• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Slot-ball

Yeah but who have we really played ? the starting fixtures have been kind to us. Still for a new manager and fuck all signings given he has done well. The united game was a tricky fixture but they were so shit it makes it difficult to tell.
Well mate you'll soon get what you're asking for...

Screenshot-2024-09-26-18-23-04-697-com-android-chrome-edit.jpg

The season could be over by mid December.

Arne Slot: “If you asked my father now, he would say, ‘He does everything different as a manager to how he was as a player.’

“I always make the same joke. I always say: I was not so fast, some people called me slow, and that helped me maybe a bit with game insight.”

“I needed the team to get to a certain level because, individually, I couldn’t go around three players. I always needed my team-mates where I could play them my passes.”

“I had to think a lot about the game; maybe that’s what helps me now. At a certain age, I felt like, ‘OK, if a team-mate of mine plays this ball, it normally leads to losing the ball, and if we play a different ball, it leads to success’.”

“At the end of my career, that became more and more clear to me.”

“I was lucky enough that then the Barcelona team started playing, and I saw similar patterns, not in terms of how we play it, but more: OK, this ball which we sometimes play – and Barcelona constantly plays – leads to success. And that’s helped me create my own philosophy about football.”

To be fair he's a much nicer guy than I feared. Paisley was a complete twat by the way so I guess you should judge people on their merits but I was worried that his ego wouldn't fit. It's early days, but I was probs wrong to pre judge him. He seems like a nice guy who knows his shit. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom