• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
well… apart from the fact that he’d only be taking players from Salah because he’d be playing in the position Salah plays in - so Salah, likeky, wouldn’t be in the pitch.

Where exactly is he carrying the ball too against those deep lying defences?

You also, hopefully, notice that Conte would want to play him at right wing back - and we don’t utilise wing backs.

Our two right sided players are Trent and Salah - neither are wings backs, both are known for creativity, accuracy, assists, goals…

So you’re bemoaning the fact we didn’t sign a player who has none of the attributes we’d value for a right-sided role and is likely to be best suited to a position we don’t utilise.

There’s a reason… we’ll actually there’s loads of reasons… why we haven’t shown any interest in signing him.
Proves how little you know if you have never seen him play from the left, and even if the played on the right have Salah not played trough the middle before or on the right himself?

And It is fun that you chose to believe what you read in the paper about Conte,Traore and the whole wing back thing because it suits the narrative you want to paint and when it does not you don't believe what you read in said papers 🙄

I like him, you don't; that's fine

Liverpool defender Nat Phillips is interesting two Premier League clubs and could leave before the end of the January transfer window.
The club have already turned down a loan with an obligation to buy offer from Newcastle for the 23-year-old centre-back, having previously rejected an €8.4m bid from Watford.
West Ham have also been linked with a move for the defender for some time.
Phillips has featured on only three occasions this season - including a Champions League start against AC Milan at San Siro - due to the return to fitness of Virgil Van Dijk, Joel Matip and Joe Gomez and the summer arrival of Ibrahima Konate.
However, he played an integral part in the club's late run to third place last season when injuries left Liverpool without their three senior central defenders.
The club will not sell Phillips on the cheap but, with the players in front of him and the interest being expressed, it's understood it is increasingly likely he will move before Monday's deadline.
Fellow centre-back Rhys Williams, who last week was recalled from a loan spell at Swansea due to a lack of game time, is wanted on loan by Sheffield United but fellow Sky Bet Championship side Reading are also believed to be interested.
Liverpool are looking for certain assurances over playing time after the 20-year-old's Swans experience, however, his immediate future is linked to Phillips.
Williams was initially recalled on the assumption the more senior centre-back would be leaving, so if that does happen the club will assess whether the youngster will be allowed to go back out on loan.
One Premier League club and two Championship sides are also interested in Wales international Neco Williams.
Liverpool are hopeful they can secure a loan with an obligation to buy deal for the right-back, who has made eight appearances this season, two of which were Champions League starts against Porto and AC Milan.
Midfielder Leighton Clarkson, another youngster recalled early from a spell at Blackburn, will not be going out on loan again in January.

Proves how little you know if you have never seen him play from the left, and even if the played on the right have Salah not played trough the middle before or on the right himself?

And It is fun that you chose to believe what you read in the paper about Conte,Traore and the whole wing back thing because it suits the narrative you want to paint and when it does not you don't believe what you read in said papers 🙄

I like him, you don't; that's fine

Narrative????

I’m not even sure you comprehend what the word means.

Traore has primarily played as a right winger or wing back and Conte is known to favour 352/532 systems that utilises wing backs - where the fuck do you think Conte intends to deploy Traore if he signs him.

That’s not a “narrative” - it’s a statement of the bleeding obvious that only you could possibly miss.

I’m sure Traore has filled in other positions - although he appears to have been equally inept in them.

so.. here’s what you seemingly want to do - move the best right-sided attacker in the world from the position he’s most successfully deployed in, to accommodate Adama Traore.

Really.

The whole fucking point of having Salah in your team is that he delivers so much from the right side - it’s akin to that stupid argument that pops up about moving Trent into a CM position and thinking that he’ll continue to be as productive there despite the fact he’ll have less space and time and that whoever replaces him on the right will get anywhere close to replicating what he delivers from there.

Traore is fast, strong and good at dribbling - that’s not enough - he doesn’t have the quality or end product to be a great asset to us - we know this because his stats for an attacker are fucking awful.

Actually if you compare his goal scoring stats to the current Liverpool squad - he’d be returning roughly as many goals as you’d expect our main CB’s to deliver.

Jota, Mane and Salah were bought precisely because they’re intelligent, flexible and clinical - they had the skills base, proven by their actual stats - they were outliers in key metrics that Klopp and his team look at.

Traore’s key stat is dribbles - that’s it… which look great, but it’s like wanting to sign someone because they’re great at nutmegs… it mostly fucking pointless.

I can only assume you’re the sort of person that likes things because they look pretty - rather than they’re any good.

I can see why Conte would like him - he fits the type is system he prefers (I repeat this is not a narrative - it’s just reality) - his strong running from deep, where he could get up a head of steam and his ability to get up and down the pitch quickly - given Conte prefers counter-attacking as well, makes sense.

Again - he’s wholly unsuited to what we need… if you need proof… we’re currently bemoaning how shit Mane is and how much he’s dropped off…. Despite the fact he’s already scored the same amount of Premier League goals this season that Traore’s scored in his entire Premier League career with Wolves…. Of 128 appearances.

8 goals in 128 games - let that sink in.

Last edited:
StevieM is sitting in his back office, with the curtains draw & bar closed, thinking up his next dastardly plan to drive an evil narrative into SCM

Mwa ha ha

Yep… what with the UK media and Antonio Conte all bowing to my narrative - the world will be mine soon!!!!

1. They are dealing with Aulas
  2. Everyone knows they have money to burn
  3. Time is running out and they need quality players to fight against relegation

Spurs missing out on Traore and Diaz and ending up signing no one this transfer window?

Last edited:
Narrative????

I’m not even sure you comprehend what the word means.

Traore has primarily played as a right winger or wing back and Conte is known to favour 352/532 systems that utilises wing backs - where the fuck do you think Conte intends to deploy Traore if he signs him.

That’s not a “narrative” - it’s a statement of the bleeding obvious that only you could possibly miss.

I’m sure Traore has filled in other positions - although he appears to have been equally inept in them.

so.. here’s what you seemingly want to do - move the best right-sided attacker in the world from the position he’s most successfully deployed in, to accommodate Adama Traore.

Really.

The whole fucking point of having Salah in your team is that he delivers so much from the right side - it’s akin to that stupid argument that pops up about moving Trent into a CM position and thinking that he’ll continue to be as productive there despite the fact he’ll have less space and time and that whoever replaces him on the right will get anywhere close to replicating what he delivers from there.

Traore is fast, strong and good at dribbling - that’s not enough - he doesn’t have the quality or end product to be a great asset to us - we know this because his stats for an attacker are fucking awful.

Actually if you compare his goal scoring stats to the current Liverpool squad - he’d be returning roughly as many goals as you’d expect our main CB’s to deliver.

Jota, Mane and Salah were bought precisely because they’re intelligent, flexible and clinical - they had the skills base, proven by their actual stats - they were outliers in key metrics that Klopp and his team look at.

Traore’s key stat is dribbles - that’s it… which look great, but it’s like wanting to sign someone because they’re great at nutmegs… it mostly fucking pointless.

I can only assume you’re the sort of person that likes things because they look pretty - rather than they’re any good.

I can see why Conte would like him - he fits the type is system he prefers (I repeat this is not a narrative - it’s just reality) - his strong running from deep, where he could get up a head of steam and his ability to get up and down the pitch quickly - given Conte prefers counter-attacking as well, makes sense.

Again - he’s wholly unsuited to what we need… if you need proof… we’re currently bemoaning how shit Mane is and how much he’s dropped off…. Despite the fact he’s already scored the same amount of Premier League goals this season that Traore’s scored in his entire Premier League career with Wolves…. Of 128 appearances.

8 goals in 128 games - let that sink in.

There you go presuming again,

1) There is no telling what Conte will do with him. many player under many manage were bought to fill one position and ended up playing in another, John Arse Riise
2) Again you presume that I want to replace Salah on the right with Traore. Where as I merely mentioned the Salah has played trough the centre before for us. Both Mane and Origi have played from the right when Salah as played centre. And what's to stop Traore coming on to replace Salah besides him not playing for us?

With Traore's potential for carrying the ball and putting dangerous balls into the box who better to be there to get on the end than Salah

6 ft 6 Wout Weghorst could benefit from the supplies from McNeil, Cornet and Orsic. Nice to see Burnley finally "going international" in the transfer market.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom