• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Degen: 'I'm dead good, you wait and see'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

The Prophet
DEGEN RELISHING 'NEW START'

Paul Eaton in Bangkok 23 July 2009

Philipp Degen today insisted he will prove himself worthy of the Liverpool shirt this season.
The Swiss right back has endured a nightmare opening year to his Reds career, with a serious of injury problems preventing him from establishing himself as a regular in Rafa Benitez's plans.

But having played a part in each of the pre-season games so far, Degen is hoping he can look forward to a brighter future at Anfield.

"Last year was a very sad year for me," he told Liverpoolfc.tv. "I have worked hard during the holidays and now I feel really good. I am not yet at one hundred per cent match fitness but I am feeling better every day.

"It's a new season and a new start for me. I have never had a season like last season before when I was injured all the time. I came to a new club wanting to show what I could do but it wasn't possible.

"I was injured, injured, injured and I know the fans were thinking I am that sort of player, but it isn't true. I want to fight to prove myself now and that's why I am looking forward to this year so much."

With Rafa Benitez having splashed out millions to land Glen Johnson from Portsmouth, Degen is well aware of the fight he has on his hands to win the right back slot at Anfield.

"That is life at a big club like Liverpool," he added. "I will do all I can to show what I can do. That's the most important thing for me."

I bet all of you that wrote him off as being some useless, injured cunt are a bit embarassed now eh?

Egg on all of your faces.

Sometimes you just have to put your hands up and admit you were wrong about someone.

[quote author=rage link=topic=34881.msg911245#msg911245 date=1248420241]
until he plays, costs us goals and then we'll all wish we had the degen of last season
[/quote]

WHOOOOOOOSH

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=34881.msg911266#msg911266 date=1248422742]
[quote author=rage link=topic=34881.msg911245#msg911245 date=1248420241]
until he plays, costs us goals and then we'll all wish we had the degen of last season
[/quote]

WHOOOOOOOSH
[/quote]

Whooshed by Degen, eh?

it was funny hearing the liverpool.tv pundits pissing themselves laughing when degan tried (and failed) the zidane turn, not once but twice in the space of a few seconds. even degen appeared to be laughing.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=34881.msg911286#msg911286 date=1248425999]
Damn, our one and only chance to prove Brendan wrong about a player too.
[/quote]

Yossi and Aurelio already got apologies.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=34881.msg911298#msg911298 date=1248427437]
[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=34881.msg911286#msg911286 date=1248425999]
Damn, our one and only chance to prove Brendan wrong about a player too.
[/quote]

Yossi and Aurelio already got apologies.
[/quote]

aurelio got a fleeting apology which was later withdrawn.

Saw him played one half. He seems to totally lack confidence, cannot pass or do a decent cross. Why do we keep him?

He seems to lose concentration too. Spearing looked more adept playing RB than Degen when he came on.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=34881.msg912686#msg912686 date=1248688461]
He seems to lose concentration too. Spearing looked more adept playing RB than Degen when he came on.
[/quote]

I missed the game, did Johnson play left back again?

It's sad. He actually looked very fast and lively when he started last pre-season, but now he looks absolutely woeful.

That's why I said Spearing has a good chance this season, because he'll do a reliable job anywhere. Rafa will value that.

when you are struggling for form, keep it simple, keep the ball moving...do not (I repeat) do not try zidane turns as it's liable to make you look like a right cunt if you fuck it up.

[/quote]

Did Spearing play RB? I haven't seen any of the preseason games yet as I was on holiday, but I'm pleased about that. I said a month or so ago that RB could be his breakthrough position. How was his distribution? Did he get forward much?

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=34881.msg912705#msg912705 date=1248690665]
[/quote]

Did Spearing play RB? I haven't seen any of the preseason games yet as I was on holiday, but I'm pleased about that. I said a month or so ago that RB could be his breakthrough position. How was his distribution? Did he get forward much?

[/quote]

He came on for the last half hour at RB. He got up and down the line really well, and put in at least one really wicked cross.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=34881.msg912720#msg912720 date=1248692151]
[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=34881.msg912705#msg912705 date=1248690665]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He came on for the last half hour at RB. He got up and down the line really well, and put in at least one really wicked cross.
[/quote]

When he came on with Kuyt on the right, we were much more dangerous going forward. Degen lost some decent possession due to his inability to pass or cross. Was given a cold stare and a shout by Masher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom