• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Chelsea - (Anfield South) - F*ck You Count Cup Final - Sat 16:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Match thread starter
HERE WE FUCKING GO.

FA Cup Final. Wembley. Chance to win our second cup of the season. Expecting huge crowd advantage in this, like the Carabao.

I'm expecting a very similar team to the last final, with Thiago in for Fabinho (who should be rested) and Alisson in nets. Wouldn't surprise me to see Konate get a start here too.

------------Alisson-------------
Trent--Matip--Virgil--Robbo
--------Hendo--Thiago--------
--------------Keita---------------
Salah------Mane--------Diaz

Thiago is going to be well up for this and I'm looking forward to seeing that.

Chelsea could be without Kante & Jorginho - both currently injury doubts. I guess we'll see who they play/rest against Leeds. Leeds are fighting for their lives and hopefully get Chelsea putting big mileage in their legs.

HERE WE FUCKING GO.

FA Cup Final. Wembley. Chance to win our second cup of the season. Expecting huge crowd advantage in this, like the Carabao.

I'm expecting a very similar team to the last final, with Thiago in for Fabinho (who should be rested) and Alisson in nets. Wouldn't surprise me to see Konate get a start here too.

------------Alisson-------------
Trent--Matip--Virgil--Robbo
--------Hendo--Thiago--------
--------------Keita---------------
Salah------Mane--------Diaz

Thiago is going to be well up for this and I'm looking forward to seeing that.

Chelsea could be without Kante & Jorginho - both currently injury doubts. I guess we'll see who they play/rest against Leeds. Leeds are fighting for their lives and hopefully get Chelsea putting big mileage in their legs.
Yep has to be that team.

Jorginho currently out of favour no? Seems to be Kante + Kovatic (who is playing great) and Loftus-Cheek? Hudson-Odoi and Chilwell both defo out for the final.

Sounds like both Kante & Jorginho will be fit for Saturday :
May 10: "We are fighting for Jorgi and we're fighting for N’Golo for tomorrow, but it will be close and I don't know if we make it."

I think Salah would be licking his lips to go 1 on 1 against Alonso on Saturday.

I think Salah would be licking his lips to go 1 on 1 against Alonso on Saturday.

He's underperformed against many an inferior LB in recent weeks but with a trophy on the line we need to hope he starts to show his best

I would guess that the plan was to play Thiago, Fabinho and Henderson this weekend so if Fabinho is out then Keita will start instead. Can't really see anyone else getting the nod.

I can see Konate starting ahead of Matip. Happy with either of them to be honest, and it doesn't really matter that much, but I think Konate has played in every FA Cup game and Matip has played in none.

He was a DM at Schalke (or whomever let him go on a free) and is clearly able to play a role higher up the field.
I'd rather
Hendo - Thiago
Matip

than

Thiago-Keita
Hendo

Not because of Hendo but I worry about the defensive steel we would get from Thiago and Keita

Wizzy: it was indeed Schalke and yes, he was originally a DM, though he had moved back to CB and made his name there by the time we went in for him.

Also agree with your MF preference. Keita did well defensively in Germany but the demands of the Prem in that position are of a different order. Thiago's defensive play reminds me of Scholes back in the day - he'd do his best, but it really isn't his game and he's likely to be booked for trying too hard.

It's Sanders Westerveld, the clue is most expensive in his position, could only be a goalie really

Didn't even occur to me, after trying most of the 2001 squad I started thinking it was a misdirect for a year where we did a double with it and maybe the charity shield or something.
British record for Westerveld? Christ Houlier bought some crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom