• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye, Bye, Portuguese Waiter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we do, but as far as your questions are concerned, check out the very first post in this thread. Last week was last week.

Cristiano Ronaldo sidesteps questions over his future at Manchester United

Cristiano Ronaldo has refused to commit himself to Manchester United as rumours of a transfer to Real Madrid resurfaced. The Portugal forward also criticised his side's tactics and performance in the Champions League final, saying 'everything went wrong' in Rome.

"My future for now is the national team, we must win to be back on track in the world cup qualifiers," he said in response to questions about his future. "I don't want to talk about clubs, I want to rest, to go on holidays because I'm very tired. I've played many games under a lot of pressure. The future... we'll see."

The 24-year-old was philosophical about United's 2-0 loss to Barcelona, but critical of his side's approach to the game. "It's always hard to lose finals but you must pay for not playing well," he said. "Man United had only 10 minutes good in the game. After that, we didn't show up. We, the players, didn't play well. The tactics was not good either. Everything went wrong.

"I'm a player used to great stages and I'm not upset by anything. The things I've won give me maturity to stand the pressure. There was no problem."

He also had a swipe at Barcelona, saying the Spanish champions were lucky to be in the final at all.

"We must give credit to Barcelona but they were lucky to be here, because Chelsea deserved to win the semi-final and nobody mentioned that. I must congratulate Barcelona but that's football, you only talk about those who win."

Cristiano Ronaldo will be welcome at Real Madrid, says Florentino Pérez
• Pérez: It would be 'very good' if Ronaldo came to Real
• Kaka and 'shortlist' of top coaches also on agenda

Florentino Perez at a presentation in Madrid on May 28, for his return to the post of Real Madrid's president. Photograph: Pedro Armestre/AFP/Getty Images

Florentino Pérez, the prospective new president of Real Madrid, has welcomed renewed talk of an £80m move for Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo, saying he would build a "great team with a great coach" if he were to win the presidency.

"He's a player that would be very good if he came to Real Madrid," said Pérez of United's Portuguese winger, who was on the losing side in this week's Champions League final, against Barcelona. "What I know is what I've read, that there is an agreement by means of which he would come for £80m."

Asked if he would pay that amount, Pérez said: "Next week we will look at the numbers and nobody should doubt that we are going to design with our sporting advisors a spectacular project."

Pérez is the overwhelming favourite to return to the post he held from 2000–06 and could be installed as president as early as Monday, without the need for elections, if no other candidates step forward before Sunday's deadline.

"I'm sure that now the majority of the players are going to want to come to Madrid, to a new project," he said.

Pérez is the only remaining candidate for the presidency after Eduardo Garcia yesterday pulled out of the running. Pérez has continued his election campaign and he said the club would wait until all of Europe's club competitions had been completed to open negotiations for transfers.

"Until the competitions finish we are not going to talk with the clubs," he said, "but I've always spoken of my great relationship with [the Milan vice-president Adriano] Galliani and this relationship maybe makes it easier that Kaka comes to Madrid.

"I've talked with Galliani many times about football and also about Kaka, but this is a theme that we have to postpone until after Sunday."

Madrid are also being linked with several leading coaches, such as Arsène Wenger, Jose Mourinho, Carlo Ancelotti and Manuel Pellegrini. Pérez said: "There is a shortlist of coaches, but no decision has been taken. We are going to have a great coach."

By the way, look at the greasy chip arriving back at Manchester. What a knob.

Manchester-Uniteds-Cristi-003.jpg

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=33823.msg877472#msg877472 date=1243508154]
[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=33823.msg877464#msg877464 date=1243507935]
[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=33823.msg877457#msg877457 date=1243507810]
He's leaving this summer.

I don't care how much they get for him, he will be nearly impossible to replace.
[/quote]

We say that every time one of their irreplacable players leave
[/quote]

This time i mean it though.
[/quote]

The thing is, every time one of their irreplaceable players leave (Schmeichel, Cantona, Keane etc) they replace that star, with a star for another area of the team and nobody notices. Would anyone notice if the waiter went and they bought Ribery or Kaka or something?

[quote author=Mors link=topic=33823.msg878364#msg878364 date=1243607240]
[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=33823.msg877464#msg877464 date=1243507935]

I don't care how much they get for him, he will be nearly impossible to replace.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The thing is, every time one of their irreplaceable players leave (Schmeichel, Cantona, Keane etc) they replace that star, with a star for another area of the team and nobody notices. Would anyone notice if the wiater went and they bought Ribery or Kaka or something?
[/quote]

Ribery and Kaka won't score 40 goals in a season. Like ever. No-one will score match-winning goals with his frequency. That's not to say that they won't find another staggeringly effective route to winning matches, but you'd imagine adjusting to a post-Ronaldo situation will take a bit of work, such is his importance to them just now. The fact that Ferguson hasn't told him to fuck off despite being show-boating, arrogant, and disloyal, suggests he knows it too.

[quote author=StevieM link=topic=33823.msg877503#msg877503 date=1243509252]
[quote author=nornirongooner link=topic=33823.msg877450#msg877450 date=1243507409]
It's already been said but it doesn't really matter whether he stays or go. They would have a tit load of cash to go and sign a few replacements, just in case one doesn't work out
[/quote]

That's nonsense. He's critical to their success and replacing what oine man brings to the team with 2 doesn't necessarily work

If they sign Benzema & Ribery, how do you fit him, Tevez, Rooney, & Berbatoz in to the team. If Ribery is on the right, who's on the left.

Ronaldo scores a lot of goals., to such an extent that there's no certainty that even combined, Benzeam & Ribery would provide as many goals as Ronaldo.

What would you prefer - Henry in his prime or Van Persie & Adebayour?

It would be like us selling Gerrard and replacing him with Walcott & Barry.

Thanks. But no thanks.

[/quote]

It would be more like us selling Gerrard and replacing him with Ribery and Benzema.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=33823.msg878368#msg878368 date=1243607651]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The thing is, every time one of their irreplaceable players leave (Schmeichel, Cantona, Keane etc) they replace that star, with a star for another area of the team and nobody notices. Would anyone notice if the wiater went and they bought Ribery or Kaka or something?
[/quote]

Ribery and Kaka won't score 40 goals in a season. Like ever. No-one will score match-winning goals with his frequency. That's not to say that they won't find another staggeringly effective route to winning matches, but you'd imagine adjusting to a post-Ronaldo situation will take a bit of work, such is his importance to them just now. The fact that Ferguson hasn't told him to fuck off despite being show-boating, arrogant, and disloyal, suggests he knows it too.
[/quote]

Ok, what about if they bought Benzema? He could. But it's past the point anyway - when they lose an excellent player, they get another one in. I can't see if the waiter does go, this being any different.

[quote author=Mors link=topic=33823.msg878372#msg878372 date=1243608404]
[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=33823.msg878368#msg878368 date=1243607651]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok, what about if they bought Benzema? He could. But it's past the point anyway - when they lose an excellent player, they get another one in. I can't see if the waiter does go, this being any different.
[/quote]

That's just it though.

Excellent players don't always turn out to be excellent signings. Ronaldo has been phenomenal, one of the best match winners they've EVER had. They can throw millions at Benzema or Snoogy-doogy for all I care, they'll be lucky to be as effective for a while after he leaves.

Oops.

Its entirely possible that year has no intention of leaving but simply loves the attention and the press massaging his ego.

Some commentators have speculated that Ronald may not be signed by Perez this summer, mainly because some of the credit for the deal will be due to Calderon. They think Perez will set out to sign some of this lot first: Kaka, Ribery (who I think is Barca bound), Villa, Silva and Alonso.

I think he'll stay.

All the talk before the final was of him staying, so I can't imagine the loss will have changed that. He's just done it because he's Ronaldo.

it's really D-Day now for Ronaldo, if Perez buys Ribery, Kaka etc they wont be able to afford him so at least the saga will only last a few weeks rather than all summer.

he's got to make it clear that he wants to join Real in the next week or so

[quote author=Buddha link=topic=33823.msg878371#msg878371 date=1243608317]
[quote author=StevieM link=topic=33823.msg877503#msg877503 date=1243509252]
[quote author=nornirongooner link=topic=33823.msg877450#msg877450 date=1243507409]
It's already been said but it doesn't really matter whether he stays or go. They would have a tit load of cash to go and sign a few replacements, just in case one doesn't work out
[/quote]

That's nonsense. He's critical to their success and replacing what oine man brings to the team with 2 doesn't necessarily work

If they sign Benzema & Ribery, how do you fit him, Tevez, Rooney, & Berbatoz in to the team. If Ribery is on the right, who's on the left.

Ronaldo scores a lot of goals., to such an extent that there's no certainty that even combined, Benzeam & Ribery would provide as many goals as Ronaldo.

What would you prefer - Henry in his prime or Van Persie & Adebayour?

It would be like us selling Gerrard and replacing him with Walcott & Barry.

Thanks. But no thanks.

[/quote]

It would be more like us selling Gerrard and replacing him with Ribery and Benzema.
[/quote]

You're right.

I'd keep Gerrard without blinking though.

Even Ronaldo does leave this season United will still be the team to beat next season.

In all honesty this season United didn't even play well for large parts of the season and they still managed to complete a treble, get to the final of the CL and lose ;D, and the semi's of the FA cup.

If Ronaldo leaves they will replace him with two quality players such as Ribery and Benzema. But the problem is that Ferguson has a knack of setting up the team to get the best out his best players. Right now United are setup to get the best out of Ronaldo to the determent of players such as Rooney who are played out of position to get the best from Ronaldo.

If he leaves they will just rejig the team to get the best out of players like Rooney and the new signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom