• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thomas Lemar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't have bought him because of his name alone.

Although, I'd have definitely bought Lazar Markovic because of his name alone, so perhaps that isn't the best strategy.

Yes, names are important. There should be no chance at all that a footballer who is called fucking "Laser" could be anything other than boss.

We never learn.

I imagined when we didn't go the extra mile (extra mils) in Jan, that Klopp doesn't think Lemar's The One.

I have no idea what player we should go for - but if we spend 40M+ on a player I expect him to go into the first team and be the dogs bollox.

I think Hal has a friend that works there or something

Yeah, didn't realise it had actually been reported today. Apparently Klopp is sick of being asked questions about Lemar so the club has briefed the media to put out that we're not interested. You could look at that two ways, really.

The same lad told me he reckons we'll be after Lanzini in the summer.

Pearce in the Echo saying we've moved on from Lemar and will be focusing on other targets.

Yeah, didn't realise it had actually been reported today. Apparently Klopp is sick of being asked questions about Lemar so the club has briefed the media to put out that we're not interested. You could look at that two ways, really.

Lanzini for Coutinho would be straight out of the Aquilani for Alonso and Balotelli for Suarez school of incompetence.

Pearce in the Echo saying we've moved on from Lemar and will be focusing on other targets.

Pearce, always the bearer of bad news.

That said, if Monaco won’t budge from their £90M valuation maybe we should focus on other targets. As much as I like Lemar, he hasn’t done enough yet to be worth Pogba money.

Pearce, always the bearer of bad news.

That said, if Monaco won’t budge from their £90M valuation maybe we should focus on other targets. As much as I like Lemar, he hasn’t done enough yet to be worth Pogba money.
I'm confused

So klopp clearly has backup targets then? And will settle for second best?

I thought that wasn't his style

(I'm still pissed over the centre back shite in the summer, don't mean to be snarky)

Oh fuck.

Watching that Laczazette yesterday, you can't trust anyone from that league. Unless you're Leicester, obv.

Price clearly has a say.

Yes, as do (a) difference in quality and (b) urgency of need. If Klopp reckons there's a second choice out there who is LFC standard, though maybe not quite as good as the first choice, I'm sure he'd be in for him if the need were great enough. If he thinks either of those factors doesn't apply, though, he'll hold out for the top choice and IMO rightly so. This is absolutely not the simple "one in, one out" equation that too many on here seem to think it is.

Tbf we had loads of players on high wages who were shit. Trouble is we didn't replace them with players who are good

The problem is that the in / out policy hasn't been 1:1 at all. It's been 1:2 and seen us with a squad 11 players lighter, as well as Studge and Grujic on loan. That's not by chance, that's by policy.

You'd gladly fall to your knees and start praying upon the slightest chance that policy ever extended to our goalkeepers.

The players we've offloaded have mostly been youngsters and senior players who weren't contributing so numbers don't tell the whole story.

It's not numbers we have a problem with, it's quality (and reliability to a degree).

The players we've offloaded have mostly been youngsters and senior players who weren't contributing so numbers don't tell the whole story.

It's not numbers we have a problem with, it's quality (and reliability to a degree).
Yeh, i'm kind of with you on this, for years people were complaining that we have too much bloat in the squad, and we need to trim the fat, we do that, and people still complain. I agree there's an issue we need to resolve with us not properly replacing a couple of the players when then leave, but the numbers game people are playing here is dishonest to our previous situation.

Yeh, i'm kind of with you on this, for years people were complaining that we have too much bloat in the squad, and we need to trim the fat, we do that, and people still complain. I agree there's an issue we need to resolve with us not properly replacing a couple of the players when then leave, but the numbers game people are playing here is dishonest to our previous situation.

Yeah. There's some merit in both sides of the argument, deffo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom