• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trent, Salah and VVD

bluebell

Well-Known
For me this far more of a worry than incomings...
To let all 3 run their contracts down would be mind bogglingly stupid, we are talking about £250m of assets there. Any one know what the latest is? We can't blame Klopp for over loyalty now, if all 3 leave on afree whats the logic behind it? Where is the financial sense?

right i’m not actually comparing any of them to henderson, his talent was more in the leadership / influence departments than football, but are any of these guys in a henderson’s final liverpool contract situation?

will salah ask for 3 years at 300k, will virgil want 2 at 250? trent is a different thing altogether, seems like a big mistake to let him get here, maybe we banked on his home town club loyalties too much.

but the two older guys there are big decisions to make

More honestly, as with selling the club to new signings. 5-years under Klopp = hand me a pen, where do I sign. 5 years under a new manager, untested at this level and with reduced authority = I'll give it six months and see how it goes, thanks.
We needed to get these deals done before Klopp announced he was going.

I think Trent is at a massive crossroads in his career and it's entirely possible that his best years are behind him if he makes the wrong decision. If Liverpool weren't my team I'd be thinking he should leave, but I also don't understand exactly what he wants, and I don't think he's a great midfielder even if he's a wonderful footballer.

Salah should be sold because he is getting worse and worse and he isn't going to be the difference between us winning a title or not (not), but I think he win run down his contract, and that's ok as long as it's handled properly and he doesn't start being a little bitch like he did with a much more powerful manager... Ok, it may not go well.

Vvd can't be allowed to run his contract down but we are fucked without him, so good luck with part of your portfolio Edwards et al.

I don't know whether it's just a case of general apathy but I don't really care.

I can't see VVD leaving but if he does, we've had his best years. Same goes with Salah.

I'd like TAA to stay but if I'm being honest, I'm thinking about the 2018-2022ish version of TAA. The version we have right now? I, and seemingly no-one else, quite knows what that is. I'm past being bored of the endless debates that surround certain players and if we have to deal with the is he a CM or RB for the next 7 years... stay or leave, I'm not sure what's worse.

If I had to pick one player that'd provoke some concern, it'd be Alisson.

Hopefully waiting on Saudi/Madrid to sign Mo/Trent so we can then fund the signings of Frimpong and Bakayoko.

Virg is the one we need to renew at all costs, still has a lot to offer and has verbally committed his future days before the Euros started.

I think Trent is at a massive crossroads in his career and it's entirely possible that his best years are behind him if he makes the wrong decision. If Liverpool weren't my team I'd be thinking he should leave, but I also don't understand exactly what he wants, and I don't think he's a great midfielder even if he's a wonderful footballer.

Salah should be sold because he is getting worse and worse and he isn't going to be the difference between us winning a title or not (not), but I think he win run down his contract, and that's ok as long as it's handled properly and he doesn't start being a little bitch like he did with a much more powerful manager... Ok, it may not go well.

Vvd can't be allowed to run his contract down but we are fucked without him, so good luck with part of your portfolio Edwards et al.

Trent wants to be the star. He'd rather score 2 or 3 worldies a season than provide 20 assists.

More honestly, as with selling the club to new signings. 5-years under Klopp = hand me a pen, where do I sign. 5 years under a new manager, untested at this level and with reduced authority = I'll give it six months and see how it goes, thanks.
We needed to get these deals done before Klopp announced he was going.

we floundered once with champions league qualification and it felt like that was the final nail in the coffin for bellingham. no klopp 😬

I don't know whether it's just a case of general apathy but I don't really care.

I can't see VVD leaving but if he does, we've had his best years. Same goes with Salah.

I'd like TAA to stay but if I'm being honest, I'm thinking about the 2018-2022ish version of TAA. The version we have right now? I, and seemingly no-one else, quite knows what that is. I'm past being bored of the endless debates that surround certain players and if we have to deal with the is he a CM or RB for the next 7 years... stay or leave, I'm not sure what's worse.

If I had to pick one player that'd provoke some concern, it'd be Alisson.
Nailed it

My issue is not them going, no one should be held against their will. Its the fact we've allowed hundreds of millions to walk out the door, i don't know any business does that. Selling players is a form of revenue generation to buy players. If Trent wants to go, he should go now and not screw the club over. If VVD and Salah don't resign, sell them, the Saudis will offer minimum £50m each, thats £100m.

I think Trent is in the same situation Macca and maybe to a lesser extent Owen were in.

Fresh start with LFC or going to Madrid to play with Bellingham and Mbappe?
Can he really say no to that?

That’s coming up as not found but isn’t Anfield edition the Irish uncle fester pleb?

Back
Top Bottom