• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thomas Lemar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say the majority of this site has been saying our midfield leave our defenders exposed not since Klopp but since the Rodgers days. You’re going completely mental here.

@juniormember - no they haven't - every time after a game the midfield has been chastised for other things except supporting the defenders - only later did people start mentioning this stuff. In most cases both Matip/Lovren have been left in really shit situations. Ok they maybe not not the leader types but they are respectable 2nd defenders and both have played at international level. I think the issue with the defence being isolated became a big issue under Klopp and not Rodgers because under Rodgers at the start of that season we were winning games 1-0 (studge was the man then). Our problem has been more about balance between defence and attack under Klopp not about the quality of our defence.

With reference to your point about Desailly and Zidanne - they may well have found it difficult to develop into the players they became if they had moved from France to this Country. In Italy - the game is slow, and played very technically (as it was then) - players had space and time to develop their skills in real match situations, back then in this country it was hit, and run with a lot of toughness. They would never have had the time to develop into the players they became. Also back then the best players in Europe and around the world were heading towards Italy and so they were playing with the best and learning from them. I have no doubt that at Inter - had Coutinho had the right manager he would be where he is now about 2 years ago and it would be Inter getting that £145M.

Best Wishes,

MORON

Arsenal are probably going for Malcom, so not sure where Monaco think they're getting their 90 million from.

Nobody apart from any of the English clubs or Real/Barca can pay that much, and there isn't that much interest in him.

They either sell him for 60-70, or he stays put.

Arsenal are probably going for Malcom, so not sure where Monaco think they're getting their 90 million from.

Nobody apart from any of the English clubs or Real/Barca can pay that much, and there isn't that much interest in him.

They either sell him for 60-70, or he stays put.
I'm pretty sure Monaco won't be too dissappointed. They are getting £166m for Mbappe.

Monaco are built to sell. Lemar won't be staying with them forever. They'll cash in on him sooner or later, but I can't see anyone offering 90 million for him.

If Monaco lower their asking price, we might see a move for him from us.

Bordeaux stating that Malcolm will stay for the rest of the season as well. Guess thats more a bargaining statement mind.

If Monaco lower their asking price, we might see a move for him from us.

Bordeaux stating that Malcolm will stay for the rest of the season as well. Guess thats more a bargaining statement mind.
90M is way too much...but it seems we are are not going for our number one target so are we downing on the creative quality on the replacement for coutinho ?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

If there's still a chance of Can signing a new contract we should do it now, he was top class yesterday.

With Sanchez seemingly on his way to United, and Walcott the same to Everton I can see Lemar going to Arsenal now. If we were going to bid we would have already.

It would surely be a gamble to go to Arsenal, with Wenger looking likely to go soon after you arrive, several of the best players probably going just before you arrive, and an uncertain future for the team under a new manager. It's hardly the place most players of his age and ambition would pick to push on to the next level.

With Sanchez seemingly on his way to United, and Walcott the same to Everton I can see Lemar going to Arsenal now. If we were going to bid we would have already.
I'd be amazed if Wenger decides to spend 90 million on Lemar. Mkhitaryan and Malcom seem to be his main targets.

It would surely be a gamble to go to Arsenal, with Wenger looking likely to go soon after you arrive, several of the best players probably going just before you arrive, and an uncertain future for the team under a new manager. It's hardly the place most players of his age and ambition would pick to push on to the next level.
Indeed. I saw an article that they may end up with Mykyteran (sp.), Aubameyang and Malcom this window ..... that seems to be in the realm of fantasy for me. Any highly rated player would be thinking deeply about what is happening there and for most they would surely conclude it's hardly likely to be the step up they would want.

Arsenal target Malcolm, 20. (Twenty)

632314178.jpg

He's nowhere near worth 90m. Thank fuck we're not willing to pay it.

Our fans have said this before under Klopp.

Mane not worth the price.

Ox not worth the price.

He might not be worth £90m now, but could Klopp make him a £90m player+, given he improved Mane, Salah, Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana & now Ox... the prospect of an improved Lemar under Klopp is pretty exciting.

If Klopp thinks he's worth paying for, I think given his history of attacking signings for us (& Dortmund) & more importantly how he improves those players, we really shouldn't worry about the price.

Our fans have said this before under Klopp.

Mane not worth the price.

Ox not worth the price.

He might not be worth £90m now, but could Klopp make him a £90m player+, given he improved Mane, Salah, Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana & now Ox... the prospect of an improved Lemar under Klopp is pretty exciting.

If Klopp thinks he's worth paying for, I think given his history of attacking signings for us (& Dortmund) & more importantly how he improves those players, we really shouldn't worry about the price.
Well according to reports we don't think he's worth 90m and only around 60m.

Dear ALL

Bullet dodged:-

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...l-liverpool-barcelona-lemar-transfer-11885450

MORON

Well done Klopp and Co. Lemar has failed the Barca Test.

I wouldn't pay any attention to this article, meaningless bollocks.

@Glen C, I agree with you - even though I like Lemar very much he clearly hasn't done enough to warrant anything close to £90M fee. That was pure extortion on Monaco's part and I'm glad we didn't want to reward them for being assholes. I thnk we'll come back for him in the summer for something similar to what was discussed last summer (around £65-70M, which is still way too much, but at least you can justify it by where the "market" is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom