• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Man City - F*ck You Count Cup Semi Final - Sat 15:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Quad thing is fucking absurd. We aren't going to do "the Quad" and having that as the bar for success is a recipe for discounting actual success.

This is like when nobody could be satisfied with the idea that we were just ace, instead we had to be invincible. Or, we were ace, but were we the best team ever?

This Quad thing is fucking absurd. We aren't going to do "the Quad" and having that as the bar for success is a recipe for discounting actual success.

This is like when nobody could be satisfied with the idea that we were just ace, instead we had to be invincible. Or, we were ace, but were we the best team ever?
The Quad isn’t the bar for success. We’re having an amazing season regardless what happens from now. Second in the league, Champions League semi, FA cup final and the league cup in the bag.

Getting any more trophies in the cabinet would be fantastic. But securing the quad would just give this team its place in eternity.

The Quad isn’t the bar for success. We’re having an amazing season regardless what happens from now. Second in the league, Champions League semi, FA cup final and the league cup in the bag.

Getting any more trophies in the cabinet would be fantastic. But securing the quad would just give this team its place in eternity.

This team will the best I ever see. It'll have its place in eternity because after I spent most of my life hearing how great it was in the past, I'm definitely going to inflict that upon my own son. I doubt I'm alone in that.

I just hope we win another major trophy (PL or CL) so that we are talking about success and not just a long series of epic performances that were yet again marginally less epic than another team in the league.

The Quad would of course be incredible, but i don’t think anyone is saying we’re a let down if we don’t get there. I think we could arguably say that if we don’t add anything else this year though.

[article]
Jack Grealish makes claim to rile Liverpool fans after Man City FA Cup defeat
Manchester City missed out on a place in the final, although they almost pulled themselves back into the game late on at Wembley.

0_IMG_2295.jpg

Manchester City forward Jack Grealish (Image: Manchester City)

Jack Grealish insists there “only would have been one winner” had Manchester City taken Liverpool to extra time at Wembley on Saturday.
City’s FA Cup run came to an end at the semi-final stage as they were beaten 3-2 by their title rivals at the national stadium. The Blues were ultimately left with too steep a mountain to climb after falling 3-0 down before half-time, with Sadio Mane’s brace putting Liverpool firmly in control.
City did threaten to stage a remarkable comeback in the second half, with Grealish pulling a goal back immediately after the break. Bernardo Silva grabbed a second late on to set up a tense finish, with Liverpool just about holding on to their lead to book a place in the final.
ALSO READ: Gabriel Jesus summed up his Man City career in two games against Liverpool
The Blues were ultimately made to pay for their poor first half showing, despite a much-improved performance in the second-half. Grealish is adamant, though, that City were just moments away from finding an equaliser and would have gone on to book their place in the final had they found it.
"If we had another five minutes, we would have got that goal. If we had taken them to extra time, I think there only would have been one winner,” Grealish told the club’s website.

“It wasn't meant to be, but we still have the Champions League and Premier League to play for. We need to pick ourselves up and get back on track. We started slow. The whole of the first half, Liverpool were on top whether that be pressing, possession and the scoreline as well.
“For us, it was not an ideal first half and I think that cost us in the end. We didn't have the first half we wanted to. We came in at half-time, the manager made a few changes and I think we were much better for it in the second half. In the end, it was just too little too late."

The defeat ends City’s hopes of a treble this season, although they can still complete a Premier League and Champions League double. And Grealish still believes they are in the best position to win on both fronts.
"You just go in there and look at the talent and experience we have in that dressing room and I don't think anyone else in the league has a dressing room like it," Grealish added. "Our performances, the competitions we're in and where we are in the league speaks for itself. Hopefully, by the end of the season, we will have the Premier League and Champions League."
[/article]

That may be true Jack, but It is that's like saying If we would have played Sunday we would have won... Both City and you failed to get the job don't in the 90mins of the semi's hence we are in the Final.

I just hope we win another major trophy (PL or CL) so that we are talking about success and not just a long series of epic performances that were yet again marginally less epic than another team in the league.

The Quad would of course be incredible, but i don’t think anyone is saying we’re a let down if we don’t get there. I think we could arguably say that if we don’t add anything else this year though.

Yup. We need to win at least one of the big two.

I thought he dropped off a cliff in the second half, but most of our good work in the first half was thanks to him.

He basically stopped a lot of his 'in-your-face' pressing after he got yellow carded at the start of the second half. The ref had a mad 5 mins of giving everything their way at the start of the half and Naby probably wisely realised that he could be at risk of another.

Doesn't change the fact his presence in midfield is a key part of the reason we were 3-0 up at HT. Absolute baller and part of our best midfield.

They won the last one because of the Caroll header being deemed not over the line, at least we got goal line this time out.

Won't help. Tierney's the VAR. Manc bastard will rule against us any chance he gets. We'll have to make doubly sure we leave no room for doubt at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom