• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
he has started to become a bit injury prone don’t you think? I don’t think we can offer him a new contract on that basis, along with his age.
Well no not really. He's had a near exemplary injury record over his career but this season had a minor muscle injury quickly followed by a pulled hamstring (and we've seen bucket loads of them this season) and Covid. I don't think you can leap to 'becoming a bit injury prone' based on that. We really need to see how the rest of the season goes.

As for goals and assists - well he's hardly played but in fact has a goal or assist every 79 mins. There are not many better than that. I'd like to see him dropped into the AM role because I think he'd be ace there.

As if.

Who on earth could you get for £20m that's better than Bobby? No-one that's who. Even Bowen is going to be £50m or thereabouts.

Money going towards the kitty? Again that's a tough call because as so many pros and managers say ... there are very few players who can do what he does. Regardless of his age and drop-off.

Put it into that kid from Salzburg and say 30-40 games a year?
Dunno

271894123_5235296479861306_4490695906977089870_n.jpg

If Barca want Bobbo, let's get De Jong from them.
It looks like they are shopping him. He could do well in our midfield.
We would still need someone more dangerous in terms of goals, but he easily takes one of the slots next to Fabs.

Seriously though, I know what you mean – there are plenty of examples of Brazilian players performing at a top level well past 30 (just look at Thiago Silva at Chelsea or Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Lucio and many others), but not many of those are attackers – and there many counter-examples of attackers fading quickly even in their late 20's. Firmino's professionalism is beyond reproach, but there are also other factors to consider...

Seriously though, I know what you mean – there are plenty of examples of Brazilian players performing at a top level well past 30 (just look at Thiago Silva at Chelsea or Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Lucio and many others), but not many of those are attackers – and there many counter-examples of attackers fading quickly even in their late 20's. Firmino's professionalism is beyond reproach, but there are also other factors to consider...
That’s true. However, he is dropping off at an alarming rate and I don’t see him getting back to where he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom