• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Slot-ball

I dont understand Klopp ? Give me a break, that team that beat them 4-3 in that afternoon was all about hitting them on the break and Andy chasing down all the way to Ederson was primitive at its best , that game was about pure running and pressing, thats what primitive shit is to me. In the end you run out of energy holding on hence why it ended 4-3 and not 4-1

Klopp’s football is actually highly organized and tactical; everything from pressing to defensive high line to attacking combinations was well-thought out and it took players like Fabinho and Robertson months to understand how to play in that system. Klopp’s greatness as a manager is precisely in his ability to combine his deep understanding of the game’s tactical nuances that’s on par with the Peps and Bielsas of this world with his unique ability as a motivator.

If you think Klopp was just a “Run faster! Kick everything that moves!” type of coach, then yes, I’m afraid you don’t understand him and you’re thinking of a caricature. Klopp’s football was fast and passionate - yes, but not at all “primitive.”

Klopp’s football is actually highly organized and tactical; everything from pressing to defensive high line to attacking combinations was well-thought out and it took players like Fabinho and Robertson months to understand how to play in that system. Klopp’s greatness as a manager is precisely in his ability to combine his deep understanding of the game’s tactical nuances that’s on par with the Peps and Bielsas of this world with his unique ability as a motivator.

If you think Klopp was just a “Run faster! Kick everything that moves!” type of coach, then yes, I’m afraid you don’t understand him and you’re thinking of a caricature. Klopp’s football was fast and passionate - yes, but not at all “primitive.”
I have seen more football than most on here, that 4-3 game was just an energy fuelled basketball game in the end with the crowd hyped up at Anfield.

Over the time Klopp was here all it took for his system to break down were opposition teams that sometimes wanted to run more and counter press just as well as us. It was game over for us.

Liverpool Football Club has introduced a new rule under manager Arne Slot. In rondos, the following moves are now banned:
Flicks
Back heels
Drag back flicks

The goal is to encourage players to maintain an open body shape as much as possible.

I have seen more football than most on here, that 4-3 game was just an energy fuelled basketball game in the end with the crowd hyped up at Anfield.

Over the time Klopp was here all it took for his system to break down were opposition teams that sometimes wanted to run more and counter press just as well as us. It was game over for us.

Confirmed! You don’t understand Klopp

After all the glorious years with Klopp I can’t believe there are some who still don’t understand the organised chaos that have brought the club so much joy.

Its far better than that turgid mechanical Slowball which I am forseeing will come.

Let’s see what Slot is made of when he inevitably loses his first match pretty soon. How he overcomes adversity is what makes or breaks him as Liverpool manager.

Liverpool Football Club has introduced a new rule under manager Arne Slot. In rondos, the following moves are now banned:
Flicks
Back heels
Drag back flicks

The goal is to encourage players to maintain an open body shape as much as possible.

If we can control the body shape of the players, then we don't have to dip into the transfer market for defensive midfielders shaped like protocol droids.

Next level thinking, FSG.

View: https://x.com/Jon_Mackenzie/status/1824805507653128273

I think we have the first memorable quote from the new boss.

this was brilliant from the coach - because it woke them up to deal with the root cause of their problems. Under Klopp it was almost a default settings when the players have the energy and do the counter-pressing as it implies being in constant duels to get the ball back. But if it failed under Klopp he would describe it as not winning balls/2nd balls. But Slot said it in a way that kind of implies "You guys are a bunch of lazy cunts and need to win that ball" - we should be relieved that it worked because I honestly thought the aggression was gonna go missing from our games with Slot ball.

Jota opened his account with a goal in Saturday’s win at Ipswich, where he started as centre-forward due to Darwin Nunez‘s lack of pre-season minutes after his Copa America involvement.

“It’s obviously a bit different from Klopp where I maybe was useful out wide,” Jota told the club’s website.

“I think here [Slot] wants our wingers a lot more in one-v-ones and I think we have better options than myself.

“If I stay in the middle and wait for those chances to come in and score them, I think that is what I do the best so you can take that into the season.”

Behind his friendly exterior, Arne Slot is as ruthless as they come

Slot is not at Liverpool to copy Jurgen Klopp but he has already shown comparable toughness in his decision making to the German

Chris Bascombe

23 August 2024 • 8:03am

Full article here:

Got a little Rafa in him, don't he.

Behind his friendly exterior, Arne Slot is as ruthless as they come

Slot is not at Liverpool to copy Jurgen Klopp but he has already shown comparable toughness in his decision making to the German

Chris Bascombe

23 August 2024 • 8:03am

Full article here:

Got a little Rafa in him, don't he.
No Rafa had a lot of GH in him, Slot seems like a beast he wants to attack and will make changes such that the players play the way he wants them to in early game time. None of this Klopp subs at 60-65 mins. I like his ruthlessness. What was different about that 2nd half was the way our team did the quick passing and moving, under Klopp we passed it a lot but it was pass and think and then pass, under Slot its quck passing and movement, none of that dwindling on the ball and waiting for the opposition to get back into their defensive shape. Also that first half, under Klopp we may have been a goal down early, but because we congested the space in front of our defense it made it harder for the opposition. Cant wait for the next game, the quad is on until we start losing midfielders to injuries.

Interesting comments from Bradley about daily tactical meetings showing players what they’ve done well and not so well. Says Klopp was only the day before a game. Says he’s learning a lot and it’s different.

Seems like he’s making a big impressive.

Interesting comments from Bradley about daily tactical meetings showing players what they’ve done well and not so well. Says Klopp was only the day before a game. Says he’s learning a lot and it’s different.

Seems like he’s making a big impressive.
Almost as if different managers have their different ways of working.

It's great players are bigging up the new coach but as we know, talk is cheap.

Back
Top Bottom