• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the whole article and aside from Bowen who we were/are interested in, the rest of the players are just names picked from smarterscout that seems to fit the bill for the type of player we need and are ones that the authors of the article speculate would interest Liverpool.

Pearce's articles are a bit weird. He doesn't have a real strength in game analysis or anything like that, doesn't write anything critical of FSG, Klopp or the management structure, doesn't really have any insider information so just either parrots what's been mass-leaked, writes up a game in a less than interesting way or writes filler pieces with no actual basis in anything. It's like he got the Athletic job purely on the basis of his club contacts and without any real leaking being done he's got no actual strings to his bow.

They are also the finished article and will cost what we can't afford in the structures.

What we say we can't afford. I don't agree they're the finished article. Haaland and Mbappe haven't got there yet awhile. I doubt Mbappe ever really will if he either stays at PSG or moves to Real Madrid. Haaland is likelier to move somewhere with a really good coach.

Mbappe looks more likely now to sign a new deal at PSG, at least that has been the narrative in the French media.
Haaland will go to Real Madrid.

Mbappe looks more likely now to sign a new deal at PSG, at least that has been the narrative in the French media.
Haaland will go to Real Madrid.
It's going to be extremely difficult for some of these players to get anything close to the deals they are looking for, or for ANY club to be able to afford them in this climate. Almost certainly that's why M'Bappe will stay where he is.

I read a few days ago that any Haaland deal will cost the club over 400m Euros for a 4 year deal. Which involves the transfer fee, salary over 4 years and commission to both his father and agent. Totally nuts and I wish some footballing or political body with real clout would come along and cut off their balls.

I agree that we don't need top top players. But we seem to be stuck in between two mindsets, in a permanent state of indecision.

(1) Buy players before their peak - Unproven and too much of a risk
(2) Buy players at their peak - Too expensive and on their way down

The "Liverpool Profile" players linked on twitter are just that.. Twitter links. I'm half convinced we aren't buying anyone because we no longer know what we want

12 months left on his contact this summer. Maybe even we could be interested:

Arsenal target Dusan Vlahovic would prefer to wait until the summer before making a decision on his future, but Fiorentina are open to selling the striker this month.
The Italian club are ready to move quickly, according to Sky in Italy, because they want to ensure they get a good price for the 21-year-old, who has 18 months to go on his deal.
But Vlahovic is keen to hold fire on any potential transfer as he waits to see how the season pans out for his potential suitors, with Champions League football a priority for the Serbia international

So did Salah. I'd take him Momo. Just a shame we dont play with an orthodox no.9
Didn’t Mutu do the same? He’s a plodder with a face like a frying pan frying an egg. His dad is a manc cunt and his agent shags alpacas. Fuck him.

Good player Zapata but I do agree he’s a lot like Lukaku. 30 years old so we’d never go for him.

A couple of these names are new to me. I would pay attention to Kamaldeen Sulemana – his dribbling is some of the most unique and spectacular I've seen and he has high ceiling if he's well-coached.

When reading these articels I say two things to myself... Yes it is what we should be doing
And Yes Salah will be sold this Summer, Mane and possibility Bobby will be sold this summer.
My Guess it will be Mane first, and If a huge offer comes in for Salah he will be close behind

[article]
LIVERPOOL are ready to battle West Ham for Fulham teenager Fabio Carvalho.
The Reds are weighing up a £5million January swoop for the 19-year-old winger amid reports that Hammers are also prepared to pounce.
[/article]

3x Besiktas
1x Lazio
1x Zenit
4x Brugge
4x Seville
4x Genk
3x Napoli
2x PSG
1x Liverpool

Only one decent side on that list and he still lost that game.

simpsons-wrong-answer.gif

I must add I don’t actually have a real opinion on Haaland. I’ve seen him play twice I think. He’s just numbers on a screen. But is playing in ploders league which gave us Keita and Thiago.

Haalands not worth it when the whole transfer and wages and bung to his dad and agent goes north of £300m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom