• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

DeAss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m very comfortable with Gakpo competing for a spot on the LW - I think he offers goal threat and his right-footed cross is an excellent creative weapon (that is not utilized when he plays through the middle).

I’m NOT comfortable at this point with him being our MAIN option on LW. Someone needs to progress the ball, do what Salah and Mane did for us for years and neigher Gakpo nor Salah at this age are that player. We need at least one player of the Minteh/Nico Williams type who will create threat for others to exploit.

Sell Diaz and drop the cash on Antony Gordon or, failng that, Ebrechi Eze.

Wait a min, did I accidentally log into a different multiverse or something ?

So we are now selling Diaz and wanting Gakpoo to stay ? The same Gakpo that the entire forum spent 38 weeks abusing ?

Definitely a glitch in the matrix somewhere.

Wow. What did Diaz do to deserve all this hate ?

Are you all confusing the wrong South American ?

Got cheated in business recently by a Colombian perhaps ?
Nothing, I have been saying it all season. He is not good enough. The season is over, and he IS not good enough. I don't hate him or anything but it's time to cash in.

But with our luck, the Barca link is fabricated by his camp and he will have another season to frustrate the hell out of everyone.

for the record i’m diaz fan and i do think some of the posts about him on here are a bit cunty but objectively he’s beyond peak years as a winger and his numbers aren’t fantastic. i’d have sold jota last summer if the right offer came in and the same with salah this summer

none of the forwards are in the sweet spot of performance, age and availability

for the record i’m diaz fan and i do think some of the posts about him on here are a bit cunty but objectively he’s beyond peak years as a winger and his numbers aren’t fantastic. i’d have sold jota last summer if the right offer came in and the same with salah this summer

none of the forwards are in the sweet spot of performance, age and availability
I could make a case for selling any of them. Not one is indispensable.

yup and it’s only strengthened with edward’s involved because there’s a fair chance he’s not going to sit on his hands all summer
He is waiting for Euros to finish, then Copa and then Olympics then we begin the Edwards spending era…

Wait a min, did I accidentally log into a different multiverse or something ?

So we are now selling Diaz and wanting Gakpoo to stay ? The same Gakpo that the entire forum spent 38 weeks abusing ?

Definitely a glitch in the matrix somewhere.

I can see your point. Diaz is a much better outlet than Gakpo and he’s a proper fighter - it’s good to have players like that in the team. On the other hand, I cannot get over how little he creates for his teammates - I think him and Nunez are not compatible, because Diaz just never passes the ball once he gets it, he hardly gets any assists and usually only creates chances for himself.

Gakpo is at the perfect age to take the next step and you could imagine will score and assist more over the course of the season than Diaz. But he also doesn’t have some of the best of Diaz’s qualities. It’s a tough one... Given the age profile, selling Diaz seems to make more sense; if they were the same age I would probably keep Diaz.

I can see your point. Diaz is a much better outlet than Gakpo and he’s a proper fighter - it’s good to have players like that in the team. On the other hand, I cannot get over how little he creates for his teammates - I think him and Nunez are not compatible, because Diaz just never passes the ball once he gets it.

Gakpo is at the perfect age to take the next step and you could imagine will score and assist more over the course of the season than Diaz. But he also doesn’t have some of the best of Diaz’s qualities. It’s a tough one... Given the age profile, selling Diaz seems to make more sense; if they were the same age I would probably keep Diazz
Diaz over Gakpo, any day. But we are not going to get a lot of money for Gakpo.

I can sense a solid comedy plot here. A famous Latin American footballer’s father is kidnapped by a ruthless gang, but their plan is foiled by the antics of their prisoner that are so obnoxious and unbearable that in the end they are forced to pay him off to leave and turn themselves in to the police. Starring Louis de Funes.

I can sense a solid comedy plot here. A famous Latin American footballer’s father is kidnapped by a ruthless gang, but their plan is foiled by the antics of their prisoner that are so obnoxious and unbearable that in the end they are forced to pay him off to leave and turn themselves in to the police. Starring Louis de Funes.

the loathsome hostage plot sounds very familiar, there must’ve been a movie or tv series with this before

the loathsome hostage plot sounds very familiar, there must’ve been a movie or tv series with this before
There was a movie with Danny DeVito and Bette Midler along those lines.
I can't remember the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom