• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Paris Olympics

Yeah I never understood that. How does someone who has spent half their lives competing in the men's category (and I assume with reasonable levels of success) suddenly say "Oh now that I'm a woman, I'll go compete in the women category".

It's completely different from Trans Men who want to compete with men.

But honestly the worst part of this kerfuffle is that I just want to know who else Richard Hughes has added to the 'monitoring' list but instead my social media is now just a cess pool of garbage.

I just read a bit on this, she was actually born a woman, the Russians claimed she had a Y chromosome, which has been proven false. Seems like a non-story?

More generally, obviously men competing in women's sports shouldn't be allowed, especially in one as physical as boxing.

It’s not a black and white issue that’s for sure.

I don’t remember people demanding Serena Williams show us all her vagina and testosterone levels and all that jazz. She was (is) a physical anomaly. The same way as I see this fighter.

If her having high testosterone levels makes her a man, should “men” with low testosterone be a woman?

No one asked for a DNA test because it was quite obvious that she's a girl.
Yeah, she's genetically superior just like Phelps or Shaq O'Neal.
But just like Rooney, she'd probably be fat if she wasn't playing Tennis.

The Algerian boxer is genetically a man. Not genetically built like a man. If she has the same condition Caster Semenya has as reported by the media, that means that she doesn't have female reproductive organs.

Not really. As pointed out she has lost loads of times before. Nobody kicked off 4 years ago. A fucking crying Italian when the going gets tough isn’t anything new.

I’d question the weight divisions though because they do not look the same weight class.
Things change when you constantly get a natural dose of testosterone. Have you seen the difference in size between now and 4 years ago?
She's also ranked no 1 now in the Olympics.

No one asked for a DNA test because it was quite obvious that she's a girl.
Yeah, she's genetically superior just like Phelps or Shaq O'Neal.
But just like Rooney, she'd probably be fat if she wasn't playing Tennis.

The Algerian boxer is genetically a man. Not genetically built like a man. If she has the same condition Caster Semenya has as reported by the media, that means that she doesn't have female reproductive organs.
How is it obvious William’s is a girl? All indicators make you think she’s a female, but did anyone go down this rabbit hole? No they didn’t. It is moot now she has kids but go back 20 years ago everyone accepted she was different which gave her an advantage in her field.

Nobody has confirmed whether or not she has reproductive organs. There is lots of comments based from an IFBA statement who didn’t actually come out and say precisely what tests they performed. Isn’t it pure speculation on her chromosomes? Does the world want her to have a period in the ring to prove she’s a woman?

Things change when you constantly get a natural dose of testosterone. Have you seen the difference in size between now and 4 years ago?
She's also ranked no 1 now in the Olympics.

I would expect anyone who is committed to training to look different across a 4 year period. From what I’ve read her testosterone levels are still within the accepted range for women even though on the high side. Going back to the Williams comparison, looking at her muscle mass, I would guess she’s the same with an elevated level.

How is it obvious William’s is a girl? All indicators make you think she’s a female, but did anyone go down this rabbit hole? No they didn’t. It is moot now she has kids but go back 20 years ago everyone accepted she was different which gave her an advantage in her field.

Nobody has confirmed whether or not she has reproductive organs. There is lots of comments based from an IFBA statement who didn’t actually come out and say precisely what tests they performed. Isn’t it pure speculation on her chromosomes? Does the world want her to have a period in the ring to prove she’s a woman?

I would expect anyone who is committed to training to look different across a 4 year period. From what I’ve read her testosterone levels are still within the accepted range for women even though on the high side. Going back to the Williams comparison, looking at her muscle mass, I would guess she’s the same with an elevated level.

My comments are based on the articles stating that she's XY. If she isn't, then more power too her and the Italian is a crybaby.
It's not a hill I'm willing to die on die on.

How is it obvious that Serena is a girl? Well them tits and that booty don't lie.
It's a whole lot of woman there...

I think I went the long way round to say it’s all speculation about her chromosomes based on some Russian report.

I hope you didn’t have a pocket shuffle over Meatloaf in fight club 😉

Even more hilarious. The winner shaved 3 seconds off his personal best yet no eye brows are raised?

Are we in for the dirtiest Olympics since 88?
They were saying it's a particularly fast running track...

I think all of them are on PEDs. It's pretty much a given. They don't stamp down on it as it's too widespread now and it would ruin the image. It's the same in all sports.

Mens javelin provided a wonderful rivalry story.
Pakistan V India foe the top medal.
Pakistani guy won.
Had zero support from govt
His village supported him throughout his career
Needed a new javelin a while back, Chopra his rival gave him his.
They've been battling it out but maintain at min great respect but love n support.

Here are their mums when asked about the other guy.

View: https://x.com/ghulamabbasshah/status/1821824905316360426?t=asjMc0i8oLgsIv_uVx73Xw&s=19

Yeah I just posted the same tweet in my family WhatsApp chat.

I'm not even sure how she qualified. Is she really the best Australia has?

Also...

🤣🤣🤣

On a separate note and in Olympic fashion, just finished watching Chandu Champion. What an excellent film.

Maybe she watched it too and thought - I could win gold medal too.

Back
Top Bottom