• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Spurs are likely to spend £70m this winter despite having to pay interest on a £1.2bn debt. Whilst we're trying to find an extra few mills just to pay Salah.
If they don’t get champions league this season they are deep in the shit.

If they don’t get champions league this season they are deep in the shit.

Catch 22 situation (+ how much they trust Conte to deliver) I guess. IF (yeah, I know) they win all their games in hand, they'll have 1 more point then Chelsea - alas, their squad lacks strength in depth. Very much a case of if not now, then when, imo.

10.jpg

I wouldnt think he had the football intelligence or positional sense to play wing back either.

Hmm, I always thought if you need to stick a stupid footballer somewhere, it's at wing-back – just tell him to run forward as hard as he can when we have the ball, run back when the opposition has it and do this for 90 minutes. You need a lot more tactical nous to be a full-back in a back 4 and more end product to be a winger or wing-forward.

Hmm, I always thought if you need to stick a stupid footballer somewhere, it's at wing-back – just tell him to run forward as hard as he can when we have the ball, run back when the opposition has it and do this for 90 minutes. You need a lot more tactical nous to be a full-back in a back 4 and more end product to be a winger or wing-forward.
Explains why McAteer played wing-back for us, anyway

It's strange with McAteer. He has that rep and I'm not in a position to comment on whether it's deserved, but he comes across well in interviews, IMHO of course.

Catch 22 situation (+ how much they trust Conte to deliver) I guess. IF (yeah, I know) they win all their games in hand, they'll have 1 more point then Chelsea - alas, their squad lacks strength in depth. Very much a case of if not now, then when, imo.

View attachment 2113
With the games coming thick and fast they could really struggle. Hopefully not against city though. Of the rest of the pack, I’d like Wolves to get 4th.

With the games coming thick and fast they could really struggle. Hopefully not against city though. Of the rest of the pack, I’d like Wolves to get 4th.

If Wolves somehow get top 4, they would lose their manager to a bigger club pretty soon.

We really are fucked aren’t we.

May as well turn to the best players whose contracts are expiring in next 12 months and playing lowball.

It's strange with McAteer. He has that rep and I'm not in a position to comment on whether it's deserved, but he comes across well in interviews, IMHO of course.
I think I have said it on here before, that I travelled to Wembley in a minibus with the mcateer family for the 96 cup final.
Assuming he shares at least some genes with his close relatives, I can assure you he won't be troubling the entrance committee of mensa in this lifetime.

I’ve been reading some talk of Lingard going on loan to Newcastle, couldn’t give less of a shite obviously. But he’s 29!! What a career he’s had, splinters in his arse and loans for ten years.

I’ve been reading some talk of Lingard going on loan to Newcastle, couldn’t give less of a shite obviously. But he’s 29!! What a career he’s had, splinters in his arse and loans for ten years.
On the brink of collapse as they can't agree a loan fee.

Wait he's 29?!?!?!?!?!

I know the footballing world like taking the piss with the whole young talent jokes etc but genuinely thought he was aobut 25/26.

This mother fucker closer to being a grandpops than a teenager.

Wait he's 29?!?!?!?!?!

I know the footballing world like taking the piss with the whole young talent jokes etc but genuinely thought he was aobut 25/26.

This mother fucker closer to being a grandpops than a teenager.

I had this reaction 2 years ago when i realised he was 27. Usually ambition overtakes everything at some stage but not for United legend jlingz

Adama is a decent squad player, we are never going for any one until the summer and then its only sell to buy. God know who they'll let walk for free?

With the way we play, and our ability to win back the ball high, he would have been a absolute monster for us. Teams would have been so frightened of him they would have two defenders on him taking away players that would be on Jota, or Salah, and with Thiago ,Fabs and Henderson being able to pick out that killer pass, we would be able to slice trough the most stubborn defence.

£20/£25M is peanuts for someone who can carry a ball the way he can and under Conte we will see just how good that he could have been for us

Newcastle have bought a midfielder from Lyons called Bruno Guimaraes for £30m so they are sticking to budget.

So Arsenal beaten to two targets within 24 hours

Shame

Last edited:
With the way we play, and our ability to win back the ball high, he would have been a absolute monster for us. Teams would have been so frightened of him they would have two defenders on him taking away players that would be on Jota, or Salah, and with Thiago ,Fabs and Henderson being able to pick out that killer pass, we would be able to slice trough the most stubborn defence.

£20/£25M is peanuts for someone who can carry a ball the way he can and under Conte we will see just how good that he could have been for us

well… apart from the fact that he’d only be taking players from Salah because he’d be playing in the position Salah plays in - so Salah, likeky, wouldn’t be in the pitch.

Where exactly is he carrying the ball too against those deep lying defences?

You also, hopefully, notice that Conte would want to play him at right wing back - and we don’t utilise wing backs.

Our two right sided players are Trent and Salah - neither are wings backs, both are known for creativity, accuracy, assists, goals…

So you’re bemoaning the fact we didn’t sign a player who has none of the attributes we’d value for a right-sided role and is likely to be best suited to a position we don’t utilise.

There’s a reason… we’ll actually there’s loads of reasons… why we haven’t shown any interest in signing him.

We’ve scored more goals than any other top flight side in England this season. Scoring goals isn’t the issue.

well… apart from the fact that he’d only be taking players from Salah because he’d be playing in the position Salah plays in - so Salah, likeky, wouldn’t be in the pitch.

Where exactly is he carrying the ball too against those deep lying defences?

You also, hopefully, notice that Conte would want to play him at right wing back - and we don’t utilise wing backs.

Our two right sided players are Trent and Salah - neither are wings backs, both are known for creativity, accuracy, assists, goals…

So you’re bemoaning the fact we didn’t sign a player who has none of the attributes we’d value for a right-sided role and is likely to be best suited to a position we don’t utilise.

There’s a reason… we’ll actually there’s loads of reasons… why we haven’t shown any interest in signing him.
Main reason being he's shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom