• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thomas Lemar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh, i'm kind of with you on this, for years people were complaining that we have too much bloat in the squad, and we need to trim the fat, we do that, and people still complain. I agree there's an issue we need to resolve with us not properly replacing a couple of the players when then leave, but the numbers game people are playing here is dishonest to our previous situation.

To be fair, during those years we had the reasonable belief that ditching three or four useless fuckers would free up enough budget to afford a player like Zidane. The same belief today of attracting those sorts of players would be pure delusional, so you have to ask yourself what exactly are we freeing all of these wages up for? The answer probably has scales.

I'm not arguing with the need to get rid of shite. That job is still clearly not yet complete. I'm saying that we must have saved a fortune in wages and we're a couple of injuries away from doomsville. You're meant to get rid of the shite and replace it with good players, not just pretend it never existed.

Coutinho is clearly the biggest loss, but there's defo an argument that Skrtel / Sakho are better than Matip or Lovren. Sturridge is objectively better than what is on our bench. And shock horror, Ibe has suddenly found form and started getting loads of praise. It's not like we've only shipped shite.

Meanwhile, he's sponked a load on Gini, Ox, signed Matip, Grujic and Karius. It's not like he always picks his only possible target, or if he has I don't trust his judgement as much as most of you. Klavan seems good, but he would hardly be the first choice of any big side, that target thing is an excuse and not a reality.

I don't think Lamar, was "the one" midfielder, for Klopp in the sense that VvD was "the one" defender. If he had been, I'm sure Klopp would have had the dosh to pay well over the odds to bring him in. It's almost as if Klopp has different levels of interest in players. He might even have a whole checklist of criteria he's looking for, in players, to fill specific roles, including availability, price, attitude, desire to play for us etc, before we even get to the player's specific on-field skill set. There are some things that can be worked on and some things might be compromised on (such as price). If only life was as black and white as some people believe.

Everytime i've watched Lemar my first thoughts are always "Is that it?". Seems a decent enough player, but i'd expect more for 90m.

If only life was as black and white as some people believe.

The problem with that statement is it's not what we're saying. You don't buy Klavan if you're only buying one defender for example, it's what they say. And by they I mean Klopp and FSG. They make it sound very black and white, when as you say, it clearly isn't. It's an excuse for thinning the squad and lowering the wage bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom