• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Man City (H) - Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
[article]They relied on moments of genius from two world-class players - Salah combined with Mane to put them 1-0 up, before scoring that absolutely phenomenal solo goal himself. They were both goals out of nothing, goals out of dreams.
[/article]

Does anyone agree with Jenas?
He’s not completely right but they were more rounded. We relied on two amazing moments .

I though both goals were great passages of play. Even Jones best his man for his assist to Salah. They were hardly a 35 yard hit and hope strikes. We’d also had spells on top. Jenas is a gobshite.

He's exaggerating IMO. They were streets ahead of us in the first half but they didn't score, and the second half was much better balanced.

I think Klopp's perspective on this is different – City were only so good in the first half because we let them play the way they like and didn't do things our players actually know how to do. That's why Klopp didn't try to change tactics or players at half-time, but just reminded the players what they needed to be doing and 2nd half was more of a normal LFC vs City home game – still a draw, but we had the better of the chances. So from this perspective, the 1st half was the abnormality and 2nd half reflected the actual balance of power between us and City at the current moment. I think Klopp is right.

I though both goals were great passages of play. Even Jones best his man for his assist to Salah. They were hardly a 35 yard hit and hope strikes. We’d also had spells on top. Jenas is a gobshite.
Jones did well but Salah or anyone else in world football had no right to score from where he picked it up.

Jones did well but Salah or anyone else in world football had no right to score from where he picked it up.
I’m not being dismissive of Salah’s goal. And what he did wasn’t out of nothing. I feel Jenas is being dismissive of what other did and shouldn’t be classing Salah’s goal as out of the blue.

I don't think a move with about 6-7 passes leading up to it can be classed as a 'moment', especially when every single part of it was exactly as we intended it. Mo's was magical, but as mentioned Jones did well to make space past Bernardo and get the ball into Salah when it would have been very easy to pass it safely backwards.

I have to say, it's such a privilege and a learning experience to watch a great manager like Klopp at work: staying calm and zeroing in on the crux of the problem under huge pressure at a time when all of us were screaming for a double substitution and wholesale change of tactics, just change something. The clarity with which he sees the game is unbelievable. You'd love to play for a manager like that.

With the way City are set up now, packed full of midfielders, they are a chance creating machine.

But without any top quality goal scorers in the side, they will have a tendency to miss a fair few of those chances too.

[article]They relied on moments of genius from two world-class players - Salah combined with Mane to put them 1-0 up, before scoring that absolutely phenomenal solo goal himself. They were both goals out of nothing, goals out of dreams.
[/article]

Does anyone ever agree with Jenas?

Fixed for you.

[vnsfw][/vnsfw]
[/article]

Does anyone agree with Jenas?

Yes but that’s obvious for anyone who watched the game.

Jenas doesn’t really come out with anything new which means us go “ohhhh yeah we’ll pointed out.”

[vnsfw][/vnsfw]

Yes but that’s obvious for anyone who watched the game.

Jenas doesn’t really come out with anything new which means us go “ohhhh yeah we’ll pointed out.”

I said Mo rose above the mediocrity of our performance yesterday. Plenty had the same opinion. But Salah is part of the team not a seperate entity. if Alisson doesn't make 2 great saves we lose. Mo does what he does to help the team, Jenas has a slanted view of LFC and always twists the positives to sound like negatives.

Yep watched the highlights on that one. Fabinho had to stretch to get the ball under control, and then regain his balance and try and score. By that time, Rodri had got the tackle in. Simply nothing Fabinho could have done there, except to try and score on that first stretch touch itself. Maybe a brilliantly instinctive striker would have stretched and simply scored with that first touch, but that was about the only option.

Agreed. Other than a one-touch finish, decided upon AND executed in a milli-second (as nobody would have expected Ederson to fuck up like that), I'm not sure what Fabs could have done differently. And had he tried that and fucked it up, he'd be getting criticized for not taking a touch first...

Remember a very similar chance last season in that oh-so-aggravating 0-0 match away to Newcastle... The keeper came for a cross / corner, missed it completely and Bobby was very suddenly left with an open goal. He missed. Obviously, says you... I bring it up to highlight the fact that, when presented with such a surprise , split-second opportunity like that, even top strikers often miss, too. The miniscule reaction time makes the chance incredibly difficult to take.

He's exaggerating IMO. They were streets ahead of us in the first half but they didn't score, and the second half was much better balanced.
Yeah, everyone seems to be saying the same thing, that City were better than us in the first. But the fact is, they didn't score. If we had gone on to win it, they will be saying the better team lost. But since when is a "deserved" win based on playing better in one half while not scoring?

Personally, I am feeling aggrieved we didn't win. I thought our goals were superbly worked while theirs were pretty avoidable. Maybe I'm just being biased but who cares.

I think Klopp's perspective on this is different – City were only so good in the first half because we let them play the way they like and didn't do things our players actually know how to do. That's why Klopp didn't try to change tactics or players at half-time, but just reminded the players what they needed to be doing and 2nd half was more of a normal LFC vs City home game – still a draw, but we had the better of the chances. So from this perspective, the 1st half was the abnormality and 2nd half reflected the actual balance of power between us and City at the current moment. I think Klopp is right.

This was always the case, that first half was the type of midfield performance that we put on against Real Madrid away last season, and like some have suggested it came after a very easy win against Arsenal where we thought "Fuck they are back and damn good". I do feel at times in the many games we have had with them, that our players make them look better than what they are, having watched so many of them in the Euro's - they looked fucking shit to me.

Yeah, everyone seems to be saying the same thing, that City were better than us in the first. But the fact is, they didn't score. If we had gone on to win it, they will be saying the better team lost. But since when is a "deserved" win based on playing better in one half while not scoring?

Personally, I am feeling aggrieved we didn't win. I thought our goals were superbly worked while theirs were pretty avoidable. Maybe I'm just being biased but who cares.
Think you are spot on - the goals they scored - especially their 2nd - just should not have happened, should not even got to the stage where ginger bollox got the chance to shoot.

The other bread brain...Gary Snivele degreed that Salah and Foden share MOTM billing..yeah Foden scored a decent goal but Salah's goal almost defied belief. A goal that will live long in the memory. So how can anybody deny Salah the MOTM award for that Houdini like goal. Beggar's belief. Pure blatant bias..nothing more nothing less.

The other ludicrous thing is Ole being asked on Sky "Gary said this..Gary said that.." and Ole giving an almost apologetic answer..Ole should tell Snivele to go and shuve his head up his arse..

Think you are spot on - the goals they scored - especially their 2nd - just should not have happened, should not even got to the stage where ginger bollox got the chance to shoot.
Virtually every goal in any game is 'someone's fault'.

The first three goals yesterday were all great goals. The 4th was very very unlucky, first Robbo ran into the box following Walker of all players, he was then unlucky to see his attempted clearance fall to DB. but even then his shot was very likely to be saved by Ali if it hadn't defected off of an unlucky Matip.

Have to say I felt a little downa and more like '2 dropped points' at the end of the game. We were the more dangerous team throughout the 2nd half and our chances were better chances. They were absolutely reeling and just hanging on at one time, as we had done in the first half.

The first three goals yesterday were all great goals. The 4th was very very unlucky, first Robbo ran into the box following Walker of all players, he was then unlucky to see his attempted clearance fall to DB. but even then his shot was very likely to be saved by Ali if it hadn't defected off of an unlucky Matip.

Have to say I felt a little downa and more like '2 dropped points' at the end of the game. We were the more dangerous team throughout the 2nd half and our chances were better chances. They were absolutely reeling and just hanging on at one time, as we had done in the first half.

You're not wrong, mate, but I find it hard to feel too hard done by, considering just how much better than us they were in the first half, how they should have had a penalty and how Millie should absolutely have been sent off... It's frustrating to lose a late lead to a deflected goal, but they were not the side who got lucky yesterday.

You're not wrong, mate, but I find it hard to feel too hard done by, considering just how much better than us they were in the first half, how they should have had a penalty and how Millie should absolutely have been sent off... It's frustrating to lose a late lead to a deflected goal, but they were not the side who got lucky yesterday.

It wasn't a pen, should have been a free-kick on the edge of the box and possibly also a yellow.

It wasn't a pen, should have been a free-kick on the edge of the box and possibly also a yellow.

I'll look again, but the contact that occurred happened inches inside the box, I thought.. Also, I'm not talking about the card that would have been brandished, had the foul been blown up... I'm talking about the nailed-on second yellow that I cannot believe wasn't given.

I'll look again, but the contact that occurred happened inches inside the box, I thought.. Also, I'm not talking about the card that would have been brandished, had the foul been blown up... I'm talking about the nailed-on second yellow that I cannot believe wasn't given.

Was definitely outside the box, that’s why VAR didn’t intervene because they are limited to reviewing the penalty incidents.

=/
86c5586a92a6d7cbf67731bc2f45a587.jpg

I know some might say me trying to clutch at straws, but really Milner never got that second yellow because Silva's duve looked like a full ace 10 simulation. Specially when watching in slow motion.

I think that chance that Fab fucked up sort of makes anyone think 2 dropped points. That point about them reeling and hanging on is not surprising - can see they give everything into this game more so than they give against united or chelsea.

I think that chance that Fab fucked up sort of makes anyone think 2 dropped points. That point about them reeling and hanging on is not surprising - can see they give everything into this game more so than they give against united or chelsea.

Fab didn't fuck anything up. It was a world class, game saving challenge.

And if you're really taking the two points dropped perspective, try remembering that Milner should have been sent off minutes before Mo's wonder goal... Had that happened, we'd not only have been deprived that all-time beauty, we'd likely have lost by a wide margin.

The fact that one last good chance fell our way and they somehow kept it out doesn't mean that they we re the lucky ones, mate... We were blessed yesterday.

Fab didn't fuck anything up. It was a world class, game saving challenge.

And if you're really taking the two points dropped perspective, try remembering that Milner should have been sent off minutes before Mo's wonder goal... Had that happened, we'd not only have been deprived that all-time beauty, we'd likely have lost by a wide margin.

The fact that one last good chance fell our way and they somehow kept it out doesn't mean that they we re the lucky ones, mate... We were blessed yesterday.

Sorry, but it was a terrible miss. Fabinho has to be scoring from that, it's as simple as that really.

Overall yes I agree. It was just at that moment, having gone ahead for the second time, to not see it out was disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom