• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ, Dreamy... You do make it easy sometimes.

He's not attacking that ball... He's not running on to it... He's going straight up, maybe even ever-so-slightly backwards... To get THAT placement and THAT power on that header is top drawer - That's fucking textbook stuff.
Magnificent header.

I'd be playing Şahin instead of him, he's been wank since that ban.
Good result though, with or without him. Good to see Lucas back.

Sahin? Yeah cos he's been soooo good, creative and energetic and productive lately. You really are so one-eyed it's untrue.

Shelvey would be in my team all day long.

I've decided you have no idea what you're talking about.

Hmmmmm, I don't know Red, Shelvey was fucking rank yesterday, and has been fits and starts for a few weeks now, although if it means Henderson in, I might be inclined to stick with him.
I would play Sahin in a more advanced role , he is more suited to that than in the middle.

I agree Shelvey was pretty poor yesterday. Wanted to see Suso do some damage. Weird to see him benched after a inspiring performance against YB. Sahin also did well. No worries though we'll have a really good team against Udinese.

Ok yesterday was not his best game - However what he does offer is a goal threat from central midfield. He was so close to proving that with his shot that slammed against the bar. His passing and tackling was ok apart from a few silly mistakes. I agree that Sahin will come good and Suso is an option. Henderson is a good solid player but he offers nothing in terms of creativity. At the moment out of those four based on those criteria (tackling, passing, creativity and being a goal threat) I'd have to go with Shelvey. He's far from the finished article I'd admit - But he's getting there and in my opinion is the best we've got at the moment.

I thought he did quite well, his drive against the bar was excellent and he offers good movement to get in behind and play some wonderful passes to start moves. Him and Sterling were both a bit guilty yesterday of being indecisive and picking the wrong pass or giving the ball away needlessly, but he was far from poor I thought. I'd rather see those two trying to make things happen and it not always coming off, that the other crabs we've got in there.

He was ace in the first half and poor in the second. Got a few easy passes wrong and then his head went down.

I still put him in third in the MoTM poll and that's because he and the two I placed above him, Enrique and Suarez, seem to understand that winning football matches is the whole point of his existence and passing it round is a means to an end, not an end in itself. He looks like he really gives a fuck, and we need a lot more of that. I'm not on about the whole team being based on blood and thunder, but there's a balance and at the minute we don't have enough of it. When you stick Henderson or Sahin or whoever in there, with Gerrard currently going through the motions and Allen being about as urgent as Lucas, then we have none of it in the middle at all.

Lucas played really well and I think Allen did a great flick over the top for Suarez who could have done better, but neither of them will ever whack a ball that fucking hard against the post that it nearly goes out for a throw. Shelvey is going to be great, not good, I'm pretty sure of that.

I thought he did quite well, his drive against the bar was excellent and he offers good movement to get in behind and play some wonderful passes to start moves. Him and Sterling were both a bit guilty yesterday of being indecisive and picking the wrong pass or giving the ball away needlessly, but he was far from poor I thought. I'd rather see those two trying to make things happen and it not always coming off, that the other crabs we've got in there.
Agree especially with your point about Sterling. I thought yesterday was probably his poorest game for us. Too many times he was dribbling into blind alleys and losing the ball. I'm not going to really hold that against him as at least he was trying to create something. Same with Shelvey. He offers something more - He really is a box to box to midfielder and in the coming years will prove to be a great one I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom