alan Shearer had their say.

"I think Harry doesn't have the legs anymore to press high," said Fabregas. "You can see the other ones - Bellingham, Saka, Rice - press really high, but one person not doing it can kill the function of the whole game."

Shearer added: "I don’t think there is a plan. There’s a complete lack of energy, I don’t know if anyone knows whether to come or to sit.

"They look confused to me as players as to when and how to go, and when they want to press the opposition.

"That, for me, comes from the manager. In the first two games and certainly the last game, it was far too easy for the opposition."

Southgate Damned.

We have the 3rd worst pressing in the tournament. Only Albania and Romania are worse.

England captain Kane admitted after the game that the team were "not sure how to get the pressure on and who’s supposed to be [pressing]".

Speaking on an extended England analysis section on BBC iPlayer, Match of the Day pundits Cesc Fabregas and Alan Shearer had their say.

"I think Harry doesn't have the legs anymore to press high," said Fabregas. "You can see the other ones - Bellingham, Saka, Rice - press really high, but one person not doing it can kill the function of the whole game."

Shearer added: "I don’t think there is a plan. There’s a complete lack of energy, I don’t know if anyone knows whether to come or to sit.

"They look confused to me as players as to when and how to go, and when they want to press the opposition.

"That, for me, comes from the manager. In the first two games and certainly the last game, it was far too easy for the opposition."
Its ok, he can always blame the Trent experiment. In reality he is a coward that dont want play expansive football just like previous England Managers. He is playing Walker coz he gurantees that speed at the back which makes me think his primary issue about playing to the opposition and ensuring they have No way of getting to our back line.

Lovely pass by KDB, lovely finish by Lukaku.

Offside, looked really tight. Semi automated working instantly.

Southgate now blaming the players fitness. Errrrr what?

View: https://x.com/xGPhilosophy/status/1804620364476977573

Maybe it’s less about fitness and more of an attitude issue. These Euros have been free-spirited and fun all-around, from the fans to the teams and coaches all embracing the joyful spirit of the game.

Then the English roll into town with dour faces and all the joy instantly disappears: flowers close, the party drum stops, children start crying. England are not playing football and taking risks and chances like other teams: in the periods they are dominating it’s all rather sterile possession with players determined not to be the one who gives the ball away. Then when protecting a lead it’s all hands on deck as if everything rides on this one result.

They need to lighten up and actually start playing football - if they do, they might realize they are rather good at it!

I’m rather enjoying the English meltdown. It’s fantastic to watch. Even better when you don’t watch the actual games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom