• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact that we didn't sign more goal threat, knowing we would lose Mo & Sadio for AFCON. Was it bad planning or was it the Boss was told after Konate.."no more money".

True. But thinking we can get through 2 games with Origi, Jota and Firmino seems sensible.

It was a risk because 2 of those players can only really play in 1 position, and the other can play left but is a bit wasted there. We could muddle through, but when our game is quite dependent on pacy wingers it just confuses me how we still haven't got that backup

If we're not offering Chukwuemeka a contract for the summer we're idiots. The Coutinho arrival will only push him down the order in the next six months, too.

The kids got big potential and can grow alongside Jones and Elliott in our midfield. If he's not signing at Villa then hopefully Gerrard will give him the nudge in the right direction.

It was a risk because 2 of those players can only really play in 1 position, and the other can play left but is a bit wasted there. We could muddle through, but when our game is quite dependent on pacy wingers it just confuses me how we still haven't got that backup
That’s a wider issue I have. We need to look at that back up quality. What decent player who could back up Sadio and Mo would come here? They are fit 90% of the time. No player with serious ambition would do that as they’d get 10% game time.

Michael Olise at Crystal Palace has been very good. Should have got him when he was available for £8m.
Probably Palace might let him go for £20m. Forest's Spence for RB, and Emmanuel Dennis up front. You still need CDM cover. I'd still go for Ward-prowse - you'd get 4 years out of him easy.

That’s a wider issue I have. We need to look at that back up quality. What decent player who could back up Sadio and Mo would come here? They are fit 90% of the time. No player with serious ambition would do that as they’d get 10% game time.

Look what we did with Jota..brought in a hungry player about 5 years younger. No one would have expected bobby's form to drop so dramatically that Jota has taken his place so quickly. I don't think they'd have to wait long for their chance, especially with sadios continuing form.

Arsenal close to Vlahovic according to various sources. Could be bullshit.

I've never seen him play, but FSG seem fairly determined to let the standard of this squad slip while our rivals improve, don't they? I've said it before, but I think we'll be back scrapping for the European places in a few years.

If we're not offering Chukwuemeka a contract for the summer we're idiots. The Coutinho arrival will only push him down the order in the next six months, too.

The kids got big potential and can grow alongside Jones and Elliott in our midfield. If he's not signing at Villa then hopefully Gerrard will give him the nudge in the right direction.
Great name too

Look what we did with Jota..brought in a hungry player about 5 years younger. No one would have expected bobby's form to drop so dramatically that Jota has taken his place so quickly. I don't think they'd have to wait long for their chance, especially with sadios continuing form.
That’s exactly what I would’ve expected to see. A good succession plan. But just having someone just sat behind Mo, who i do hope we keep, we won’t get high quality. Bringing in Jota plus another one to slowly replace Firmino and Mané is sensible.

As for forwards, it is Frimino replacement we look at first.
Then if Salah goes, one more forward like Raphinia or that Porto fella I haven't seen maybe?

Gomes or Phillips?

The ambition which Villa are displaying, if Stevie does well there, there is a possibility we might have some difficulty attracting him here to replace Klopp. Especially if FSG continues with their managed decline of squad policy.

I'd be inclined to buy him and let him stay at Villa for the rest of the season if that's possible and helps get the deal done

As if.

Who on earth could you get for £20m that's better than Bobby? No-one that's who. Even Bowen is going to be £50m or thereabouts.

Money going towards the kitty? Again that's a tough call because as so many pros and managers say ... there are very few players who can do what he does. Regardless of his age and drop-off.

As if.

Who on earth could you get for £20m that's better than Bobby? No-one that's who. Even Bowen is going to be £50m or thereabouts.

Money going towards the kitty? Again that's a tough call because as so many pros and managers say ... there are very few players who can do what he does. Regardless of his age and drop-off.

he has started to become a bit injury prone don’t you think? I don’t think we can offer him a new contract on that basis, along with his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom