• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Big game this one, we have to win to restore our broken confidence, a win here and we could really get the ball rolling. However Southampton are playing good football at the moment and it won't be easy. They're very dangerous going forward, luckily however, their defence is not very good at all.

It's been painfully obvious for a while that some of our players need to be rested, Allen, Gerrard and Sterling, and that some of them need to be shot, Drowning, so I'd take those out and bring in Suso, Shelvey, Sahin and Wisdom and play like this.

------------PR------------
-AW---MS---DA----GJ-
---------JH---NS---------
-JFS------JS-------JE--
------------LS------------

That's a good team and it should have the beating of Southampton. Play it Brendan.

Henderson and Sahin couldn't win a game of snakes and ladders.

He played 60 mins of a Reserve game last week, so I'd say he's probably fit enough to play a little. Sharpness may not be there of course but that comes with minutes along the way.

Big game this one, we have to win to restore our broken confidence, a win here and we could really get the ball rolling. However Southampton are playing good football at the moment and it won't be easy. They're very dangerous going forward, luckily however, their defence is not very good at all.

It's been painfully obvious for a while that some of our players need to be rested, Allen, Gerrard and Sterling, and that some of them need to be shot, Drowning, so I'd take those out and bring in Suso, Shelvey, Şahin and Wisdom and play like this.

------------PR------------
-AW---MS---DA----GJ-
---------JH---NS---------
-JFS------JS-------JE--
------------LS------------

That's a good team and it should have the beating of Southampton. Play it Brendan.

Who is JFS?!

Allen shouldn't be left out of this one so I would like to BEHAVE on that. Henderson - still not performing so back to the bench he goes. We need wins, now is not the time to hope players find their feet.

I'd like to see us go the wing back route like we did vs Chelsea.

----------------Reina-----------------
------Skrtel--Coates--Agger------
Johnson----------------------Enrique
----------------Allen-------------------
----------Gerrard--Shelvey--------
---------------Sterling-----------------
----------------Suarez-----------------

Looks narrow but Sterling can do as he did versus Chelsea and pick a wing and alternate.. Johnson and Enrique will be playing pretty high.

Suso/Sahin both options for the other midfield role.

In an ideal World it would be Lucas with Gerrard and Allen ahead but we will have to wait for that and see how it goes.

Who is JFS?!

Allen shouldn't be left out of this one so I would like to BEHAVE on that. Henderson - still not performing so back to the bench he goes. We need wins, now is not the time to hope players find their feet.

I'd like to see us go the wing back route like we did vs Chelsea.

----------------Reina-----------------
------Skrtel--Coates--Agger------
Johnson----------------------Enrique
----------------Allen-------------------
----------Gerrard--Shelvey--------
---------------Sterling-----------------
----------------Suarez-----------------

Looks narrow but Sterling can do as he did versus Chelsea and pick a wing and alternate.. Johnson and Enrique will be playing pretty high.

Suso/Şahin both options for the other midfield role.

In an ideal World it would be Lucas with Gerrard and Allen ahead but we will have to wait for that and see how it goes.

Allen, Gerrard and Sterling need to rest.

Start shelvey

End of

Yep, he was the answer to all our problems in the games he's played since he come back from his ban. Bar that cameo the weekend, he's been on par with Gerrard and Allen - wank. I don't trust any of them with a start at the moment minus Suarez.

In an ideal world the weekend we'd probably start

Lucas
Allen
Gerrard

But those two have been as shit as shelvey and Lucas won't start due to his risk of breaking in half.

I think we'll win the weekend, but it'll probably be down to Suarez single handedly dragging us out of the shit as per.

These overpaid half arsed cnuts need to start chipping in, pretending they are desperate to win and helping him.

Yep, he was the answer to all our problems in the games he's played since he come back from his ban. Bar that cameo the weekend, he's been on par with Gerrard and Allen - wank. I don't trust any of them with a start at the moment minus Suarez.

In an ideal world the weekend we'd probably start

Lucas
Allen
Gerrard

But those two have been as shit as shelvey and Lucas won't start due to his risk of breaking in half.

I think we'll win the weekend, but it'll probably be down to Suarez single handedly dragging us out of the shit as per.

These overpaid half arsed cnuts need to start chipping in, pretending they are desperate to win and helping him.

Great Post - sums up my feelings - fantastic, I don't want to give you a like as I don't think its enough but I will !!

In an ideal world I wouldn't start Gerrard. His legs have gone and he doesn't Harry the opposition.

Shelvey does.

Plus, shelvey has scored more goals this season than Gerrard

In an ideal world I wouldn't start Gerrard. His legs have gone and he doesn't Harry the opposition.

Shelvey does.

Plus, shelvey has scored more goals this season than Gerrard

If his legs are gone for the running in midfield then perhaps we should just go 4-4-2 and play him up front alongside Suarez, play Allen, and Shelvy as the midfielders (along with spanish fat bloke, and Sterling on both sides).

But he doesn't track back well enough

Gerrard could possibly be t the stage where he's a luxury player. Great to have in the team in an attacking sense , but overall his contribution isn't the best.

But he doesn't track back well enough

Gerrard could possibly be t the stage where he's a luxury player. Great to have in the team in an attacking sense , but overall his contribution isn't the best.

No - you don't understand - we use Suarez to track back because he has lots of energy - we use Gerrard as a striker who always stays up front - last man to recieve a ball to try and score. No need to track back Stevy - just be in a position to score a goal, and support Suarez.

Aslong as Shelvey starts i'll be happy enough.

This could be tricky. Southampton have picked up recently and you just don't know what to expect from us at home nowadays.

The saints have an awful defence and keeper.

If we don't beat this lot, I will be concerned for the season ahead.

I don't care what players he puts out on the pitch. We are Liverpool FC. They are a poor Southampton team. No excuses. We absolutely should, and must, win.
I'll go for a draw.

Shite is stretching it. We're playing some good football but not getting the results we deserve.
Its not like its fucking hopeless to watch us play these days.

Shite is stretching it. We're playing some good football but not getting the results we deserve.
Its not like its fucking hopeless to watch us play these days.

i won't bother debating it with you beyond this post because i am in the minority so obviously wrong ...but i don't even think our football is all that good . Certainly i think we played better stuff under Kenny during his first half season and even a few months into last season . We might have more possession and passes but not really in dangerous parts of the pitch . Anyway .

i won't bother debating it with you beyond this post because i am in the minority so obviously wrong ...but i don't even think our football is all that good . Certainly i think we played better stuff under Kenny during his first half season and even a few months into last season . We might have more possession and passes but not really in dangerous parts of the pitch . Anyway .
I'd have to disagree somewhat. I think we look really dangerous going forward into the last third. Some of our passing has been killer. But as usual our finishing is letting us down. But it's not just our finishing. Costly mistakes and general bad luck has been our biggest downfall this season. Also, Joe Allen giving away silly frees on the edge of our own box is just asking for trouble.

We looked better under kenny in his first six months, but that was because we had a bevy of attacking options.

We don't now, we have suarez and some kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom