• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EURO 2024 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

View: https://x.com/xGPhilosophy/status/1804620364476977573

Maybe it’s less about fitness and more of an attitude issue. These Euros have been free-spirited and fun all-around, from the fans to the teams and coaches all embracing the joyful spirit of the game.

Then the English roll into town with dour faces and all the joy instantly disappears: flowers close, the party drum stops, children start crying. England are not playing football and taking risks and chances like other teams: in the periods they are dominating it’s all rather sterile possession with players determined not to be the one who gives the ball away. Then when protecting a lead it’s all hands on deck as if everything rides on this one result.

They need to lighten up and actually start playing football - if they do, they might realize they are rather good at it!

I do agree it's football related rather than fitness related.

However when you try and play football limited to the right and centre every game. It narrows your options massively.

I was an advocate for Foden on the left. However, even I could see after 30 minutes of the first game.. with Trippier behind him also narrowing the pitch that's not the right option.

Gordon is probably right right option, and if you have to shoehorn both Foden and Bellingham in the team, Foden 10, Bellingham 8.

But as the song starts...

"We'll keep on getting bad results...."

View: https://x.com/xGPhilosophy/status/1804620364476977573

Maybe it’s less about fitness and more of an attitude issue. These Euros have been free-spirited and fun all-around, from the fans to the teams and coaches all embracing the joyful spirit of the game.

Then the English roll into town with dour faces and all the joy instantly disappears: flowers close, the party drum stops, children start crying. England are not playing football and taking risks and chances like other teams: in the periods they are dominating it’s all rather sterile possession with players determined not to be the one who gives the ball away. Then when protecting a lead it’s all hands on deck as if everything rides on this one result.

They need to lighten up and actually start playing football - if they do, they might realize they are rather good at it!

That wont happen with Southgate in charge. He’s the posterboy for negative, dour and boring tactics.

This has been a tournament too far for Southgate. In fairness he's done well to build England up from where they were before (his overall win percentage is apparently the joint best of any England manager) but, having got to that point, he doesn't have what it takes to slip their leash and get them playing on the front foot.

This has been a tournament too far for Southgate. In fairness he's done well to build England up from where they were before (his overall win percentage is apparently the joint best of any England manager) but, having got to that point, he doesn't have what it takes to slip their leash and get them playing on the front foot.
Big Sam has the best overall win percentage...

It is a really great team in fairness. of individuals. But connecting on the field is another thing.

Often led by a manager unable to make a sum of the parts. Southgate did that 2018 but probably over stayed his welcome and never really enough managerial skill to evolve them. The FA I assume may want to go foreign again but with current climate, unlikely so prob were wise to stick without a true no 6, Bellingham thinking he is a no 10 and no 9 unwilling to stay in true no 9 position as well as chancing it on a injured LB, it's a mess...

didn’t really see what happened even in the replay, was too focused on the keeper clattering his own man

Did they ever work out what happened to that dude?
No, but you’d hope that the fact they were able to move him pretty quickly is a good sign. And I’d like to think they wouldn’t have played on had it been as bad as it looked. They abandoned the game for Eriksen.

Hahahaha Scotland. Out with a wimper.

Neither team deserve to go through. Both been terrible in all their games, Hungary can count themselves very fortuitous.

I watched the Germany game - the Swiss were very impressive, limited their threat with their pressing and Germany huffed and puffed, but didn’t create much in terms of clear-cut chances.

In the end they did what Germany does, however - a classic header from a cross from Fullkrüg in added time. Germany will play the 2nd placed team from England’s group.

Jaysis, the Scots were UTTER SHITE. Anyone critical of England should be glad they weren't born further north.

Barely a chance created. They needed a win, and they still wouldn't go forward.

Not very brave.

At least Ireland would have given it a go.

[Henry Winter] Harry Kane on criticism of #ENG from Gary Lineker: “I know they’ve got to be honest and give their opinion but also they have a responsibility of being an ex-England player that a lot of players look up to, people do listen to them and people do care what they say.”…
Quotes
…”The bottom line is we haven’t won anything as a nation for a long, long time and a lot of these players were part of that as well and they know how tough it is. I'd never disrespect any ex-player, all I'd say is remember what it's like to wear the shirt.”

He's got a point.

[Henry Winter] Harry Kane on criticism of #ENG from Gary Lineker: “I know they’ve got to be honest and give their opinion but also they have a responsibility of being an ex-England player that a lot of players look up to, people do listen to them and people do care what they say.”…
Quotes
…”The bottom line is we haven’t won anything as a nation for a long, long time and a lot of these players were part of that as well and they know how tough it is. I'd never disrespect any ex-player, all I'd say is remember what it's like to wear the shirt.”

He's got a point.

Nah, not having that. If he's listening to the pundits and concerned about what they're saying, he's already bottled it. This from the captain.

I thought he was super eloquent. He got my respect. They will hear that.

The negativity is over the top. It's so destructive.

It's almost impossible to change a culture. Ingerlund's mindset and the toxic media culture has always been the main problem.

You can put Maradona, Pele, R9 and Messi in that team, and it'll still never win anything for a 100 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom