• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Silly Season 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anderson Talica ... or whatever his name is ... the lad we were linked to from Benfica

Signing for ... WOLVES!

Quelle surprise. Everybody with a bit of sense could see these rumours were totally made up.

(I wonder if he will claim he "rejected Liverpool" to sign for a Championship team)

Pretty ominous words from the boss. I wonder who he is talking about in particular. There are more than a few names I can think of...

Reds boss Jurgen Klopp says the prospect of any more new signings depends on how players react to his decisions. “We will see how the players react on my decisions again because we will have more players than 11 for sure, and then you have to accept a few decisions and you have to take it as an opportunity. To develop a team never ends so, you have only result, result, result, but then you will have to again decide. That’s how it is. So we will see. I don’t think we’ll have a lot. But of course everyone knows about it maybe on the outgoing side will happen a little bit.”

Liverpool have made an enquiry to Cologne for Jonas Hector. His fee is said to be around £22.5m [Emanuele Giulianelli] #LFC

Worth it?

Last edited:
Liverpool have made an enquiry to Cologne for Jonas Hector. His fee is said to be around £22.5m [Emanuele Giulianelli] #LFC
Obv not a bad player and would definitely be an upgrade on Moreno - defensively - but he's nowhere near our erratic Spaniards standards when going forward mind. At least not from judging Hector's performances during the Euros.

*I am still one of three posters on here (lose estimate) that actually still rates Moreno and haven't completely given up on him - with guidance and training focusing on his defensive game and positioning he could still turn into quite the explosive LB. I like those.

Last edited:
Obv not a bad player and would definitely be an upgrade on Moreno - defensively - but he's nowhere near our erratic Spaniards standards when going forward mind. At least not when judging Hector's performances during the Euros.

*I am still one of three posters on here (lose estimate) that actually still rates Moreno and haven't completely given up on him - with guidance and training focusing on his defensive game and positioning he could still turn into quite the explosive LB. I like those.
Not sure if I'm on that list, but I still rate Moreno, I wouldn't complain if we signed a left back ahead of him or for competition, but there is clearly a very very good player in Moreno, hopefully more time working with Klopp will help bring that player out.

I like Moreno still, but the issue is we generally lack depth at fullback, so we need to add a body regardless. Adding a first team quality player gives us a good problem when selecting a team, while giving us depth in case there's an injury.

Obv not a bad player and would definitely be an upgrade on Moreno - defensively - but he's nowhere near our erratic Spaniards standards when going forward mind. At least not from judging Hector's performances during the Euros.
I'm not sure we should use the Euros as the benchmark for Hector's crossing. He had the 2nd highest number of crosses in Europe for a FB after .. .Moreno.

Moreno is just awful. Defensively he is just all over the place. Hector would be a massive upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Leroy Sane is in Manchester (acc. to Schalke 04), on his way to the 'City' apparently.. dammit.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Jutland, Denmark, Rafael van der Vaart has been spotted on a stadium and several Danish sources (including their Director of Sports) confirms that talks are ongoing and that he might sign for well-known giants of Europe.. ehm... FC Midtjylland (FC In-the-middle-of-Jutland).

Shocking if he moves.

BBC Sport @BBCSport
"Today Costa is Chelsea's player. Tomorrow...I don't know." Antonio Conte has spoken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom